Profile for L. M. Wilson > Reviews

Content by L. M. Wilson

L. M. Wilson "korcula blue" (Redcar, Cleveland United Kingdom)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-16
Go Where Your Heart Believes
Go Where Your Heart Believes

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding!, 24 Aug. 2016
I just discovered this gem recently and fell in love with it. The video of Chris singing with such a lovely background is gorgeous too.

Here Is Your Paradise
Here Is Your Paradise

5.0 out of 5 stars I love Chris de Burgh's Music, 24 Aug. 2016
Beautiful words and beautifully sung.

Fever Of The Bone: (Tony Hill and Carol Jordan, Book 6)
Fever Of The Bone: (Tony Hill and Carol Jordan, Book 6)

5.0 out of 5 stars This book has held my interest throughout., 24 Aug. 2016
This is my first bookI have read by this author and I was not disappointed. Other reviewers have already given very full coverings of the contents, so sufficient to say that I heartily endorse their praises. This book has held my interest throughout and has detailed information re police procedures. Her characters have great depth and the plot is gripping all the way through the book. I will be reading more of Val McDermid's work.

The Killing Lessons
The Killing Lessons

5.0 out of 5 stars Well worth a read!, 19 Aug. 2016
This powerful book is described as 'a brutally compelling serial killer thriller,' 'explosively exciting' and 'knuckle-whiteningly terrifying.' I found this gruesome book to have all of these attributes but also the author is a master of descripion of all kinds. He truly gets deeply into the minds of his characters too as we get to know them through their thoughts and memories; allowing allowing us as readers the chance to understand the probable 'whys and wherefores' for the actions of the evil serial killer and his assistant sidekick. A memorable book which had me hooked from the start. Time and time again I paused and read out loud pieces of his magnificent prose. Once I began reading I could not leave it until I finally finished it this morning. I did struggle with the main character and the plot did tend to drag a little towards the end but well worth a read. A definite word of warning in that if you are offended by crude/offensive language (I struggled with this too) there as an abundance of it throughout the book.

Hairy Bikers: Mums Know Best - Series One [DVD]
Hairy Bikers: Mums Know Best - Series One [DVD]
Offered by RCDiscs

4.0 out of 5 stars An enjoyable DVD., 29 July 2016
I enjoyed this DVD. It is full of fun and good recipes. Apart from being excellent cooks these two well known culinary cohorts are extremely entertaining and likeable celebrities. If they arrived near my home I would jump at the chance to go and watch them. They deserve their success.

Ainsworths 10 ml Mimulus Bach Flower Remedy
Ainsworths 10 ml Mimulus Bach Flower Remedy

4.0 out of 5 stars Happy buy., 29 July 2016
Happy with this flower remedy and may well buy more.

Where Or When
Where Or When

2.0 out of 5 stars Don't waste your time and money., 29 July 2016
This review is from: Where Or When (Kindle Edition)
I did not like this book at all. Usually I read to around 100 pages to at least give a book a chance for sometimes a slow beginning can develop into a good story. I stuck with this one and as it was a fairly short novel finished it quite quickly though I do admit I skipped through a fair number of pages pretty frequently; a bad habit of mine when a book bores me. I did not like the main characters at all. They come across as immoral, selfish and shallow and the continual self-preoccupied inner ramblings of Charles and his dismal background in particular bored me. The respective wife and husband so callously disregarded by the pair are almost non-existent in that we are told so little about them. The book moves forward and back between when the two main characters were fourteen and the present...on and on and on. Interspersed with this...to my mind the rather distasteful sex scenes take place betweem them too. I finished it but what a waste of my time and money. I will not be reading and further books from this author. I would add that this is a purely personal point of view as I am aware some readers love her books. I'm sorry; this book was not for me.

Soda Crystals - 1kg - The Original & Best Stain Remover
Soda Crystals - 1kg - The Original & Best Stain Remover
Offered by Dealsdirect247

5.0 out of 5 stars Useful and Effective for Many Uses., 24 July 2016
One of the old fashioned products that deserves a better press it has so many uses and is most effective.

New Look Curves Women's Brushed Long Sleeve Cardigan, Grey, 18
New Look Curves Women's Brushed Long Sleeve Cardigan, Grey, 18

4.0 out of 5 stars I like it, 24 July 2016
The material is a little itchy but otherwise a good and inexpensive buy for a style that is popular this summer.

Tears In Heaven
Tears In Heaven

5.0 out of 5 stars It touched my heart, 24 July 2016
This review is from: Tears In Heaven (MP3 Download)
What can I say that has not been already said. It touched my heart. If you know the background to this song you will understand why it was written.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-16