Profile for FG > Reviews

Content by FG

FG "FG" (Switzerland)

Fairy Snap (Usborne Snap Cards)
Fairy Snap (Usborne Snap Cards)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great first card game!, 29 Sept. 2010
I bought this game for my daughter last year and for one of her little friends 4th birthday. My daughter absolutely adores it. The illustrations are very very cute and very girlie with many little fairies to match.. christmas Fairy, Toothfairy, rainbow fairy, snowflake fairy, flower fairy, moonlight fairy.. every fairy has a different inllustration with beautiful colours. The cards are on the bigger side like others produced by the same brand. All over all we love this game and always come with us on holidays and it's played with on every occasion. A must have for every little girl!

Beyond Toddlerdom: Keeping five- to twelve- year-olds on the rails
Beyond Toddlerdom: Keeping five- to twelve- year-olds on the rails
by Dr Christopher Green

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good as expected, 21 Mar. 2010
I am a mother of 2 who already went through the "Toddler Taming" book of the same author. Since my older daughter is approaching her 5th birthday I decided to buy also this book. It's exactly what I was expecting: a very good book, well written with the usual good sense of humor of Dr Green. A very nice book to read and very good suggestion. I expect his suggestions to handle a 5+ will be as good and sounded as those of the "Toddler Taming".

What Fish?: A Buyer's Guide to Tropical Fish
What Fish?: A Buyer's Guide to Tropical Fish
by Team of Experts

2.0 out of 5 stars Def not recommanded, 21 Mar. 2010
First of all I would like to say that I am not an incredibly expert aquarist. I've had an aquarium for one and a half year but in this period of time I have done quite some reading a various level. In my opinion this book provide very little and too generic information even for me. Also, the variety of fishes reported in the book could be much much wider, even for a fresher like me. It was a flop!

Peppa Pig: The Official Annual 2010
Peppa Pig: The Official Annual 2010
by Ladybird

5.0 out of 5 stars a must buy!!, 7 Jan. 2010
This is a very good Annual. Padded hard cover, nice quality paper, loads and loads of games, puzzles, letters, drawings, coloring, mazes and more. The Annual feature some stories to read too and my girls (2 and 4) both loved them. It's woth mentioning that the stories reported in the annual are the same featuring in the Peppa Pig Christmas DVD: my girls loved the fact that they could "READ" the stories of the DVD and they would talk about what happens in the story and what is missing but not every child is the same so watch out! All over all a very VERY good value for money, we loved it every second.. I just hope next year there will be more pages as the 45 available were completed by the 3rd of January!!!! :)

Peppa Pig: Peppa's Christmas [Volume 7] [DVD]
Peppa Pig: Peppa's Christmas [Volume 7] [DVD]
Dvd ~ Andy Hamilton
Offered by DVD Overstocks

5.0 out of 5 stars Peppa!!!, 7 Jan. 2010
I bought this DVD for my girls aged 2 and 4 who watched some Peppa Pig last summer and they seam to like it.. oh well.. now they love it! It's hard to find something they both like as my older daughter is now interested in some "older" kind of TV than my younger girl would.. Well, this one kept both entertained for hours! They've watched it over and over and over and over again.. and yes..they can't talk about anything else now.. there's plenty of stories and only the first one is Christmas related. Given the great success of this DVD I also got them the Annual 2010 and they were delighted. It turned out some of the stories in the annual are actually the same stories of the DVD and I was a bit concerned about it but I needen't be. They loved the fact that they could read the stories of the dvd so this could be good news for some other kids too!

The Story of Christmas
The Story of Christmas
by Mary Packard
Edition: Calendar

5.0 out of 5 stars A MUST have for everyone with kids!! My girls A D O R E D it!, 7 Jan. 2010
This review is from: The Story of Christmas (Calendar)
I bought this Advent Calendar to introduce the story of Christmas to my 2 and 4 years old girls and I couldn't immagine how much they would have loved it. It was more succesful than the littlest pet shop and playmobil advent calendars! My girls were thrilled by the little booklets and they didn't want to read anything else before going to bed. Every day they wanted to know which one we would have taken out in the evening and before reading it they would spend a good 15 minutes peering through the pages and looking to the illustrations. Then they would listen carefully to the story and every day they would have many questions about it. Then of course they would fight in pure Christmas spirit to hang it on the tree! During the day they would go back to the old ones to look at the illustrations and to remember how the story goes.. When we put it away with all the decorations I was told "I can't wait for next year to read it again!!". PS we're not a religious family either!!!! The Calendar Itself open up and it's freestanding but can also be put up the wall. The books are very small (4 cartonate pages each) and comes in different shapes that when they're all in the Calendar they create some kind of Nativity Scene. You take them out one by one and they have a golden string to hang it on the tree... i think next year I'll take them all out to hang them on the tree and I'll have the girls to fetch the right "number" every evening to read it and then place it on the Scene.. so the 24th the Nativity Scene will be complete and I won't have to tide up all the books when I take down the Christmas decorations! The booklets are sweetly and simply illustrated in a way that (I assume) would appeal children. Also the stories are simply told with small phrases. All over all a captivating story that we all enjoied reading and gave a less commercial face to our Christmas. As far as I'm concerned It's a must have for anyone who's got kids and don't want Christmas to be only the "Santa-&-Presents" businnes! Highly recommanded!!

Sir 4/6 Yrs:Richard Scarry's Watch (Step Into Reading - Level 1 - Quality)
Sir 4/6 Yrs:Richard Scarry's Watch (Step Into Reading - Level 1 - Quality)
by Richard Scarry

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good!, 7 Jan. 2010
I bought this book for my Richard Scarry lovers and it have the double benefit of being appropriate as a reading for my 2 years old and for my 4 years old who just got interested into trying to read. Only two lines per page and the words are very clear and in big print. Perfect!!

The Snow Queen [DVD] [2005]
The Snow Queen [DVD] [2005]
Dvd ~ Pax Baldwin
Offered by A ENTERTAINMENT

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb!!, 24 Nov. 2009
This review is from: The Snow Queen [DVD] [2005] (DVD)
I bought this DVD as a "christmas theme Video" for my 4 years old daughter who loves the Snow Queen story. She absolutely adore this DVD and we're watching it over and over again. The fact that the story is explained mainly by pictures and music then with dialogue add to the charm. The soundtrack is fantastic. Brilliant movie, fantastic pictures. The lenght of the DVD it's on the "long" side but I can easely leave it in pause and the kids can't wait to watch the "second part" the day after..Def. a MUST HAVE.

Illustrated Stories for Girls
Illustrated Stories for Girls
by Various

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for a 3 to 5 years old, 24 Sept. 2009
I bought this book for my daughter when she was 3 because she was getting a bit bored with the usual album for little ones. These stories were the perfect lenght to read to a 3 years old and still gave her the pleasure of following a "proper big people story!". Each fairy tale is retold, sometimes with a modern twist and although I don't always love this kind of things I must admit the final result is quite nice and my daughter love them. In one year this book hasn't been put down one day. In fact it's been travelling with us everywhere. The illustrations are very girlie but also quite original, my daughter love to go through the pages and watch the illustrations and she can easely spend more than one hour like this every day retelling her favourite stories to her little sister (who really is not interested!). Of course by bed time she has a long list of stories she would like you to read and that's the only down side. I would higly recommand it to anyone with a girl this age.