Profile for Alan Lowes > Reviews

Content by Alan Lowes

Alan Lowes "loweslowb1g" (U.K)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Dell Inspiron 3000 Desktop - (Black) (Intel Pentium Processor, 8 GB RAM, 1 TB HDD, Intel HD On Boarding Graphics, Windows 10)

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 16 April 2017
Super fast and starts very fast as well easy to use once I got used to windows ten. One thing I have never been a fan of is vertical dvd players/recorders they feel and look very easy to brake . Other than that all is good.

SanDisk SDCZ50-128G-B35 128 GB Cruzer Blade USB 2.0 Flash Drive - Black ( Standard Packaging )

4.0 out of 5 stars did everything I wanted downloaded all my files from my ..., 16 April 2017
did everything I wanted downloaded all my files from my old computer and transferred them to my new compute no problem. I read in some reviews some people had problems with the security software but as I was only using it to transfer files I didn't use it. I don't know weather it was me or not but it didn't seam to let me know how much free space I had left but it did what I asked of it so no complaints would defiantly get another if I needed one .

Return To Ommadawn
Return To Ommadawn

5.0 out of 5 stars Mike Oldfield Full Circle, 22 Jan. 2017
This review is from: Return To Ommadawn (Audio CD)
My first mistake was to compare this to the original omadawn I awaited with anticipation for a big build-up to a finish but It didn’t com but what I did get was the reason I started buying his albums.
If I remember correctly Mike ask his fans on face book for suggestions on his next album and this is the result . For me Mike is back to what he dos best good 20 minute long pieces lovely acoustic melodies, not forgetting the African drums .
After accepting the absence of a build-up to the end I started to appreciate the quality of this work and the more I listen to it the better it sounds .
Since tubular bells mike has dabbled in many styles of music from pop to classic and on whole been successful , I have all his music and apart from one or two I like them all and play them regular but this album is what mike is all about . I challenge any popular musician out there to write and perform A 20 minute track on his/her own .
Will this attract new fans ? That remains to be seen but what it will do (if not already don ) is re kindle old flames and wake up some old fans out there he is back in fact in my book he never went away.
The headline Mike Oldfield full Circle could be an sub title to R.T.O as that is what he had don, and I’m more than willing to go round again with him I know I won’t be disappointed .

Tesco CCS-211P Cross Cut Shredder With 12L Waste Bin & Auto-Stop Function Black
Tesco CCS-211P Cross Cut Shredder With 12L Waste Bin & Auto-Stop Function Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 2 Nov. 2016
no complaints everything went to plan

Crises
Crises

5.0 out of 5 stars Well suprised a well impressed, 24 Aug. 2016
This review is from: Crises (Audio CD)
Arguably the best deluxe version seven bonus tracks on disk one admittedly if you’re an Oldfield addict like me you will already have some of them but there is also previously unreleased tracks as well.
I have to say I was well impressed with the second disc The crises 1983 tour that is worth the price by it’s self ,as always live tours put a twist on the music and what a twist it was.
I was curious how the live ending of side one of crises would end and it was brilliant if the drumming was just magnificent .If you haven’t got this get it!!! You wont regret it. I only wish Id got it when it was first released

Sanctuary II
Sanctuary II
Offered by Fulfillment Express

5.0 out of 5 stars this guy is good, 21 Jun. 2016
This review is from: Sanctuary II (Audio CD)
Every day at some point I take time out and listen to some music from Mike or Terry Oldfield ,Vangelis, , jean michel. Jarred ,Kitaro and Jeff Wane’s war of the worlds.I find it de stresses me and it’s darn good music.
For years I’ve been searching for someone to join those musicians then along came Robert Reed with Sanctuary I have listened to Robert Reed on facebook but when he released Sanctuary out of curiosity I bought it based on facebook post,and I liked it. It was in a similar vain to Mike Oldfield Rob admitted to being inspired my Mike.
Two years later Sanctuary 2 was released so without hesitation I bought it and I’m glad I did it’s every bit as good as Mike Oldfield in every way This guy is up there with 6 I listed at the top of this review in fact he’s up there with mike.
Mike has been my favourite all time musician but now I have two this guy is not a flash in the pan his vision in music has well impressed me and as of now if he makes an album I will buy it just like I do M.O.
Also the bonus cd is every bit as good as the main one ,can’t comment on the dvd as I haven’t got surround sound I wish I had.

stab can opener OLD FASHIONED PUSH IN TIN CAN OPENERS
stab can opener OLD FASHIONED PUSH IN TIN CAN OPENERS
Offered by Funky Gadgets

5.0 out of 5 stars flat pie tins are a perfect example. That's were this one stands alone OK ..., 4 Jun. 2016
There are certain tins that regular can openers just do not open they just do not cut deep enough into the tin, flat pie tins are a perfect example .
That's were this one stands alone OK you do get a jagged edge tin lid and the risk of cutting you're hand is increased but that can be avoided with a cloth over the tin when opening the can, but what you do get is a can opened it a fraction of the time and no repeated attempts to get going .
I still use a regular can opener but if it refuses to cut into the lid out comes this one and the jobs don without the frustration .

Tubular Beats
Tubular Beats

4.0 out of 5 stars It’s Mike Oldfield Jim but not as we know him., 28 July 2014
This review is from: Tubular Beats (Audio CD)
It’s Mike Oldfield Jim but not as we know him.
That’s what I’d say if I was Dr Spock I’ve looked at this many times and decided not to buy it after only hearing the odd track but eventually I found somewhere to hear the whole album only then was I convinced that it was worth buying .
This is not a remastered tubular bells far from it it’s basically an electronic dance remix of some of the old classic tracks from earlier albums that’s the best way I can describe it.
I’m not a fan of electronic music as a whole hence the long time deciding to buy this one but it is a surprisingly good album as you listen to it the remixed tracks you hear are instantly recognisable but nowhere near the original putting a now twist on the old classics which are good to listen to.
I personally like it but I still strongly recommend you listen to the whole album before you decide some Oldfield Fans may say it’s a remix to far.
You will find it on you tube just type in Mike Oldfield Tubular Beats
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 14, 2015 1:48 PM BST

Man On The Rocks
Man On The Rocks
Offered by skyvo-direct

5.0 out of 5 stars Mike’s back with a bright and breezy album that should not be shunned by the radio, 5 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Man On The Rocks (Audio CD)
Just been listening to Mike Oldfield’s man on the rocks it’s a darn good album brilliant guitar played as only mike can and a good singer by the name of Luke Spiller Mike has a way of picking the right singer for the type of music and he’s certainly picked the right singer for this album.
Not listened to the instrumental version yet but if the guitar work on the vocal version is anything to go by I’m in for a treat.
Mike has been the only musician I have stuck with from day one and if he keeps releasing quality music like this I will always be buying it, his music always varies but his signature style always comes through, out of all his albums I can only think of two that was disappointing heavens open, and earth moving , and the title tracks for them were good songs.
To sum up a good radio friendly album but still has the Mike style and should get in the top ten album charts and the deluxe version has the instrumental version which is never bad.

Across The Universe
Across The Universe

5.0 out of 5 stars unwind with terry oldfield, 21 Jun. 2012
This review is from: Across The Universe (Audio CD)
Soooo relaxing after a stressful day at work get on you're own listen to this album for around an hour and all the tensions of the day will be gone a beautiful blend of music and vocals and the children's quire adds just a tingle in the back of you're neck I have to say this album reminds me of turning point the very first Terry Oldfield album I bought and have bought many more since

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4