Profile for C C WRIGHT > Reviews

C C WRIGHT

We Are Still Here
We Are Still Here

1.0 out of 5 stars If I had a time machine thata I could use ..., 23 Mar. 2016
This review is from: We Are Still Here (Amazon Video)
If I had a time machine thata I could use only once, I would prioritise preventing myself watching this film over killing Hitler.

Upstream Color
Upstream Color

2.0 out of 5 stars nicely shot, fairly well-acted, 13 Jun. 2015
This review is from: Upstream Color (Amazon Video)
An interesting premise, nicely shot, fairly well-acted, but ultimately boring and pretentious. I am sure it will find its audience, and if you like arthouse cinema that is short on exposition and dialogue, but heavy on imagery and suggestion, you will like this. It reminded me of Under the Skin, but I enjoyed that one slightly more. There's no avoiding the fact that most viewers will find this perplexing and dull, which doesn't necessarily make it a bad film, just not one that I can recommend without a lot of reservation.

Coherence
Coherence
Dvd

4.0 out of 5 stars A nice low-budget sci-fi film that maybe falls short of its ..., 12 Jun. 2015
This review is from: Coherence (Amazon Video)
A nice low-budget sci-fi film that maybe falls short of its ambitions slightly but is still a good way to pass a wet afternoon. The first forty-five minutes will be spent struggling to follow the characters' interactions with each other and trying to piece together their back stories. This will make sense by the end and the pay off is worth it, even if the ending does feel a little rushed and tacked on. Ignore any one-star review from people who didn't have the concentration span to watch the whole film.

3 Mf112 17153 Bb Ready-to-go Dongle(12gb)
3 Mf112 17153 Bb Ready-to-go Dongle(12gb)

5.0 out of 5 stars Up and running in minutes - fast connection, 2 Sept. 2013
I'm using Windows 7 and this installed automatically with no messing about. There's a link to a website that shows you how much data usage you have left and the connection appears to be really fast.

ASRock 775 G31M-GS R2.0 Motherboard Intel Socket M-ATX 1333FSB
ASRock 775 G31M-GS R2.0 Motherboard Intel Socket M-ATX 1333FSB

2.0 out of 5 stars CMOS settings not saving, 30 Mar. 2013
I was impressed with this motherboard for features and ease of installation, but after a few weeks the CMOS settings are not being saved and I have to reset the date every time the power is disconnected. Doesn't seem to be a problem with the battery, as I have tried another battery and it still does it. If it wasn't for this probkem, I would give it a four or five star.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 16, 2014 3:04 PM GMT

Akasa AK-CCE-7102EP CPU Cooler Intel LGA775 and LGA1156
Akasa AK-CCE-7102EP CPU Cooler Intel LGA775 and LGA1156

5.0 out of 5 stars No problems with installation - good price and quick delivery, 30 Mar. 2013
I have been able to revive my old Core 2 Duo with this so I am happy with this purchase.

Sapphire 11202-05-20G HD7750 1GB GDDR5 OC Graphics Card
Sapphire 11202-05-20G HD7750 1GB GDDR5 OC Graphics Card

1.0 out of 5 stars Problems straight out of the box - returned and refunded, 30 Mar. 2013
First time I fired this up - no picture at all. I took it out and re-installed it, for some reason it worked second time round.

Using the latest drivers from the AMD site, I tried running 3DMark03 and 3DMark06 as a gentle warm before I starting trying to run the latest games. It did not complete a single run through on either without crashing (windows reported driver issues). I tried the drivers on the CD that came with it - same problem. I noticed on the Windows desktop that the colour black was not being rendered properly (it was flickering between blue/black).

It went straight back in the box and I got my refund.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Not cheap but good, 30 Mar. 2013
This makes a fantastic addition to home made breads and other baked food. I have started adding it to my pancakes and porridge. I found it supplements carbs (i.e. flour and oats) rather than substituting them completely. If you are using this to make bread and cakes, you can partially replace the amount of flour you use, but it will take some experimenting until you get the proportion right.

If you want to boost your protein intake, adding this to your recipes is a good way to do it.

Salter Ultra Slim Glass Electronic Digital Bathroom Scale - Teal
Salter Ultra Slim Glass Electronic Digital Bathroom Scale - Teal

4.0 out of 5 stars Does what it is supposed to, 30 Mar. 2013
You stand on the scales, they tell you how much you weigh.

Sometimes the weight reported will vary depending on how level the floor is. I have found that the first reading usually adds between 0.5 - 1kg, so I give it a few goes until it is consistent.