Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Learn more Click Here Shop Kindle Learn More Shop now Shop Now Learn more Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now
Profile for johnfolga > Reviews

Content by johnfolga

johnfolga (Yorkshire)

Windows 10: The New 2017 Updated User Guide to Learn Microsoft Windows 10  (tips and tricks, user manual,  2017 updated user guide) (windows,guide,general,all,new,user)
Windows 10: The New 2017 Updated User Guide to Learn Microsoft Windows 10 (tips and tricks, user manual, 2017 updated user guide) (windows,guide,general,all,new,user)

2.0 out of 5 stars Not what I expected, 30 May 2017
Not what I was expecting i.e. a book that would provide step by step instructions to do the tasks. Instead it seems to discuss the features of Windows 10 and assume you have already grasped the way to do things in previous versions by telling you what improvements come with Windows 10. I think some people could find that useful.
Glad I only bought the Kindle edition at £2.45. I cannot say it does what it says on the tin.
I have since bought an alternative at £2.60 for the Kindle edition and my first reaction is it is precisely what I want with the step by step instructions I was seeking. I might eventually find it too simplistic but I doubt it, but it does cover subjects that the former book has not covered, which I am sure I will find useful.

VonShef Dough Scraper, Professional Stainless Steel - Cutter Pastry Slicer with Measuring Guide
Offered by DOMU UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Very pleased with purchase, 5 Feb. 2017
Received quickly and as description - not used much so far but will obviously do a good job at a very reasonable price even including P&P. Very sharp so will need to use a work surface protector. Useful cardboard sleeve to keep safely in a drawer. Recommended.

Cables UK POWER MAINS CABLE WHITE LEAD 5 metre 5m FIGURE 8 fig8 C7 for DVD PRINTER SKY
Offered by Consoletronic Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars First class product and excellent service, 31 Oct. 2016
Speedy delivery and article is as described. Required for my Bose Soundtouch system because the supplied lead was not long enough. Being white it is very discreet in my dining room and is virtually unnoticeable . Can recommend the product and supplier.

Brieftons QuickPull Food Chopper: Powerful Manual HandHeld Chopper/Mixer/Blender, 950 ml, With 3 Recipe Ebooks

5.0 out of 5 stars Remarkably good product., 31 Oct. 2016
Surprisingly effective and well worth the money. I have used it to chop onions very finely ready for my soup maker and also for nuts for my Christmas cakes without problem but in every case I have been careful to chop the items into small manageable pieces to make it easier for the chopper to do its job. Not difficult to clean but, as directed, do not put the top corded portion into water.
A Very useful addition to my kitchen gadgets and can recommend both the product and the supplier.

Favourite Welsh Male Voice Choirs
Favourite Welsh Male Voice Choirs

5.0 out of 5 stars Great CD played many times., 31 Oct. 2016
I bought this as a 'used' CD but it was in mint condition and even with P&P was a snip. I am not Welsh, I do not belong to a choir and nor can I sing but I love this CD. I do not think I have played any of my CDs as often as this one. There are a couple of tracks that are not to my taste but the remainder are excellent. A soloist on several tracks is a joy to listen to as well as the organ. Many of the tracks have a spiritual connection and are very soothing and relaxing.
Worth the money just for Myfanwy. I am looking for more CDs of this genre but they will have to be good to match this one.

Jazooli 1g - 5KG Digital LCD Electronic Kitchen Household Weighing Food Cooking Scales - Red
Offered by Jazooli

5.0 out of 5 stars Great scales at an unbelievable price., 31 Oct. 2016
I am very pleased with the scales. They arrived well packaged very quickly. They are very easy to use once you have got used to the tare feature - although that takes no time at all. The tare feature proved very useful when preparing Christmas cakes after receiving the scales saving a lot of washing up because multiple ingredients can be added to one container. It is very reassuring to know you are correct to a gram or an ounce which is much better than the read-out on my older scales. I am pleased to say that the scales came with batteries though the description states batteries are not included but they are cheap enough to buy if needed. But nice to get started straightaway.
They are small and easy to store but as one reviewer mentioned, their small size means you might not be able to see the readout if using a large based bowl for example. Can recommend supplier and product.

NoCry Cut Resistant Gloves - High Performance Level 5 Protection, Food Grade. Size Medium, Free Ebook Included!
Offered by NoCry Safety Gear EU

4.0 out of 5 stars Very pleased with the gloves, 14 Sept. 2016
Only used the gloves once but have just received them for use with a mandolin and on that occasion felt more confident than I would have done otherwise.
However as many users have said you cannot be complacent and NoCry rightly point out that the they are not invincible. I have restricted my rating to 4 stars only because I have only used them once but I have no intentions of using the mandolin without them and have no doubt they will justify 5 stars.

Many users have commented on the gloves being smaller than expected. My size appeared from the size chart to be small but I thought I should order the Medium and I am glad I did - even then they were just a decent fit but I hope they will stretch with use.. There seems little risk of them being a loose fir - even the mediums are a close fit.

I feel I can recommend them and it is clear from the follow up from the suppliers that they are keen to satisfy their customers so 5* for their policy.

Invision Ultra Slim TV Wall Mount Bracket with 20 Inch Cantilever Arm/1.8-Inch Wall Profile Tilt and Swivel for Most 26 - 42 Inch LED LCD Plasma 3D & 4K Screens (HDTV-M)
Offered by Invision Technology (UK) Limited

5.0 out of 5 stars Very pleased with this bracket, 4 Sept. 2012
Used to mount a 37" LG TV (Vesa 200mm x 200mm)on a wall in a conservatory - typically like a chimney breast. It was fixed on top of plasterboard which had been stuck to concrete blocks (aka breeze blocks) underneath. The slight gap between plasterboard and concrete block had been re-inforced with adhesive to avoid the gap in anticipation of fixing a bracket.

It arrived within 24hrs by courier and was very well packed. Instructions were basic but adequate if read several times to understand some of the finer points before commencing e.g. decide which bolts are necessary to couple the TV to the brackets and which spacer washers to use as there are two lengths supplied and there are options as to where to place them (above or below the mounting plate. Your TV manual might provide information on the size of bolts to be used, but in my case it was obvious after removing the dummy screws on the back of the TV.

Remember to protect your TV screen with a soft cloth/pad while it is face down on the table/floor etc.

A simple small open ended spanner is provided but I used a ring spanner which was less fiddly.

The bracket is fixed to the wall with 3 coach screws and in my case I carefully followed the instructions to drill the holes deep enough to ensure the wall plugs are right in the holes in the concrete blocks and beneath the plasterboard to give a stronger job and avoid cracking the plaster.

I suggest you drill the middle hole first to get the bracket vertical and then drill the other holes above and below. Concrete blocks are susceptible to the drill running off centre so care is needed at this stage - a smaller pilot hole will help. I also slightly enlarged the top and bottom holes to allow slight vertical adjustment of the bracket.

The TV was perfectly level and there was then no need to use the adjusting facility which is actually a very useful feature of this bracket.

It is easy to centre the TV on the wall (in the closed to wall position) but you will need to fix the main bracket off centre by about 125mm - all will be obvious when you open it up. Just do not be tempted to fit the main bracket in the centre of the wall.

I therefore have no hesitation in recommeding this bracket. It deserves 5 stars.

Garmin Nuvi 1490T 5" Sat Nav with Europe Maps and Lifetime Traffic Alerts (discountinued by manufacturer)

4.0 out of 5 stars Well pleased so far, 18 Aug. 2011
Bought the nuvi 1490T late July after browsing the many reviews, most of which were positive. Not used much on motorways yet but it looks promising. I took it with me on a coach tour in the UK which was a very useful exercise in being able to see how the various views appear on the screen e.g. Lane Assist, road speeds etc and was very impressed at reception in the middle of the coach; rarely lost satellite reception. I turned the satnav to mute to avoid any annoyance.

Despite opinions to the contrary, I have found the power cable for this 'Traffic' version no problem at all in my Citroen Picasso - the cable is quite limp and seems to mould to the contours of the dashboard quite well. Compares favourably with my older StreetPilot which had a thinner but stiffer cable. I suggest you are not put off by those adverse comments.

I have found Garmin support very good with reasonably prompt and very helpful replies to my queries before and after purchase.

Note though that safety camera alerts require an annual subscription but Garmin offer a free trial if required. Not tried.

There are reviews on map updates pointing out that every map update is a larger file size and requires more space on the satnav - this is because the revised data requires more space. The solution is to ignore updates for countries not required and/or add a micro SDHC card (max 4Gb). I have since bought the lifetime update card from Amazon but have not used it yet, similarly I have not downloaded the latest maps which are available as part of the purhase price of the satnav. I have 90 days from registration to do this. Therefore I have no experience of the process but Garmin have supplied instructions which seem straightforward. Several reviews do mention problems of downloading with slow internet speeds so this should be considered.

I have also downloaded a free city Xplorer map which Garmin are offering until 31 August 2011. Time is running out for this freebie.

I have also bought the Garmin Travel pack which included case and mains charger. The case, as most reviews say, is an excellent accessory although the satnav must be removed from the case whilst in use in the car if connected to the car's power supply and/or mounted in the cradle, or being charged using either the supplied USB cable or the mains charger. I doubt if I will need the mains charger as the satnav normally needs to be connected to the PC when accessing the Garmin site for downloads and updates and charging takes place at the same time. Otherwise it can be connected to the PC by USB and run in the background at any time.

Also bought a cheap camera gadget back to keep everything in one place.

The actual naming of roads verbally is excellent and the voice seems better than my old satnav.

As to be expected, Amazon provided excellent service in dealing with my order with prompt delivery.

Can only safely give it 4 stars until I have had more experience on the road.

LUPO Black with Orange Inside Netbook Neoprene Pouch Case Sleeve - Fits up to 10.2 Inch Netbooks + Apple Ipad

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value netbook case, 18 Aug. 2011
Very pleased with service from dealer and the product. Some reviews for the same Lupo case in other colours have mentioned the smell - this soon wears off and so far as I am concerned it was not unpleasant. Fits my Samsung N150 Plus netbook comfortably. Very pleased all round.