Profile for Reader > Reviews

Content by Reader

Reader

Easylife iPhone 4 4s Waterproof Case iPhone 4 4s Case Cover Waterproof Dirtproof Snowproof Shockproof Skin Hard Phone Shell with Rugged Protection Waterproof Iphone 4 Case Waterproof Iphone 4 Cover Underwater Case Protection Case Shockproof Case Waterproof Phone Case Waterproof Cases For Phones Iphone 4s Cover Iphone 4s Case for Apple iPhone 4 4s (Orange)

4.0 out of 5 stars Seems great but time will tell., 13 Aug. 2015
I always struggle to get the right phone case. I work outdoors and have a pretty rough and tumble life so a tough and durable phone case is really important. In the past I used the Griffon Survivor case and while it was extremely tough the case doubles the size and weight of the phone and you could not swipe up from the lock screen to access useful stuff like the torch.
I have bought 2 cases that claimed do be genuine Life Proof cases but turned out to be Chinese knock offs. One case did not even fit the phone and in the other the screen protector became opaque in a few weeks. Plus any call was so muffled that I had to remove it to make or receive a call.
Pros:
-This easy life case fits the phone really well with no gapping so the touch screen is really responsive
-It seems pretty shock proof, I have dropped it a few times with no ill effects
- Caller can hear my voice although it is a little quiet and I do have to open the plug that covers the charger socket to be heard
- It seems to be made from high quality plastics and components
-Nice and sleek

Cons:
- The mute button on the case does not work (tho this can be worked around so I don't care)
-The home button cover is quite stiff and I am worried I will press too hard and break the button as I did with a old Ipod touch I owned.

I will update this review in a few months to see if the screen protector has stood up to the punishment of my pocket.
I have not tested it for water proofness as I have no intention of swimming with it!

Dreadnought: Britain, Germany and the Coming of the Great War
Dreadnought: Britain, Germany and the Coming of the Great War

4.0 out of 5 stars like its namesake this book is massive heavy and powerful, 15 April 2014
A detailed history of the build up to WWI focusing on all the main personalities. A sort of biographic history from Bismarck to Ramsey MacDonald. Great bouncy style kept things interesting but you would have to read this on kindle or similar as it would be too big to carry around and read!

The War of the Worlds Murder (Disaster Series)
The War of the Worlds Murder (Disaster Series)

1.0 out of 5 stars Badly written, no murder till half way through the book, boring, 12 Mar. 2013
So, read the blurb and loved the concept. I am a sucker for a historical novels of any type and murder mystery ones are particularly good fun. So I start reading the prologue...which goes on and on and i realise that it is simply a self aggrandising tale of his development as a mystery writer and has nothing at all to do with the story. I skip a few pages and start at the start...and read and read and read...i am 50% of the way through and no one has been murdered yet! surely the basic premise of any murder mystery IS A MURDER or at least a mysterious death of some kind. So it is not a murder mystery but in fact it is turning out to be a very dull account of the creation of Orson Wells famous broadcast of the War of the Worlds...no murder!

In addition to the moribund writing style i.e. 'stepping onto a car otherwise empty but for a young elevator attendant'(so you're saying the elevator was not actually empty then?

The 'history' instead of being woven into the fabric of the story it is delivered in chunks of italics every few chapters...paragraphs about the cotton club, about Orson wells early life, about prohibition all seemingly lifted from wikipidia and dropped unedited into the book to fill it out.

Utter rubbish I wont be finishing it

An Agent of Deceit (The Ben Webster Spy Series Book 2)
An Agent of Deceit (The Ben Webster Spy Series Book 2)

2.0 out of 5 stars It's just a bit dull, 23 Feb. 2013
The writer clearly knowns his stuff about international money laundering and also knowns Berlin, Moscow and London really well but it doesn't make for exciting reading.

Light My Fire Spork Titanium
Light My Fire Spork Titanium
Offered by General Stores Online

2.0 out of 5 stars It just doesn't feel right!, 25 Oct. 2012
I love the spork design and have owned at least 3 of the red polycarbonate ones. When my last one broke (it can happen, I was using it a a lever and not a fork or a spoon)I thought mmmmm maybe its time for some shiny light weight titanium eating action...the robocop of utensils if you will...(something that will function as a lever, tyre iron, spear head, leaf spring etc)..I got my titanium spork and despite the fact that it is exactly the same dimensions as the plastic one it feel all wrong in the hand. Its hard edges dug into my hand and it did not seem nice to put it ion my mouth. I will go back to the polycarbonate ones and leave the titanium for those that want it.

Smoked Paprika (hot) 70g D.O.P. La Chinata - Pimenton THE VERY BEST
Smoked Paprika (hot) 70g D.O.P. La Chinata - Pimenton THE VERY BEST
Offered by BANEX

1.0 out of 5 stars Do not waste your money, 18 Jun. 2012
This lovely La Chinata smoked paprika is available from big Sainsburies for £1.75 for a 70gramme tin. look fro it in the posh foods of the world section
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 8, 2012 11:04 AM BST

New Trent iTorch IMP52D 5200mAh External Battery Charger for The NEW iPad the 3rd Gen ipad, iPad2, iPhone 5 4S 4 3Gs 3G, iPod Touch (1G to 5G), Android (Samsung Galaxy Note S S2 S3, HTC Sensation EVO Thunderbolt, LG Optimus V), Blackberry (Bold curve Torch), Droid(Motorola Razr), Plus Major Tablet PCs with 5V input (Samsung, Blackberry, HTC) with LED flash light and laser pointer (Improved version: 15% smaller and at 5200mAh capacity compared to IMP50B)

4.0 out of 5 stars Review follows 1 month of real use, 22 Jan. 2012
I bought the new trent battery pack a couple of months ago but delayed reviewing it until i had actually used it for decent period of time. I bought the battery pack as a cheaper more efficient alternative to a solar charger for charging my Ipod Touch. I was going to Thailand for 2 weeks and staying on an island which only had electricity from 6pm to 10 pm.

I found the battery pack would recharge my Ipod touch 3 times before it needed recharging itself. I primarily used the Ipod for reading kindle books and I was doing allot of reading so I needed to charge the Ipod at least once a day sometimes twice. The only problem I had was that the mains electricity was rather sluggish and the 4 hour charging window was not enough to fully charge the battery pack however with a bit of careful management I nearly always had sufficient battery power for my needs.

The battery pack also proved useful on the aeroplane when the in-flight entertainment crashed and i needed to be entertained for 5 hours (well beyond the normal battery life).

The selection of cable and adaptors was helpful tho it did not include an Ipod compatible plug.

I will certainly be taking the battery pack away for the weekend with me as it provides and easy and convenient way of recharging. I also felt happier leaving the battery pack charging in my dodgy hotel room when i was out rather than the precious Ipod.

A great device but only really necessary because apple are incapable of making a decent battery!