Profile for M. Aldred > Reviews

Content by M. Aldred

M. Aldred

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9
The Dummy Line (A Jake Crosby Thriller Book 1)
The Dummy Line (A Jake Crosby Thriller Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars I really enjoyed this one, 27 Dec. 2014
I really enjoyed this one, I really like Bobby Coles' writing style. A real page turner, you want the ending to be a happy one, but you know it might not be. This is a book you might want to give a go, keep a few quid saved because you will want to find the rest of his books when you are finished.

Brothers of the Blade: vol 6 (Sergeant 'Fancy Jack' Crossman)
Brothers of the Blade: vol 6 (Sergeant 'Fancy Jack' Crossman)

3.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyed all of these stories, 27 Dec. 2014
Sharpe with a different character name. Enjoyed all of these stories, but they have a short lifespan in my memory banks.

Attack on the Redan (Sergeant 'Fancy Jack' Crossman Book 5)
Attack on the Redan (Sergeant 'Fancy Jack' Crossman Book 5)

3.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyed all of these stories, 27 Dec. 2014

The Winter Soldiers: Sergent Jack Crossman and the Attack on Kertch Harbour (Sergeant 'Fancy Jack' Crossman Book 4)

3.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyed all of these stories, 27 Dec. 2014

White Heat (The Edie Kiglatuk Arctic Crime Series Book 1)
White Heat (The Edie Kiglatuk Arctic Crime Series Book 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars ... having a clue what it was about and really enjoyed the story and the characters, 27 Dec. 2014
This was a book I bought not having a clue what it was about and really enjoyed the story and the characters. The author describes these people and customs in a way which a layman might enjoy, ie not massive detail but enough. I dont know if Mc|Grath has lived in the Artic Circle but he paints a vivid picture. I also think he really likes his characters and you can tell this in his writing. Good twist at the end you cant beat it!!

The Splintered Kingdom (The Conquest Book 2)
The Splintered Kingdom (The Conquest Book 2)

4.0 out of 5 stars mmmm another main character I didnt really like, in some respects I hoped he would cop ..., 27 Dec. 2014
mmmm another main character I didnt really like, in some respects I hoped he would cop it, but a good story you cant beat a bit swords and brutality. I hate the Normans, being from old English stock, I do have to say this haha

Traitor's Blade: The Greatcoats Book 1
Traitor's Blade: The Greatcoats Book 1

4.0 out of 5 stars good story, interesting setting, 27 Dec. 2014
Another fantasy book of worth, good story, interesting setting. My only gripe id the main character is a bit of a pain in the preverbial. His companions are quite funny. As per for me I will read the next story in the series, my interest in piqued.

Red Country: A First Law Novel (World Of The First Law Series Book 3)
Red Country: A First Law Novel (World Of The First Law Series Book 3)

5.0 out of 5 stars He is brilliant, he has delivered time after time, 27 Dec. 2014
Joe Abercrombie is in my top 5 of authors. He is brilliant, he has delivered time after time. All his books have a very dark humour and genuine laugh out loud moments. I never give story details, but a certain favourite character from previous books makes a welcome return.

Sunset Overdrive (Xbox One)
Sunset Overdrive (Xbox One)
Offered by AAA Toys

4.0 out of 5 stars Great game really shows off what the Xbox one has ..., 27 Dec. 2014
Great game really shows off what the Xbox one has above the 360. This is the type of game where you can put it on and play for an hour and have a good laugh playing. Its not a real life eater like Skyrim or Assassins Creed type games. The game has humour by the bucket load and made me laugh lots of times whilst playing. One very small criticism it never stops you have to be on the move constantly, I do like a game where I can take a breather for a minute or two, apart from that its a cracker.

Assault Troopers (Extinction Wars Book 1)
Assault Troopers (Extinction Wars Book 1)

3.0 out of 5 stars good concept and story but again a basic story, 27 Dec. 2014
This is another interesting one, good concept and story but again a basic story. I like the main character a bit of a maverick, but someone who cares. I have got number 2 and again I will give it a go.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9