Profile for Jane H > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Daylight Company Natural Light DN1310 1 W LED Recharegable Lamp, White
Daylight Company Natural Light DN1310 1 W LED Recharegable Lamp, White

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm very glad I bought this lamp, 1 Mar. 2016
Excellent lamp. It was smaller than I expected but just perfect for using as a specific light source when I do cross stitch, colouring books or just reading. The best part of course is that there are no electrical leads so I can move it around wherever. I love the way the light bar folds down so you can have a slim upright item that takes up little space when it's not in use and the three levels of brightness give a good range of light levels. It took a little while to arrive from date of order but I believe it came from either China or Hong Kong. In any case it arrived well before the estimated date given (3 weeks before). Highly recommend it. Oh and there was charge already in the lamp so I could use it straight away (it comes with its charging lead obviously and the charging lead has a USB plug at the end not a mains plug).

Pink Ostrich Leather Look Designer Ladies Tote Bag Women Handbag
Pink Ostrich Leather Look Designer Ladies Tote Bag Women Handbag

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely, quality looking bag, 13 Sept. 2015
This is one of those "good buys". The colour is very accurate, it is a generously proportioned bag that opens widely to be able to see and access the contents. The internal standard side zipped pocket is supplemented by a central zipped pocket as well as 2 different width mobile phone pockets. It has gained some admiring comments and I am really pleased that I bought it. I believe there are various colours in this range and I'd be happy to buy more in other colours.

8 Pairs Ladies Leg Life Footsies Natural
8 Pairs Ladies Leg Life Footsies Natural
Offered by Undercover Hosiery & Lingerie

2.0 out of 5 stars Come up the foot too far, 13 Sept. 2015
The denier of these footsies is lovely and fine and they are very comfortable on the foot (I am a standard, average width, UK size 6/Eur 39). However...I wanted these to wear with a new pair of loafer/moccasin style leather shoes with a front that comes up the foot the same distance as the image shown on the pack of footsies. These footsies are only suitable to wear under trainers or other similar full fronted shoe/boot since they naturally settle on your foot right up to the bend between leg and instep. They feel nice but look naff if wearing with a court shoe or similar.

Designer Leather Look Ladies Crossbody Bag Women Handbag
Designer Leather Look Ladies Crossbody Bag Women Handbag
Offered by Milan Fashion Handbags

3.0 out of 5 stars Colour depiction not accurate, 3 Aug. 2015
VERY disappointed with the colour. The photo shows a beautiful coral. The reality is it is red. The handbag as a bag is just what I wanted. Not big but just enough to hold purse, comb, notebook, pen etc. Since I like red I decided not to return it but be aware it is definitely not the colour shown in the photo.

The Cloud Of Unknowing
The Cloud Of Unknowing

2.0 out of 5 stars Failure in Kindle format, 8 Jun. 2015
Very disappointed with the transcription into ebook/kindle version. I owned the printed Cloud many years ago (sadly no longer have it) so I was keen to add it to my Kindle library. Whilst the content may be the same, what lets this down completely is the frequent omission of spaces between words. This makes it impossible to read with any pleasure or concentration on the content because you find yourself pausing in most sentences, puzzled at the apparent new word youve just read. Not a new word but a running together of two words. I have returned this for a refund and would advise anyone to avoid the Kindle version and stick with the printed format.

Gtech AirRam Cordless Vacuum Cleaner
Gtech AirRam Cordless Vacuum Cleaner
Offered by AURORA NW LIMITED

5.0 out of 5 stars It is brilliant., 13 Mar. 2015
This is the best bit of housework kit I've had. It arrives in a very well designed and packed box. So simple to put together - the top half of the upright clicks easily into the base. There is a small amount of charge in the battery to enable you to have a quick go immediately. The battery is beautifully slim and clicks easily in place at the back of the upright handle. You can leave it in place to charge it up from the mains with the lead provided or if it is more convenient to move the battery to a charging station then it is dead easy to unclip the battery. But the real joy is the vacuuming job that it does. I have a small dog and dogs always seem to bring in bits of grit, dried bits of leaf, general detritus on their paws. Well a quick whizz round with this lightweight beauty and my very pale stone coloured carpets look fresh and lovely. It is so easy and light that I don't mind getting it out a couple of times a day if necessary. Just bliss. And you don't need to keep emptying the little dust capsules. After the first vacuuming I thought I'd have to empty it but, no, there was still masses of space and no loss of suction so that it could be left for a further several cleans. Buy it, buy it, buy it.

Just one proviso. It obviously doesn't have any nozzle extensions (I know they are now advertising the extra hand held gizmo to go with the system) so I have kept my Miele cylinder vacuum to use maybe once a month if I want to do deeper cleaning, behind furniture, up the curtains, etc. But my clunky, heavy and ineffective Dyson is going down to the tip next week.

Kindle Paperwhite (6th generation), 6" High Resolution Display (212 ppi) with Built-in Light, Wi-Fi

2.0 out of 5 stars Not worth it - if you are an existing Kindle user with previous models, 1 Sept. 2014
Having seen the TV adverts and spotting this on a summer offer of £20 reduction in price, I decided to buy this as an upgrade Kindle over my keyboard Kindle I have had for 3/4 years. I wish I hadn't wasted my money. I have no real need to adjust the brightness on my Kindle so that facility is of minor interest for me. The negatives for me are based on the principle of "if it ain't broke don't fix it". Making all the operation actions via a touch screen create unnecessarily cumbersome processes compared with the original keyboard version. In particular, I find the page turning irritating. The screen is so sensitive to touch that you can inadvertently find yourself turning pages backwards or forwards while simply switching the kindle from one hand to another. I used it for a few days and got so fed up that I happily and readily returned to my original kindle where I shall remain for a long time. Knowing that a "techy" relative was considering getting a Paperwhite I offered it to him. He'd already bought one and I was reassured to find that he too experienced the same frustrations over this "improved" version of kindle. So, it goes in the drawer until I figure out what to do with it.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 2, 2014 1:41 PM BST

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars FAB YOU LUSS (for all Strictly fans), 16 Jan. 2014
Having just purchased a new Samsung Ultrabook, I was looking for a suitable bag in which to house and carry it plus my Samsung tablet - main requirement that it be cheap. Huh! Then I spotted this beautiful bag. It is every bit as quality and gorgeous as it appears in the picture. I have been able to comfortably put my Kindle, tablet, ultrabook (13") and iPhone in the various pockets and there is still space to hold papers, pens, notes, etc. It just oozes quality and will last for years, only getting better with time I imagine. I don't for one minute regret spending what is a large sum of money. It is yummy. Oh and the chrome studs on the base just add to its quality by making the bag stable when you stand it down and also providing protection from scuff marks. Thrilled with it in case you hadn't got the message. Oh, and delivery was in double quick time.

PET STROLLER, PUSHCHAIR FOR PETS IN RED COLOUR, all in one pet stroller, pet carrier, dog car seat
Offered by VALENTINA VALENTTI

3.0 out of 5 stars Good points bad points, 24 Aug. 2013
I really would like to leave a mix of star ratings (high to low) to cover different aspects of this stroller. Hence my mid point of 3 stars.

The main downside for me is the height of the handle combined with the width of the rear axle. I am 5' 6" so in my trainers for dog walking that would mean I stand at about 5' 7". The height of the handle bar is about two to three inches too low to be comfortable at my height and makes for uncomfortable pushing. The handle is also quite vertical rather than leaning back at an angle that would keep your body at a better distance from the rear wheels. I have been used to a Pet Gear AT3 stroller (that partic model is not made any more) and your feet are nowhere near the rear axle as you walk. In this stroller I kept touching the axle and worse, because the axle is so narrow, my feet kept stepping on the brakes (a small red lever on the inside of each of the rear wheels) so rather than being able to stride out on my walk I was having to constantly be aware of where I was placing my feet. This took from the enjoyment of the whole trip. The stroller is also not easy to push over grass.

The upsides are:

It is very easy to put together;
My dog (8.5Kg miniature poodle) took took to it fine - although he is already used to the AT3 stroller over the past 5 years;
The variety of pockets is useful as is the tray on the handle;
The ease of removing the carrier from the stand to put it into the car as a pet carrier is great;
The frame folds down neatly and can be placed in the passenger foot well behind my driver's seat (I drive a 3 door Fiat Punto.

On balance I wish I hadn't purchased this stroller. Having taken it out on the pavement for a test run, though, I can't return it. I have already researched and now ordered what I believe will be a stroller much better suited to my and my dog's requirements (the Doggy Ride Mini Stroller). If I ever took up bicycling then this would double as a bike trailer. There are some really YouTube videos of the mini stroller and its bigger versions in action.

To my mind the three in one is suited to a shorter person who wants to be able to take a short walk to the nearest vet or take their small dog into a shopping centre rather than leave the dog in the car.

Glitter Pet Tag Green Paw Print Design 26mm S/Steel From Melian - MESSAGE US WITH TEXT REQUIRED
Offered by AJintheForest Trading Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Smashing little tags, 20 Aug. 2013
Excellent, bright, well inscribed tags. They (2) arrived very quickly, look excellent on my miniature poodle's collar and his harness and show 4 lines of information. My surname, 2 lines of address and mobile phone number. It is not a large tag but the engraving is clear to read.

I'd buy again if needed and would thoroughly recommend the seller and service. Well done.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3