Profile for Vassilis > Reviews

Content by Vassilis

Vassilis "radres" (Thessaloniki, Greece)

[2 in 1 Pack] Anker USB-C to Micro USB Adapter, Converts USB Type-C input to Micro USB, Uses 56K Resistor, Works with MacBook, ChromeBook Pixel, Nexus 5X, Nexus 6P, Nokia N1, OnePlus 2 and More
Offered by AnkerDirect

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent design and value, 7 Aug. 2016
Great small size. Absolute compatibility and conformity. Totally recommended at this nice price.

Pilot /namiki blue carbonesque capless vanishing point fountain pen fine
Pilot /namiki blue carbonesque capless vanishing point fountain pen fine
Offered by Creston

4.0 out of 5 stars A fine pen, but a bit large & heavy for everyday writing., 8 Nov. 2015
An overall great pen and a classic piece for any pen collection. I chose it mainly for its convenient cap-less design for daily use, and well it's larger and heavier than I expected and not that comfortable for heavy everyday on/off* writing. By on/off I mean I use my pen to sign here and there, scribble a few things, do something else, repeat. So that a classic pen with cap will remain exposed for sometimes long period of times, and that's why Namiki's design is so convenient. I wish I got used to it, but I find myself always going back to one of my lighter pens.

Panasonic DMC-GF5XEB-K Lumix G Compact System Camera with Interchangeable Lens - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, 19 Oct. 2013
Really great micro 4/3 camera system, in a very compact form factor, at an amazing price (got it for about 250 pounds). Overall very happy with picture quality. Being small, it is not a burden to have it always around when out- it fits in an old case for my Canon G9! Of course, everyone who loves great photos must invest some time editing his pictures, no matter what the camera is. Minor complaint- even being last years model, it should wifi to move the pictures to the computer with less hassle. If you find this camera south of 300 pounds, just get it!

Philips SHB4000/10 Wireless Bluetooth Stereo Headphones
Philips SHB4000/10 Wireless Bluetooth Stereo Headphones

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value! Recommended!, 18 Oct. 2013
Parallel to the bluetooth speaker revolution, another category of sound accessories has recently evolved and actually matured as products, that of bluetooth headsets. I was just about to buy one of those smallish bluetooth speakers, when I realised that a headset made more sense, since I can enjoy music, movies, etc with better quality and more discreetly compared to a portable speaker. I was aware of the great selection of mostly expensive BT headsets, but my ideal one would 1) rest on ear and not around it, 2) be light 3) last long and 4) not too expensive. I reluctantly chose this Philips as on paper covered all those criteria. Well, very glad I went with it! It truly is light on your head, lasts decently long (about 6-7 hours on a course of 3-4 days), doubles as a handsfree when connected to my iphone and boy you cannot get something cheaper than this and call it a headset. A small complaint is the plastic body that goes around the head, but being so light, you barely notice it. Great choice, kind of restored my trust to this company.

Before I Go To Sleep
Before I Go To Sleep
by S J Watson

2.0 out of 5 stars Highly predictable, boring at times.., 10 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Before I Go To Sleep (Paperback)
The concept is very well known to general public since the release of the excellent Memento film. Despite that, I decided to give this book a shot after I read so many good words here and there. However, I was let down by the build-up of the story, totally boring, in many cases too predictable. There was just too many words in those "journal entries" by an otherwise amnesiac person, trying to keep the reader's attention until the final scenes, which to my opinion should be the most extensive part of the book. The closing pages seem to be written in a hurry, as if someone had run out of time or space. Sure, there are many other good books out there, even for the modest price of under 4 pounds. Keep reading..

Nokia J BH-806 Bluetooth Headset
Nokia J BH-806 Bluetooth Headset

4.0 out of 5 stars Top in every aspect except one..., 19 Oct. 2011
Okay, here I am again chasing the best BT headset around. Having used the iPhone Bluetooth headset and the Nokia BH-804 Bluetooth Headset Nokia BH-804, AD68 + AC-6E, the bar was obviously pretty high. My only complaint with the BH-804 was the carrying strap which was of much inferior quality than the headset and eventually wore off and broke. Enter the BH-806 or Nokia J headset era:

Pros: Small and light headset with excellent build quality and in-ear design. My personal favorite: the carrying clip, which is the most practical way to carry around a bluetooth headset (added value: you can use it to carry another iphone BT-like headset, though of course it won't charge!). Battery life also seems improved (compared to BH-804), probably due to the sleep mode that the device goes into when in the carrying clip.

Cons: The single multifunctional button on the device has a rather steep learning curve. It has two modes, touch and press, which can be confused during a day's pressing activity, unless you're a yoga master with a precise control on your muscles. Normal persons should expect missing calls and accidentally redialing numbers for at least a week, before you can master the not so smart key. Finally, you must try a couple of different earpieces (S,M and L sizes included) to find which one fits best.

Impression: The Nokia J is my new bluetooth headset. The altervative would be one of the new Jawbone Icon Aliph JBG04GA-UK Jawbone ICON The Bombshell Bluetooth Headset - Gold Air designs which I like a lot and you may also find at a better price. However, I found the J headset a bit more elegant and I admit that the carrying clip may have been the tipping point, since it solved a chronic issue. Let's hope the clip finds wider acceptance in the BT headset world...

Essentials of Clinical MR
Essentials of Clinical MR
by Val Runge

5.0 out of 5 stars A real gem!, 24 Mar. 2011
This book is a really fast but not so "dirty" introduction to clinical MR imaging. In about 200 pages it is very concise and informative at the same time. A first reading is essential before any resident enters the MR reading room and then this little book will serve as a quick guide to other more expansive MR books for further reading. For this book's size and intended simplicity, the authors did a great work!

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars It's a promising product, but don't get too excited!, 27 Oct. 2010
I've watched iRobot evolve Roomba over the past couple of years, but after having read many reviews all over the internet, I still could not really imagine what Roomba can actually do, so with my fingers crossed I chose this 555 model, thinking that I hit the right balance between value and money. What follows is my experience after the first time I used Roomba to clean my house. It's best I think to provide a plus/minus list and then my verdict:

On the plus side, Roomba:
+ actually works! My worst fear was that Roomba is just an expensive toy, with no real use. Well, it did collect much of the dust around.
+ has a decent battery. After initial charge, Roomba was able to clean almost my entire house (about 100 sqm) which was above expectations. Let's hope this battery has a long life too.
+ covers the entire surface and will pass from the same spot multiple times, so don't worry if there's something left behind after one pass
+ its noise when cleaning is lower compared to a traditional device (but no, you cannot clean on midnight), but then Roomba is weaker, so this is expected.
+ looks futuristic and while you watch it clean, you think that someday this will be norm.

However, this generation of Roomba
- cannot replace traditional vacuum cleaners. You have to move around furniture so Roomba has less obstacles to confront and yet dust will be left in corners and other "difficult" spots. Actually, I'd really like to see a square-shaped model of Roomba, since the round shape doesn't help at all with corner cleaning. My advice is to watch Roomba the first time it cleans a room, so you know how it behaves (which spots cannot reach and what furniture obstruct its way). For example, Roomba did not fell of the stairs in my house, but it stuck there, calling for help...
- there is always the hassle of maintenance after every use (according to manual) and you can get yourself really dirty cleaning Roomba. That never happens with a traditional vacuum cleaner. Roomba definitely needs an improved dust bin that is disposable when it's full.
- using Roomba can get expensive since it requires regular filter and brushes change. Will see how that goes...
- It's detector is not that accurate. Against walls and solid furniture Roomba will slow down as it approaches, but sometimes it thinks it can go under some piece of furniture and it will crash against it full speed. I did not notice any damage to furniture or Roomba, but still it could do better at detecting the height of an object (I observed that happens more often with dark colored furniture).

Verdict: Roomba is a glimpse into the future, but right now it is useful only to those people that due to physical inability cannot take care of their house cleaning. Everybody else will eventually need to use a more traditional vacuum cleaner, after Roomba has finished its job. And using Roomba will only add time and hassle that no-one needs. Maybe I will use it for the in-between "light cleaning" or sell it. Finally, I have to admit that Roomba satisfied neither my bank account nor my house floors. Just my curiosity ;)
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 16, 2011 4:03 PM BST

Nokia BH-804 Bluetooth Headset
Nokia BH-804 Bluetooth Headset

5.0 out of 5 stars Style and Substance!, 16 Feb. 2010
I got BH-804 to replace the Apple Bluetooth headset I had just lost. Since the Apple's device was the most beautiful bluetooth headset I've ever seen, I was looking for an equally good-looking piece but if possible without the shortcomings of Apple's headset (short battery life and short BT range). Well, I went with one of NOKIA's top BT headsets and I'm very happy I did. This device is very good-looking, has a small size, a much needed neck strap (that's why I lost a couple of BT previously) and a very good BT range. Though, I still miss the superior esthetics of the Apple BT headset, this small wonder's advantages make it now the top BT headset for me. NOKIA still does some things good, after all!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 30, 2010 2:13 PM GMT