Profile for Slobad2323 > Reviews

Content by Slobad2323

Slobad2323

Practical Object-Oriented Design in Ruby: An Agile Primer (Addison-Wesley Professional Ruby)
by Sandi Metz

5.0 out of 5 stars From someone who finds faults in everything... I can't do it with this book., 8 Jan. 2013
This is the book I have been looking for since I started programming. A number of books on a particular language will give you a single chapter on OOP. Too many times I have read "A class is a blueprint for objects. Here is how you create a class. Done."

While this book is obviously dedicated to the subject of OOD rather than a single language, Sandi has chosen a great language to illustrate the ideas she puts across. Her passion for design and for bicycles (which I found made the code examples much more engaging even though I'm not into bicycles myself) comes across in spades throughout.

My girlfriend would watch me reading and nodding along with each section. You may read a section and think "well that's obvious" but you yourself had never really put any thought into the matter. Enlightenment and better (easier to change) programs will be the result of reading this book.

I can't speak for the Kindle edition but the paper back is well put together and the print quality is top notch.

Thank you for this book Sandi. Look forward to your next.