Profile for William Lynd > Reviews

Content by William Lynd

William Lynd "lynd8" (Poestenkill, NY United States)

Ohh! Annie! - The 1956 Sessions
Ohh! Annie! - The 1956 Sessions

5.0 out of 5 stars 1956 Buddy in Unbelievable Sound Quality!, 1 Nov. 2008
I'll keep this short as the first reviews basically cover it. This truly is a "Must Have"! The sound quality is just vastly improved over everything you have ever heard. A track like " I Guess I was Just A Fool" now has no distortion or flaws - just a nice clean sound! You will not be disappointed!

You Just Can't Beat It : The Best Of
You Just Can't Beat It : The Best Of

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice Compilation, but a definite missed opportunity!, 12 April 2008
Having been a fan for 25 years (oh my God I'm old!) I was really looking forward to this compilation - hoping that we would finally get a nice release of some of The Beat's great B-sides that have yet to be officially released on CD. After all, if you have 2 CD's to work with, wouldn't this have been a nice place for excellent songs like "Which Side of The Bed?", "Hit It", etc? Anyway, I will be kind and only deduct 1 star - these are some of the best songs ever released and a good set for someone that doesn't own the individual CD's.