Profile for mummybee > Reviews

Content by mummybee

mummybee "mummybee" (Hastings, England)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7
Saving Grace [2000] [DVD]
Saving Grace [2000] [DVD]
Dvd ~ Brenda Blethyn
Offered by wantitcheaper

5.0 out of 5 stars A funny film well worth watching, 16 July 2010
This review is from: Saving Grace [2000] [DVD] (DVD)
I watched this film on TV a few years ago on the first night of one of our newer channels. I loved it and on having it recommended because of my recent purchases bought it hoping it was as good as I remembered. I was a brilliant film with a great cast, very funny in parts - we were crying with laughter at one scene involving lights. I can highly recommend buying this black comedy. Surprising for me as the subject matter is not one I would normally be interested in.

Diva [DVD] [1981]
Diva [DVD] [1981]
Dvd ~ Wilhelmenia Fernandez

5.0 out of 5 stars A great French film, 16 July 2010
This review is from: Diva [DVD] [1981] (DVD)
We watched this film years ago on TV & thoroughly enjoyed it, kept a look-out for it being released & used some vouchers to treat myself to a copy. This was just as good as I remembered. Don't be put off by the title, this is a clever film that uses opera to hang a crime film on with a touch of black comedy added.

T&G - Set of 6 round tablemats in FSC® certified cork
T&G - Set of 6 round tablemats in FSC® certified cork

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I wanted, 16 July 2010
I ordered these cork placemats as I have given up on trying to find rattan ones that my husband is happy with (fussy bloke). These are great mats, the right size for our table, not too thick or thin.

Impact [DVD] [2010]
Impact [DVD] [2010]
Dvd ~ David James Elliott
Offered by joe4books

4.0 out of 5 stars Not a bad buy for the money, 1 Jun. 2010
This review is from: Impact [DVD] [2010] (DVD)
This came up on my recommendations and as I had some vouchers I decided to give it a go. We watched it over two nights and it was never going to win any awards but wasn't bad. Script was rather predictable but if you like spacey-type films (think Armageddon) it is quite entertaining.

Joint Force Harrier
Joint Force Harrier
by Ade Orchard

5.0 out of 5 stars A gripping read, 21 April 2010
This review is from: Joint Force Harrier (Paperback)
I found this title and as a fan of Sea Harriers thought I would give it a go. Have to admit I couldn't put it down once I started and read the book in three days in any spare time. Highly recommend for a glimpse into life on the front line in Afghanistan. My thanks to previous reviewers who persuaded me that this would be the great read I found out for myself.

Defying Gravity: Season 1 [DVD] [2009] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Defying Gravity: Season 1 [DVD] [2009] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Offered by passionFlix UK

5.0 out of 5 stars I liked this series even if the networks didn't, 1 Mar. 2010
I am very disappointed that this series was not allowed to progress. I really enjoyed watching it though I missed a couple when the programming went screwy. I decided to buy myself the series as a small reward and even though I know it will never progress I will still enjoy watching it again. Decent programmes are rare these days and if you like sci-fi mixed with relationships you will also enjoy watching this.

Apple iPod classic 160GB - Black - 6th Generation
Apple iPod classic 160GB - Black - 6th Generation

5.0 out of 5 stars Ace gift, 14 Jan. 2010
I bought this iPod for my husband for Christmas as he downloads storytellers and his old one has run out of space! It looks very similar to his old one but has so much more capacity. He is absolutely delighted with this and although it cost considerably more than his 8GB the price wasn't horrendous. If you want loads of music available or like storytellers this is what you need. It has so much capacity he even downloaded Snatch to watch on the train.

The Complete Novels of Jane Austen (Special Editions)
The Complete Novels of Jane Austen (Special Editions)
by Jane Austen

5.0 out of 5 stars a big book in every way, 12 Dec. 2009
i fancied using some vouchers to buy a book and a trawl through what amazon had to offer brought up this collection of jane austen novels. I'm in the middle of Emma at the moment and loving every page of each and every book,even those i have read before. This I can highly recommend to anyone looking for a 'good book'.

Up to Now - The Best Of Snow Patrol
Up to Now - The Best Of Snow Patrol
Offered by DVD Overstocks

5.0 out of 5 stars a brilliant CD, 12 Dec. 2009
I wasn't a fan until my daughter's boyfriend played me one of their tracks and i was hooked, saw this advertised on tv and knew that my husband would love it, bought it and am not disappointed

Mystery Alaska [DVD]
Mystery Alaska [DVD]
Dvd ~ Russell Crowe

5.0 out of 5 stars Early Russell Crowe film, 1 Nov. 2009
This review is from: Mystery Alaska [DVD] (DVD)
This is a really great film, bought it on video years ago & just upgraded to DVD. Russell Crowe is excellent, it's a very interesting story and has a cast that just fit the script.... and I don't even like ice hockey that much! Buy and enjoy!!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7