Profile for Barry no mates > Reviews

Content by Barry no mates

Barry no mates

Going All The Way (Bootneck Threesome Book 2)
Going All The Way (Bootneck Threesome Book 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars Just got it but five stars for having a pussers ..., 29 April 2016
Just got it but five stars for having a pussers suitcase on the front - minus two stars if there are no head, arm and leg cutouts for the obligatory suitcase run ashore.

I remember being appalled at the naked roll mat fighting... a blond bob wig would have been far more appropriate on Cpl Nurse. What was he thinking of? Mark is insightful on that incident as is his way. Looking forward to the rest and I'll update - but won't waffle on too much.

EDIT ... but having said that... it all rings true so far (nice to hear the Princess of Prawns 'Mike Hunt' tale from somebody more 'reliable' than my mate who was in Bravo Company at the time - although it seems you missed the following pipe "will Marine 'X' please report to the CSM") BUT I've had to put it down in sheer disgust. Assuming that Taunton is in the same time zone as the rest of the country, standeasy is at 10.30. Biff! Attention to detail Royal! I'm off to watch the Navy vs the Fijian All Stars today and best you've upped your game when I get back. In fact, it's taken a book-and-a-bit to out you as a fantasist. How could you?

EDIT... having heard the first nightingales of the year before wending my way in high spirits to Twickenham, getting mahooted, crappers etc. (why do bootnecks have '50 words for...' certain things) and generally getting on everyone's nerves (including my own) you have a stay of execution! I heard tell that Terry Marsh was once put on his bottom in Sams by a chick. Apparently the fella to watch in that troop was 'Normal Bloke' who when asked how he got the name would fix the enquirer with a glare that would make Mike Tyson fill his y fronts and reply... "because I'm not".

Going Commando (Bootneck Threesome)
Going Commando (Bootneck Threesome)
by Mark Time

5.0 out of 5 stars Hoofin, 15 Mar. 2014
Amy Love's review is spot on, a wonderfully inspirational book. Amy, with insight like that I'm sure that you'll find peace and contentment in this crazy world, sadly (for me and much less or not at all for you) not with me.

Back to the book, and more importantly me, it's spot on and that's what it was like. Very funny, but CTC is a funny place, albeit uncompromisingly and brutally so. 'Mark' captures it to a tee (how do you spell t in that context?) My only criticism is that I can black cat the drinking a bowl of washing up water story with a half hour leopard crawl to the training team tent to finish off the snotty dreggs of a dog's water bowl followed by a triumphant half hour crawl back, probably the only time I 'beat the system' at CTC. Wazza.

The place turns out the most amazing people you'll have the fortune (or misfortune, depending on context) to meet. I slipped through the net and it was an honour to have been a part of it. Mark captures the humour and humility that made it so, brilliantly.

Former Royals - read it. Future Royals - read it, but remember that the tortures (if it's still like that) are a tiny price to pay for the big beautiful world that awaits a trained rank. Royals families and loved ones - it will help you understand some of the odd ways of that strange fella sat in the corner of the room and might shed some light on why he would sooner die than let anything bad happen to you.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 22, 2014 8:03 AM BST