Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Learn more Handmade Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now Shop now
Profile for Darren Lowman > Reviews

Content by Darren Lowman

Darren Lowman "dlowman6" (UK)

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars No good for conjunctivitis, 6 Dec. 2015
Maybe I misread what this was for but this was no good for gunky eyes the dog had. It was a vet visit and £50 for a conjunctivitis fix. Additional cost and waste of money on my part

West Ham United FC Single Duvet Cover Set / Quilt Cover Set
West Ham United FC Single Duvet Cover Set / Quilt Cover Set

3.0 out of 5 stars Quality control is not there, 11 Mar. 2013
So what you get is a duvet cover and a pillow case - obvious really.
What lets this down is the pillowcase, because as you see in the image displayed the crest is where you lay your head. Not the case with the one I received. The crest is barely visible because its on the hem, so cannot be seen as is shown.

My thoughts are that these products are seconds. My son was so excitied about having the duvet that I couldn't face the hassle of sending it back and sourcing a quality alternative. which leads me back to my first comment.

James Blake
James Blake

3.0 out of 5 stars Blake 7, 7 Feb. 2011
This review is from: James Blake (Audio CD)
The guy has a fantastic soulful voice but the synth experimentation especially on the vocal undermines it - quite possibly his strongest asset. I am all up for spatial music in a lo-fi way. There are hints that this album could be soulful/lo-fi trip-hop but doesn't deliver on any of them. I guess thats the problem when you are called "eclectic" that the album lacks cohesion. It has its moments the deep bass on limit to your love (that track sold the album to me) So i guess you can pick and choose your downloads. Personally I like albums that are a journey rather than just a collection of tracks.
Could have been brilliant turns out to be disappointing.

Now having listened to it 8 times it grows, I have persisted its definately one that will split opinions. I've got splinters with this one and can say for sure its not going to be jammed in the car cd player.

Fleet Foxes
Fleet Foxes

2.0 out of 5 stars Its not all bad, 21 Oct. 2008
This review is from: Fleet Foxes (Audio CD)
Yep you can reference My Morning Jacket, America.......its just an ok album. I can see how some have engaged this if its their first foray into the world of alt.country/americana/folk its inoffensive. You can put it on and the next thing you know 40 odd minutes have past and you have not been engaged at all.

The production is poor, too much reverb and a just a bit lyrically bland. They have potential so if they suffer second album syndrome they will disappear without trace but i do think they can do something so much better so come on lads do yourself a favour.

We Were Dead Before The Ship Even Sank
We Were Dead Before The Ship Even Sank
Offered by FREETIME

5.0 out of 5 stars Its never too late, 26 July 2007
This was my first Modest Mouse CD, I have to say being a fan of Pavement and the Minutemen that this became instantly accesible. There are a few immediate stand out tracks but the more you listen to it the more it grows on you. I would recommend this highly. I have now gone into their back catalogue and purchased Good News for People Who Love Bad News and have to say I wonder why I never bought any of it earlier!

Love Is Hell
Love Is Hell
Offered by DVD Overstocks

4.0 out of 5 stars a proper gem, 29 Jun. 2004
This review is from: Love Is Hell (Audio CD)
This is an albumn that grows on you. If you expect the alt country Adams then forget it. The more you listen to it the more you become involved in the well crafted melancholy that Adams evokes. There are tracks that will have you dusting of your Smiths "Hatful of Hollow" and Lloyd Cole and the Commotions "Rattlesnakes" albumns as there are definate influences that can be heard.
In short it is an albumn that won't be greeted with the popularity of the Cheeky Girls but in time it will be ranked with those albums by the Smiths and Lloyd Cole such is its quality.

Fuori Dal Mondo
Fuori Dal Mondo

2.0 out of 5 stars Caution required, 25 Feb. 2004
This review is from: Fuori Dal Mondo (Audio CD)
My first purchase by Einaudi was Le Onde - which is possibly one of the finest albumns I have heard for a long time. I'm no classical guru but come from an ecletic musical background so really have an open mind. Le Onde set an expectation which this albumn failed to meet in short - it was not what I expected. This is an albumn that is what it is a movie soundtrack...and as such does not have the purity of Le Onde (Even though Fuori Dal Mondo contains tracks from Le Onde). If you want Einaudi stick to his own albumns.