Profile for Mr. D. A. Farrance > Reviews

Content by Mr. D. A. Farrance

Mr. D. A. Farrance "Immolated Soul" (UK....)

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Hemp Tea ftw., 28 July 2016
This stuff is great. I have these little DIY tea bags and have been making this up for a midday treat in addition to a certain blue cbd oil that I have also purchased from amazon.
I am currently experimenting with natural therapies to help with my personal mental health concerns, and bought this little 10g bag of hemp tea buds to test the waters, as it were. This does make a lovely little calming tea. I usually use effectively what is one portion as you would see in the product photo. That seems to do just what I need.
The product was very well packaged - I honestly had no idea what I was expecting from Lithuania, and was pleasantly surprised when it was this product, as I had an expected delivery date that was a while off at that time. It is full of seeds, but in light of what it is (a TEA, not a smoking product), this is fine, as the seeds contain essential cbd as well. My first mug was just a portion dumped into water, and I felt that I had to remove the seeds in order to drink it once it had brewed. This is now less of a problem with my DIY tea bags, but I recommend using a strainer if you are putting seeds in and all. I leave the portion in whilst i drink it as well. It has a herbally, spicy taste. Not unpleasant at all.
I shall be investing more time and money into this once I have a bit more cash available, and will be buying directly from source as I strongly believe this product is beneficial to me, and I wish to support the company more directly.
Give this a try, it'll definitely help you feel more zen.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars An honest review on a surprising little product., 28 July 2016
A very interesting product. I have recently been looking into alternative therapies and medicine due to trying to help a sick and dying man feel better, and I bought this to further my own experimentation with natural therapy. I myself suffer from depression and mild anxiety, and this really does seem to have had some impact on my life already. I have been taking just 2 drops in the morning, under the tongue as recommended, and then about midday onward I have been drinking a cbd hemp tea, which I shall be honest seems to be a worthy combination at this stage.
A friend of mine said she noticed a change in me after just a few days, stating that she thought my general demeanor had changed in a positive way and that I seemed calmer and more interactive - and this was before I had told her about the cbd oil!
I do feel a lot more carefree which is one of the things I was after indefinitely. I tend to be very anti-me, but this past week I've surprised myself in my attitude towards just getting stuff done and not over-thinking things nor worrying whether I am good enough to do them.
It was odd at first as you kinda feel like you are expecting a noticeable effect (like you would from other substances), but there is none. This does make you wonder if its just a gimmick, until you notice the subtle changes that are ultimately what its all about. Now, I cannot vouch for any changes in pain sufferers, but for my own personal mental health issues, this is all working out rather well for me.
I am enjoying this experiment, and shall continue my practice with cbd based products. It seems to be working on me.
I encourage anyone wondering about the positive effects of cbd based products to give this a whirl. For the price, you can presume it is a decent quality, and a financially viable option for experimenting with.
Good luck with your journeys!

Dino Hunt Dice Game
Dino Hunt Dice Game
Offered by CJ-MaX

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple, fun and highly addictive!, 30 Mar. 2016
This review is from: Dino Hunt Dice Game (Toy)
I don't usually bother with these reviews, but this game is such a joy I had to partake.
My Niece and Nephews have this game and I played it in my Sisters cafe one morning a few weeks back. It is so simple and easy to set up, understand and play that I was hooked in moments! It's just such a good laugh, and it has portability and pick up and playability. The entire game is just dice and a cup (and maybe a tiny pencil and a fold of paper if you want to keep score that way) so you can pop it in your pocket or bag and take it everywhere. Find a spare 5 mins, crack it out and play away with friends (or willing strangers - don't try this if under the age of 15 though), and then pack up and move on!
The rules are dead simple. Play until one of you gets 20 dinosaurs for their zoo. We amped this up to 30 when playing 3 or more, and it's just such a laugh!
So simple, yet so competitive, and totally addictive!
This works from ages of at least 6 and up up up!!!
Enjoy! :)

Air Hogs Tron Zero Gravity Light Cycle
Air Hogs Tron Zero Gravity Light Cycle

2.0 out of 5 stars Only works if you have ULTRA FLAT SURFACES!!!!, 31 July 2013
This item was a great disappointment for me. I adore Tron. I adore the classic movie, and I adore the modern addition. I love the IP, the characters, the theory, in fact I fault nothing about the franchise.

Apart from these pieces of crap.

I have wanted one of these for a couple of years now, and finally took the plunge recently when I saw mine available for a mere £15. The deciding factor? Well now I have cats, so it'd be great to have it chasing on the wall to tease them.
Well, it definitely sticks to the wall, but does it drive on said wall? Nope. Not at all. Well... It does a little but, but then falls off.
The wall has a few mild bumps in it, it's an old wall and has had some smoothing done on it. So I thought I'd try the ceiling, which is dead flat, and I know this as I spent a long time staring at it when I painted it! Still just stuck and struggled to move more than 15cm.

So I figured I would try the Lino floor in the kitchen. Turning off the fan which makes it hug to a surface (which surely a wall is, such as is the floor?) I started to run the toy. It worked!! Then it found a slight inclination in the surface. It stopped. Nudging it with my foot, I got a quick play before it stopped once more, this time on a slight raise from a loose nail in the floorboards.
This was very disappointing. Granted these are toys for kids, not adults, but if I was a kid with one of these I would be in absolute tears! It's a great concept, poorly designed. If the wheels were a tad bigger then we would have less problem. Or the motor? Even when running on the odd 'adequately smoothed' surface, the toy still crawls at a painful pace. The batteries are fully charged, the fan is doing overtime to do to job, but the toy simply does not have enough juice from its motor to do all things it is intended for, and thus crawls at a pace which just makes my cats lose interest in even the thought of chasing it across the floor...

I give it 2 stars. 1 for the fact it does run as a standard floor toy, and the second because I love Tron.

If you get given one of these, then enjoy it! If you buy it, buy a box of tissues at the same time, for which to dry your tears eyes...

Cat Bed Ancol Sleepy Paws Pyramid - Faux Suede
Cat Bed Ancol Sleepy Paws Pyramid - Faux Suede

2.0 out of 5 stars Just a pain in the bum, 12 July 2013
Nice and simple, this is just a terribly flimsy design, and I'm sure it would be great for an old cat who just wants to sleep all day, but my cat jumps on top of it, and hence it crushes down, which means that he has to sleep on top of it all night as I don't find until the morning (due to being asleep) that it is crushed.

The walls are very thin, and the base cushion is also very thin. All in all this leads to the bed being inadequate to my cats needs, and thus I am now going to be purchasing a second item at cost, rendering this one useless entirely. He prefers to use his sisters bed, a much thicker bed of similar style.

My suggestion, dare I say it? Go to Pets at Home, and physically see the items which you require in his instance.

Enslaved: Odyssey to the West (Xbox 360)
Enslaved: Odyssey to the West (Xbox 360)
Offered by Game Trade Online

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding! I was Enslaved by it's awesomeness!, 25 Jan. 2011
This game is beautiful, enrapturing, well written, and frankly one of the top games of 2010 by far!
When the demo came out last year, I replayed it numerous times. It was great fun, but not only that it was stunningly beautiful, and really well voiced and modelled.
The characters draw you in perfectly, and the voice talent do such a fine job that they should be awarded oscars!
The level design is gorgeous! Considering this is set in a post-apocalyptic world that has been ravaged by war, the scenery is stunning, and that doesn't affect the bleakness you feel from the devastation in the slightest. It's a nice refreshing look at the wastelands of this theme, far from the desolence and grit of Fallout 3 (which I loved!).
The character models are totally believable and it's some of the finest modelling I've seen in videogames. It's almost as believable as the modelling in the movie Beowulf!!
The gameplay is fun, giving some Prince of Persia moments in there, and the story is told in such a gripping way that you won't want to put down the controller from start to finish.
I personally want more! I think this was such a perfect and refreshing game, and at the time when I demo'ed this Halo Reach was out, and yet this gripped me more!

All in all, if you like a great game that's well written and beautifully made then give this a whirl! You'll not be disappointed. Unless you have no soul.
Perfect gaming!

GADGETSNTECHS LUXURY AND STYLISH HTC HD7 LEATHER FLIP CASE BLACK AND LCD SCREEN PROTECTOR EXCLUSIVELY

1.0 out of 5 stars Get what you pay for....., 25 Jan. 2011
This item is absolute toilet. I mean, granted it does protect your phone from the black death of the corners of your pocket, but don't expect it to last long.
I had mine 2 days when I realised that it didn't have any port holes for the headphones or the charger cable.... Now, being a bit of a genius, and having a little spare time on my hands at work, I set about D.I.Y'ing the case to allow me to listen to my music on the device whilst at work. A thing that I'd intended that day, and had stayed up late adding files to the phone to do.
Now I thought the material that the case was coated in would be a little thicker, and so any flapping from the cut edges would be glue-able and/or tape-able. What I discovered was that inside the coating, there was asian cereal packet cardboard or similar, and it was layered, so the cutting caused the edges to fray like they were going out of fashion. After finally getting the last of the dust from the cardboard away from the phone ports, I put black gator tape style stuff around the edges. Now the texture of the case coating doesn't allow for things to stick to them so this is forever flapping off, and i'm past caring about it.
Point number two that proves this case is terrible is that the glue holding the plastic backing in place (like a little shield that the phone sits against) is of a seriously poop standard.
I had noticed from the start that the glue was a tad weak, and wasn't sure how long it would hold out, but what really takes the biscuit is that as the phone, in it's case, sits in my pocket and I move around... the glue somehow seems to shift and set in an awkward way, in that the case is now jutting out of the leather considerably and thus the phone may as well be not in the case at all. This is frustrating as I keep telling myself that if this were the case then I should be able to push it back so the glue sets, but it quite literally is stuck, but wonky!
Useless useless useless!
I have now ordered another one elsewhere, and urge you to consider alternate options yourselves. As I said, you get what you pay for, but in this case it's just annoying.
Oh, and another thing... you look like a tool with the huge flap hanging under your chin (which I didn't think about initially) and also the magnetic clip at the top rests on your head while you talk on the phone, and I have found that annoying.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 3, 2012 11:37 AM GMT

Doom [Blu-ray] [Region Free]
Doom [Blu-ray] [Region Free]
Dvd ~ Karl Urban

1.0 out of 5 stars Save your money... buy the game instead!, 10 Jun. 2009
I have waited all of my life for a film based on the most amazing game in the world that is Doom! When this pile of doo-doo came out a few years back I thought 'Well... it's got the Rock in it, but surely the fact it's Doom will make up for it?'.
I was wrong...
This is the most disappointing film for someone who has loved the video games all his life, and I urge you to just wait until you've watched this round a mates house if you haven't seen it yet. I'm all for Blu-Ray, and definitely think they could do wonders with some releases, but why do they keep releasing such tripe like this rather than all the films out there that DESERVE to be released in Hi Def???
If your a fan of Doom (as I have been since I was about 12) and have enjoyed the game in all it's glory on many many formats, then don't support this! This isn't even good enough to deserve the title of Doom, as it's essentially just a Resident Evil clone set in space. Why they couldn't bring the demonic backbone of the 'REAL' series into the storyline and make it actually watchable for fans, I just don't know... but please don't support naff releases like this on Blu-Ray... let them just fall and die on DVD instead.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 26, 2010 7:01 PM GMT

The Strangers [Blu-ray] [2008] [Region Free]
The Strangers [Blu-ray] [2008] [Region Free]
Dvd ~ Liv Tyler
Offered by Aecro Group

5.0 out of 5 stars Ignore all the other weak reviews!, 27 April 2009
This film IS amazing! It's got a real nice quality, and it's got a good enough story to make you want to watch it time and time again. It is a film that shows just how sick and depraved the world can be around us. People are saying that it is poor but it's not in any way poor! It is a proper refreshing look at the horror genre as it is a modern day old skool attempt and this is something missing from the world nowadays.
From the start you feel a slight chill as the film steadily wanders along an atmospheric set, and then when the frights start to come about you really do end up sitting on the edge of your seat (or bed in my case)gritting your teeth and waiting for the lead cast to get the hell out of there! It isn't a modern day slash and gorefest to which I am usually a considerable fan, but it does really give you the willys and ok, you may be able to see a few of the scary moments coming, but even after watching it again a mere day later the jumps are done so that they can still catch you out. I watch loads of japanese horror and gore films nowadays and frankly a lot of hollywood films do nothing for me any more, but again this one really works! Even watching it drunk with slightly slower reaction times I was jumping! BRILLIANT!!! :)
Please, if you're a true horror fan that loves horror in any form, even the old style, then ignore the other reviewers and give it a try coz it really is awesome! And again, it has plenty of those 'GET UP... GET UP!!!!' moments which were killed in teen slashers, but work perfectly here!
That aside, has anyone actually seen the Blu-Ray version to rate that? You can get reviews of this film in the DVD section, or on IMDB and the like... but what we need is a review of the actual blu-ray disc!
Watch this space, as I'm probably going to find myself doing my own, but until then... please give us a sign! :D
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 31, 2013 1:13 PM BST

Left Hand Path
Left Hand Path

5.0 out of 5 stars Quite possibly my number 1 album of ALL time......., 23 Mar. 2007
This review is from: Left Hand Path (Audio CD)
Mate... I'm gonna keep this short, n i'm gonna keep it pretty darn sweet!

This album is THE Entombed album of all time, and possibly the best album I have ever bought.....

The album opener Left Hand Path is an AMAZING track to open an album with, as it is just pure old skool Death Metal, n then the ending of the track.... MATE! You CANNOT put it into words.... Everytime i listen to this album I get the ol' shivers up the spine from word go! The way track 1 seemlessly blends into track 2 (after that deeply moving synth line) is pure unadulterated bliss, and the rest of the album jus snowballs from there to create, in my mind, the all time most amazing and influential Death Metal band of all time!

Consider the fact that (from what knowledge I've gained) when this album was created, the eldest band member was 19! I only wish that I'd achieved this much as that age.... I'm 24 and still hoping for that break, so pay respect for those that have achieved it! If you love Death Metal, it'd be a shame to miss out on one of this worlds greatest bands!

Enjoy!!! :D