Profile for MarcG > Reviews

Content by MarcG

MarcG

Bundaberg Root Beer 375 ml (Pack of 12)
Bundaberg Root Beer 375 ml (Pack of 12)
Offered by UK ONLINE

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent. But a lot of sugar..., 28 April 2014
This is a fantastic root beer. Has that 'germolene' note to it which I know that sounds bad, but it isn't!

But be warned, whilst it doesn't seem overly sweet this has more sugar than Coke. Each bottle has 46.5g (around 11 teaspoons and half the GDA for a man).

So maybe just have it as a treat.

Great value at the £8.97 price ordering it from Amazon as opposed to other sellers.

Kärcher WV50 Window Vac - Window Cleaning Vacuum
Kärcher WV50 Window Vac - Window Cleaning Vacuum
Offered by Country Gardening

5.0 out of 5 stars You don't need the accessories or expensive cleaning fluids..., 17 April 2014
I just got the vac, none of the extra accessories and had noticed our window cleaners just use washing up liquid to great effect.

So armed with an old spray bottle left over from a cleaning product filled with some warm water and a little fairy I sprayed the windows, wiped them with down with a cloth and then used the vac.

I was initially skeptical, especially as I hadn't realised it was just a vac. I had expected some kind of steamer. But in just under the 20 minutes battery life I'd done what I needed and the improvements were dramatic.

We have large patio windows across the back of the house probably about 50 metres square of glass if you count both sides and they are always in a state thanks to 2 small kids and 3 dogs now they looked great.

Was it perfect? No, but it was pretty close. Our window cleaner rarely left them perfect either and it was also my first go.

It's better if you can do a swipe down the window in one go and don't stop mid way and on the inside it was hard to get all the way to the bottom of our window as the glass goes practically to the floor (so had to swipe up to do that).

We'd tried lots of glass cleaning sprays and fluids in the past with an assortment of cloth types but were always left with varying degrees of streaky mess. So it was surprising what a little washing up liquid did instead.

Obviously you could do the same for less with similar tools to those window cleaners use. These would cost less, but there is more effort required and more excess liquid to deal with so needs a little more skill and a potentially had a wetter inside!

The price does seem high for what it is, but for us it will quickly pay for itself. No more Mr Muscle spray or waiting for the window cleaners to turn up (and then we're never in for them to do the back or to do inside). They can keep doing the front it was the large expanse at the back we'd like to be able to see out/not be embarrassed about that matters and we know we can do it quickly when needed.

Battery could be an issue. 20 minutes isn't long. I actually ran out on the last side (8 large sides) but that was because I redid a window my wife did as she is too short to reach very high! I do think I would be quicker next time but we do have a lot of glass and no way you could do inside and out of an average home in one charge. If it is an issue you have to question if you need to do the whole house in one go and how often you need to do it. Most of our windows can go for ages without a wash so for our needs 20 minutes is fine.

Kärcher WV60 Window Vac - Window Cleaning Vacuum Kit
Kärcher WV60 Window Vac - Window Cleaning Vacuum Kit
Offered by Platinum Home and Garden

5.0 out of 5 stars Great. But avoid costly liquids and accessories., 17 April 2014
Had this sitting in my office for ages since I found it available in a deal for £40 and finally just got around to using it.

Accurist Men's Quartz Watch with Blue Dial Analogue - Digital Display and Silver Stainless Steel Bracelet MB1032N
Offered by WatchO

2.0 out of 5 stars Not great., 5 Mar. 2014
I love my watches and loved the look of this one. When the priced drop into the seventies I jumped without pause for thought.

Even at that low price I was pretty disappointed. In the metal it's ok, but not great. Not nearly as expensive looking as the picture suggests and the displays are very hard to see as they are smaller than pictured and quite faint.

Many will be happy at the low prices this range often falls to. But pay RRP at your peril.

Amazon customer returns were as greats a ever though and I made use of them this time. But I'd rather have had the watch I hoped I was getting....

Wonderbook: Walking with Dinosaurs (PS3)
Wonderbook: Walking with Dinosaurs (PS3)

5.0 out of 5 stars Came with a wonderbook!, 5 Mar. 2014
Description states you need a Wonderbook (although picture shows one), but this did come with one making it a bargain as the £10.99 paid. I didn't need/want it though!

First play of the game has my 6 year old very happy. This looks like it will be a lot more fun than the original book of spells.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 6, 2014 5:44 PM BST

Synthetic Leather iPad Mini Sleeve for iPad Mini, iPad Mini Retina, iPad Mini 2, iPad Mini 3 and Acer Iconia A1-830 by Dockem; Slim, Simple, and Professional Executive Tablet Case - Soft Felt Lined Dark Brown Basic Synthetic Leather Protective Pouch Cover
Offered by Dockem EU

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice for the price., 2 Dec. 2013
This is a well made, snug fitting and cheaply priced sleeve case for the iPad mini.

You do get what you pay for though, so please don't be fooled by other reviews on the quality of the product. Others will not be stunned and you can easily tell it's not real leather.

It does however do the job it is meant to and looks nice enough for what it is.

TomTom GO 6000 EU 6-Inch Sat Nav with Full European Lifetime Maps, Lifetime Traffic Updates, Always Connected and Interactive Screen Includes Click & Mount Car Charger and USB Cable

4.0 out of 5 stars Just read the review from DARKCell, 9 Aug. 2013
DarkCell said pretty much everything I think about the device, in far more detail than I have time to. But as I wrote a few lines on the TomTom forums about first impressions I'll share them here as I believe the more reviews people have the better....

My limited first impressions are on the positive side. I've had various TomToms over the years (last one was a 930) but never really used any features other than navigation. So all I really need is to enter a destination and get there with the addition of help getting me around any major holdups.

So talk of lacking features didn't worry me too much.

I went for the 6000 as it's always connected. I didn't want to have it rely on my smartphone.

As you open the box the first thought is, it is massive! I'm not sure if it isn't gong to be a bit big for windscreen mounting to be honest. I'd rather have a Go 5000 but with no release date set for that and the lack of decent traffic on my 930 was annoying me and I need to change now. The size of course does mean you do get a lovely large screen though, which is never bad.

I quickly and easily added a couple of my favourite destinations and got it to navigate me home from work last night. Playing with the map is a much better experience and I like the way you can drag routes like on Google maps. Entering text is, at last, a pleasant experience.

I liked the way it showed me the (unavoidable) traffic I was going to hit on the way home. On way home the computer speech seems much better, far less stilted and more descriptive than I'm used to from the 930 and generally it did as I expected and got me home on the route I thought it should.

Hardly a great test, but I've got no 'real' travel until next week.

What I really didn't like was the information displayed. Firstly the screen is massive yet all the information is tiny. I'm all for the map dominating, but with so much space I would really prefer things like the speed I'm going at and the speed limit to be much more obvious.

Information around arrival time and distance is strange. Why can't we have both?

I'd also like the clock, current speed and speed limit to be displayed clearly all the time even if I have no route set.

So for me, so far, i really like it, improving the info displayed is all I need.

***Update***

I have now used this for some serious travel.

The comments about on screen elements that are missing or just too small are still very much valid and annoying, but overall I'm very happy as it's nicely got me out of a few bits of traffic chaos approaching accidents and closed junctions which has removed some serious stress from a few of my journeys. It's reassuring to know that if you do hit that queue after junction X then there wasn't anything you could do about it, rather than my old system of having to stop to workout if junction X actually was part of my journey and then try and get my old 930 to map around something an indeterminate distance away....
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 8, 2013 11:05 AM GMT

Cable Matters Micro-USB to HDMI MHL Cable in Black 2 Metres
Cable Matters Micro-USB to HDMI MHL Cable in Black 2 Metres
Offered by Cable Matters

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I needed!, 18 May 2012
The cable was delivered quickly from Cable Matters and does exactly what I wanted. It allows me to travel light and watch movies stored on my phone on the TV.

Obviously you need an MHL compatible device to make use of it.

Thrustmaster V.I.P Case for PS Vita (PlayStation Vita)
Thrustmaster V.I.P Case for PS Vita (PlayStation Vita)

1.0 out of 5 stars Cheap!, 5 Mar. 2012
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
This is not the premium product it pretends to be. It's made from really cheap plastic and doesn't remotely feel like the expensive glasses case it claims to be. I wish there had been some reviews when I ordered it.

It's not worth the asking price and I suggest avoiding it. It's certainly not the case for you £200 new toy.

For the first time I'm going to return a working product.