Profile for T. Mullan > Reviews

Content by T. Mullan

T. Mullan

Page: 1 | 2
Tunturi Massage Ball (Pair)
Tunturi Massage Ball (Pair)

4.0 out of 5 stars Massage Ball, 10 Jan. 2011
It's a massage ball. It works. You get two for a price that buys one elsewhere. it would have garnered 5 stars if the colour weren't so dull.

Stylish Car Van Truck Silver Clear Drinks or Phone Holder
Stylish Car Van Truck Silver Clear Drinks or Phone Holder

1.0 out of 5 stars fell apart, 5 Sept. 2010
It fell apart pretty quickly. Amazon demands a certain number of words in each review so I will reiterate. This item fell apart days after ordering it. It's made from cheap, crumbly plastic and isn't worth buying. It isn't even worth one star. If I could give it anti stars then I would. The people who made this item, then marketed it as an actual product that does something other than just creating money for them and landfill for everybody else to deal with should be ashamed of themselves.

iPhone 3G to Car Radio Aux in Line In Stereo Cable 1.2m Gold
iPhone 3G to Car Radio Aux in Line In Stereo Cable 1.2m Gold
Offered by NowView

5.0 out of 5 stars does what it says, 5 Sept. 2010
Well made and robust, this 3.5 to 3.5 mm adaptor is ideal for connecting my mp3 player to the aux input on my car stereo and is built to last

BlueNEXT 65 Channel Bluetooth GPS Receiver (N95/N97/Smartphone Compatible)
BlueNEXT 65 Channel Bluetooth GPS Receiver (N95/N97/Smartphone Compatible)

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a great product, 20 Mar. 2010
Seemingly limitless battery life, great reception, robust and simple, the Bluenext is a fabulous product that "just works". I use the receiver with my Ipaq, allowing me to use Satnav software for road navigation and Maqyx Quo software for mountain walking. The Bluenext has never yet let me down. It kept a link going in driving snow this winter, the battery lasts all day and then some and it only has one switch (On/Off). This all adds up to a perfect package for me.

Edimax EW-7711UAN Wireless nLITE High Gain USB Adapter
Edimax EW-7711UAN Wireless nLITE High Gain USB Adapter
Offered by CCL Computers

3.0 out of 5 stars Works but "High gain" is misleading, 20 Mar. 2010
I live in a property divided between two buildings. I bought the Edimax hoping I could use it to replace my laptop's wireless card, boosting my wireless reception and allowing me to connect to the main house's wireless. I found that in practice, that the Edimax actually had worse reception than my laptop's built in card, so for my needs was pointless.

The card is easy to install and works fine, although personally I think the software is a bit clunky and I have to question why it has such an ugly and inconvenient antenna as this seems to add nothing to it's performance. If you want to boost the range a nearby wirless point like I did, I would suggest that you buy a range extender. The Edimax seemed like it could be a cheap and effective work around but for me, ended up just being a waste of money and time.

Harlot's Ghost
Harlot's Ghost
by Norman Mailer

4.0 out of 5 stars rollicking good read, 31 July 2009
This review is from: Harlot's Ghost (Paperback)
Mailer died while writing book two of the planned Harlot's Ghost trilogy but the fact that it's an unfinished masterpiece doesn't stop it being a masterpiece. On the face of it the book is a spy novel but it's really an attempt at the Great American Novel. I'd say a very successful attempt, although others have disagreed.

Mailer really lets himself go with this one. It's hyper-real rather than realist, completely over the top and self indulgent, (Mailer appears to have sacked his editor and then taken a course on how to go off on tangents from Victor Hugo) but it's massive fun. Mailer clearly had great fun writing the book but it covers many serious subjects too and there is some explicit sexual content of an alternative nature. Many of Mailer's later books appear to cover the similar themes, sexuality, mistrust/paranioa, betrayal, the nature of relationships and reality. This book is no exception and to me it feels like a spiritual, though clearly not an actual, autobiography. Mailer was accused of trying to make out he was tougher than he was during his earlier writing but there's none of that here. The book is clearly written by someone is aware of and has come to terms with many of his own shortcomings and conceits. The book feels very honest and "true".

I am Mailer fan anyway and this is definitely a Mailer book, so if you like his writing, you will love this. If you don't, you probably won't. If you've never read Mailer, then I would start with The Naked and the Dead but if I liked that I would read Harlot's Ghost next.

Page: 1 | 2