Profile for Karen Perkins > Reviews

Content by Karen Perkins

Karen Perkins (UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Stand Your Ground (A Torsten Dahl Thriller)
Stand Your Ground (A Torsten Dahl Thriller)

5.0 out of 5 stars Action, suspense and excitement, 11 July 2016
Torsten Dahl’s first solo outing has all the action, suspense and excitement we expect from a David Leadbeater novel, but with a twist.
In the Matt Drake novels, Dahl is a rock, a complete professional, and yes, the Mad Swede – and he always comes up with the goods. In Stand Your Ground, he is all of this, but we also see his softer side, his vulnerability: his family.
Just how does a key member of an elite special forces team balance his professional role with that of a husband and father? Especially when the two intersect?
Read Stand Your Ground to find out…

The Cortés Trilogy: Enigma Revenge Revelation
The Cortés Trilogy: Enigma Revenge Revelation

5.0 out of 5 stars The Cortés Trilogy has it all!, 11 July 2016
Great action, well-drawn characters, emotion, suspense, history, myth AND a lost treasure!

I thoroughly enjoyed the read, and struggled to put it down. I loved that all three books were in one volume so I didn’t have to wait for the next - John Paul Davis definitely had me hooked into his characters’ world, and the Isles of Scilly are now on my holidays list. I’ve even found myself missing Ben and Chris and wondering what they’re up to!

The Birds of Destiny
The Birds of Destiny

5.0 out of 5 stars Original and clever paranormal historical novel, 13 May 2016
An original and clever paranormal/historical novel, about an ancient Chinese divination tool, the Birds of Destiny. Do we really want to know what the future holds? And what a responsibility for the holder of the Birds! I particularly like the character of Henry, and the author paints some wonderful pictures of his and John's lives and experiences.

I thoroughly enjoyed this book and am looking forward to reading more from Richard John Foster.

Me-Time Tales: Tea breaks for mature women and curious men
Me-Time Tales: Tea breaks for mature women and curious men

5.0 out of 5 stars Amusing and pertinent short stories, 13 May 2016
A wonderful collection of amusing and pertinent short stories, from Marion, a woman who knows what she wants and how to get it, or so she thinks, in Underwhelmed - a delightful take on middle-aged loneliness and the perils of miscommunication, told with a clever wit that had me laughing out loud.

Then there's Blind Date, a clever poke at today's shallow and image-obsessed society. Or the problems choosing a first bra can evoke in Fitting Matter. One of my favourites, One Too Many, takes a humorous look at society's attitudes towards family and virility - maybe Mum doesn't always know best! In First Feast, a young tragic bereaved and inhibited girl is transformed by a teacher's good intentions, then the darker Staying Put adds depth to an original collection filled with expertly crafted characters, that I'm already looking forward to rereading.

This is just a sprinkling of the treats in Me-Time Tales, which will have you alternately laughing, crying and sagely nodding your head - Rosalind Minett is an extremely talented writer, and I'm eagerly looking forward to reading more of her work.

The Unforgiver - Jack Whittaker Thriller No.1 (The Unforgiver Series)
The Unforgiver - Jack Whittaker Thriller No.1 (The Unforgiver Series)

5.0 out of 5 stars Compelling and chilling, heart-wrenching and satisfying, 4 Feb. 2016
In this new, gripping take on the eternal battle between good and evil by Steven Bannister, Judge Jack Whittaker arrives in town, preaching his own brand of unforgiveness.

Judge Jack is one of the strongest characters I have ‘met’, and I suspect he will stay with me a long time. He is strong, fair, yet utterly ruthless – and impossible not to like or forget. He is the Unforgiver, and his story is compelling and chilling, heart-wrenching and satisfying. I just pity anyone who crosses him – they will definitely get what is coming to them…

Ordinary Childhood Dreams: Or Simply Psycho
Ordinary Childhood Dreams: Or Simply Psycho

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspiring, 4 Feb. 2016
Before reading Ordinary Childhood Dreams , I thought I understood what OCD was and how it affected people's lives. I didn't. Not even close. Oliver Raymond Knell has given me - and everyone who reads this - a valuable glimpse into the often catastrophic reality of living with the condition, and the immense strength and monumental courage it takes to face the challenges each day can bring - especially as it's a condition people can't see, and understand so little about.

Komputerbay 64GB SDXC Secure Digital Extended Capacity Speed Class 10 600X UHS-I Ultra High Speed Flash Memory Card 40MB/s Write 90MB/s Read 64 GB
Offered by KOMPBAY

5.0 out of 5 stars thank you!, 29 July 2015
Great product and excellent service - thank you

Helldorado: Tremayne vs America - Parts 1 & 2
Helldorado: Tremayne vs America - Parts 1 & 2

5.0 out of 5 stars Great fun and a great read!, 25 Jan. 2015
A clever yet irreverent take on '30s American gangster culture, which had me bursting regularly and often explosively into uncontrollable giggles. Great fun and a great read!

A Ghostly Assignment: . . . and its lasting heritage
A Ghostly Assignment: . . . and its lasting heritage

5.0 out of 5 stars 5 Star Short Story, 20 Jan. 2015
I thoroughly enjoyed this well-written ghost story - plenty of chills up my spine & a great twist at the end. Great!

Version: A Sci-Fi Thriller
Version: A Sci-Fi Thriller

5.0 out of 5 stars Sci-Fi Thriller, 24 Nov. 2014
Version is a fast-paced sci-fi thriller, which will keep you gripped from beginning to end and have you shouting out loud at the characters – highly recommended

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5