Profile for brympton > Reviews

Content by brympton

brympton

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent customer service saves the day!, 2 Aug. 2010
This screen protector is the most expensive one I found for my Panasonic G1 so I was expecting great things from it. On a positive note it is crystal clear and a perfect fit. However, even trying to apply this in a relatively clean room and after much screen surface preparation I was unable to obtain a bubble free finish due to trapped dust particles. It was impossible to remove the particles without damaging the film so I ended up discarding it. Maybe I was just unlucky, but at this price I am not going to try another one.

Update: I have received a free of charge replacement and I am pleased to say that I had a lot more success with it. I did take the precaution of carefully dusting and vacuuming a small room in my home before attempting to apply this film and consequently did not have the same problem. I can verify that this really is a crystal clear film and a perfect fit, in fact you cannot see the film unless you look very closely for the edges. In summary then this is probably the best film of its type from a company that obviously cares about its product and customers.

Apple Pro Training Series: Aperture 3
Apple Pro Training Series: Aperture 3
by Dion Scoppettuolo

5.0 out of 5 stars If you can't attend a training course - buy this!, 1 Aug. 2010
Absolutely brilliant, I simply do not have time to attend a training course but really need to get to grips with Aperture 3. This book and accompanying DVD allows me to do just that in my own time and at my own pace. It is well written/illustrated and I have finally begun learning in a coherent and logical way. After spending many weeks gathering disjointed and sometimes inaccurate information from the internet this is a welcome relief. If you have already paid for Aperture 3 then the small extra price for this book will really help you - worth every penny!

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars Folix FX-ANTIREFLEX Screen, 16 July 2010
I received this item within 3 days of ordering which was impressive, the screen is well made and accurately cut top to bottom but slightly (<0.5mm) too wide. Fitment was a lot less painful than inferior protection films and I was able to fit this without any bubbles appearing. Adhesion seems fine and the anti-reflective claim is valid, it certainly cuts down reflections when outside. However, a consequence of this is the grainy appearance of the screen when playing back images and manually focusing. I would buy another Folix screen but not the anti reflective one due to the grain.