Profile for SKR > Reviews

Live At Budokan [Blu-ray] [2011] [Region Free]
Live At Budokan [Blu-ray] [2011] [Region Free]
Dvd ~ Dream Theater
Offered by Hardliner-music

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent show by the Kings of Progressive Rock, 30 Mar. 2013
For those who follow Dream Theater, we know that DT are the masters of Progressive Rock and have led a 25-year career with a limited but cult-like following. DT never adapted to the commercial elements of rock with complex musical creations and very lengthy numbers but they were recognized finally with the Grammy nomination after their most recent album. This particular show, although it is not very recent, is the only Blu Ray disc available for DT and I bought it because I wanted to have the superior sound quality of the Blu Ray. I was not disappointed - it sounds terrific and I now have the DVD and the Blu Ray concert of my favourite Prog Rock band in a very interesting venue in Japan. I am only looking forward to more Blu Rays coming up from recent DT concerts.

Queen: Hungarian Rhapsody - Live In Budapest [Blu-ray] [2012] [Region Free]
Queen: Hungarian Rhapsody - Live In Budapest [Blu-ray] [2012] [Region Free]
Dvd ~ Queen

5.0 out of 5 stars Hidden Gem for Queen Fans, 30 Mar. 2013
This is a generally unknown Queen concert - the Live Aid and Wembley concerts are more widely known, but although it is from the same time period, it is a different show and a more intimate look at the band. Some nice personal moments are thrown in and add to the magic as Mercury and the others spend time in Budapest between shows. Recording quality and production are very good and I must say I am really thrilled that I bought it. This disc is worth every pound it costs and more...