Profile for tatham > Reviews

R.I.P.D.: Rest in Peace Department [DVD]
R.I.P.D.: Rest in Peace Department [DVD]
Dvd ~ Ryan Reynolds

2.0 out of 5 stars expected much more given the cast, 26 Oct. 2015
film is easy to watch but did not meet expectations. from the cast and the trailer you are led to expect humour and good special effects with the monsters etc however this is not the case unfortunately. little to no humour and the main bad guy kevin bacon was a disappointment as quite frankly did not look all that different when 'showing' hi8s monster side. good to watch and not too disappointed due to bargain price was bought for but glad did not spend much on it as would not recommend to buy. the kind of film you'd watch if on tv but wouldn't go out of your way to watch or buy.

2 Guns [DVD]
2 Guns [DVD]
Dvd ~ Mark Wahlberg
Offered by DVD Overstocks

2.0 out of 5 stars ok, 26 Oct. 2015
This review is from: 2 Guns [DVD] (DVD)
film is easy to watch but did not meet expectations

Horrible Bosses [DVD] [2011]
Horrible Bosses [DVD] [2011]
Dvd ~ Jason Bateman
Offered by best_value_entertainment

4.0 out of 5 stars ok for bargain purchase, 6 Nov. 2013
This review is from: Horrible Bosses [DVD] [2011] (DVD)
I liked the story line as I think most of us out there can relate sometimes to the feeling of resenting your bosses, however, overall the movie was not as funny or eventful as the trailers reflected.

Sweet Home Alabama [DVD] [2002]
Sweet Home Alabama [DVD] [2002]
Dvd ~ Reese Witherspoon
Offered by A ENTERTAINMENT

3.0 out of 5 stars watchable, 6 Nov. 2013
although I liked this movie, if I had seen it on TV I would not find myself wanting to buy it on DVD. It is an easy to watch movie about high school sweethearts who separated for many years and upon reuniting for Reese character to get divorce papers signed, discover their love for each other once again. It is a nice simple storyline but not as many funny scenes as the trailers led me to believe. I am not disappointed from buying it but only because it was such a bargain otherwise would not recommend spending money on it personally.

Mulan [DVD] [2009] (Two-Disc Ultimate Edition)
Mulan [DVD] [2009] (Two-Disc Ultimate Edition)
Dvd ~ Wei Zhao
Offered by DVD Overstocks

5.0 out of 5 stars very moving, 6 Nov. 2013
I came across this DVD by mistake when searching for the Disney version for my niece but was immediately intrigued. After watching it, it is now one of my favourite DVDs, all scenes in this movie are believable. I hate it when a movie has action packed scenes that are too eccentric to believe could happen and therefore relieved that this is definitely not one of them. Although there is with no mistake a story of undoubted love, this does not take you away from the true story of Mulan fighting for her nation. Every part of this movie is moving and unforgettable, I highly recommend that you buy this!

I Feel Free - Ultimate Cream
I Feel Free - Ultimate Cream

5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic, 7 Feb. 2012
I love this album as each track has its own unique style, none ae alike which makes you appreciate this band all the more. Fantastic collection of tracks which I enjoy on all occasions, a MUST buy!

A Very Long Engagement - 1 Disc Edition [DVD] [2004]
A Very Long Engagement - 1 Disc Edition [DVD] [2004]
Dvd ~ Audrey Tautou
Offered by Bridge_Records

4.0 out of 5 stars lovely, 7 Feb. 2012
I really enjoyed this movie, the actors meet all my expectations. It subtly reflects on the incidents that occured during the war allowing you to understand what happened however as a whole the film does not get too heavy with the detail creating a real but not too dreary movie. It is easy to watch despite subtitles and I will enjoy it may more times.

Paul [DVD]
Paul [DVD]
Dvd ~ Simon Pegg
Offered by best_value_entertainment

2.0 out of 5 stars didnt meet expectations, 7 Feb. 2012
This review is from: Paul [DVD] (DVD)
although this is a nice simple film to enjoy I rated it low on the humour front when in comparison to their other movies such as Shaun of the Dead, a dissappointment to me but then I watched it with high expectations.