Profile for Mr. R. W. Barlow > Reviews

Content by Mr. R. W. Barlow

Mr. R. W. Barlow "unryelike"

The Daylight War (The Demon Cycle, Book 3)
The Daylight War (The Demon Cycle, Book 3)
by Peter V. Brett

1.0 out of 5 stars Wow! What a let down., 24 Feb. 2014
Now anyone who has read the first 2 books will most likely ignore any review of this book and will read it and expect to enjoy it, just like I did, but what a mistake I made.

Now I loved the first book, the second not quite as much but still a strong book but this the third in the series is frankly awful.

Now I may be being unfair as I could not get past half way but its very rare for me to stop reading a book and this is the only time I can remember not finishing a book which is part of an on going series which I have already invested time into.

The main problem is the secondary character or the hero's "promised" what a charmer she is, I can not remember ever hoping a character would die as much as her. The main problem is with the terrible accent that not only she uses to butcher the English language but seems to of spread to the hero ( I don't remember him talking like this in the first book) is he aiming for American south or English southwest? whatever it is its painful and it makes the book a chore to read.

Her second problem is she is a complete *****, why would anyone put up with her? all believability goes out of the window where she is concerned because there is no way the hero of the first 2 books would shack up with her.

So yes anyone who has enjoyed the first 2 books will read this anyway but the chances are you wont read the forth book.