Profile for Jabsmith > Reviews

Content by Jabsmith

Jabsmith "From photons to pixels to droplets" (London, England)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-17
Floor Plan Creator
Floor Plan Creator

5.0 out of 5 stars Use with my Fire HDX and BT keyboard to easily make floorplans on the job, 30 July 2016
This review is from: Floor Plan Creator (App)
After a long search I've found exactly what I'm looking for as someone who needs to draw simple floorplans accurately while I'm out on a job. I'd found nothing suitable for my Android phone so though I'd have even less luck looking for something on my Kindle Fire.

I cannot for the life of me draw floorplans by hand so I use a bluetooth keyboard and glide pad connected to a Kindle Fire HDX. It works pretty well especially for otherwise tricky centimetre perfect adjustments.

The killer feature for me is the ability to change the thickness of exterior walls and the snap of interior walls.

I was more than happy to pay for ads and watermark to be removed this is worth so much more to me.

SVG output is fantastic and will be the next upgrade I buy. Now once I figure out what size grid to use as a background I'll bet set (an option here would be nice if I haven't overlooked it).

Augur Women's Multi-card Position Two Fold Purse Long Zipper Wallet Handbag handbag Dark Blue
Offered by HCF LLC

5.0 out of 5 stars Aadorable, pretty and very well made, 26 July 2016
My wife reviewed this:

This is a really nice purse, both in looks and in quality. I had a similar one before but it wasn't quite as well made and the strap kept coming off, this one has a proper metal fastener on the zip that won't come off in a hurry.
It is also just the right size for me. Smaller purses seem to have a habit of being hard to find in my bag. I don't like rummaging around.
Personally my favourite is the little bird on the front and the cute little strangely translated saying:

"You are happiness
Bird, beautiful and been Idea
&peaceful life in the garden." [sic]

It's a talking point and I love Asian things like that, but you have to really look close if you want to read it, so it won't be read by anyone whilst you are paying.

Inside, it has more than 15 slots for cards and two more larger spaces for receipts or anything else and that is only on the one side.
The coin/money side has two large compartments and a third in the middle which can be zipped up.

If you don't fancy large purses, this can easily double up as a small clutch bag for the evening.

We received a discount on the normal price.

[NEW] Medical Thermometer with Fever Indication - Fast and Accurate. For Oral, Rectal and Axillary Use - iProven DT-R1221A
Offered by iProvèn Europe

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to use, accurate, comfortable wherever you choose to use it (!), 22 July 2016
This is a very easy to use digital thermometer and while it is accurate to 0.1 degree Celsius (which may not be precise enough for you to use for Basal Body Temperature measuring in ovulation determination) is is perfectly adequate for mine and my wife's purposes, ie. identifying a fever or chill, quickly and accurately.

The instructions were covered by an Amazon stock number label (not the seller's fault of cause but something which Amazon might like to consider when packaging). So after a few minutes of peeling I could read how to use the thermometer. Simply switch on, place in position and wait. It will wait until the temperature has stabilised before beeping and reporting the measurement. So if it's not doing so, start again.

The tip is quite comfortable and very flexible which means it's perfect for *ahem* other areas but pulls on the mouth when inserted orally.

I received this a discount so that I could give an honest review. I would recommend this to friends looking to buy a cost-effective but well made digital thermometer.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Bike Lock Cable, BEZ® Basic Self Coiling Resettable Combination Cable Bike Locks with Free Mounting Bracket, 0.9M long x 1/2 Inch
Offered by TheBlingZ.

4.0 out of 5 stars Lightweight yet sturdy cable would spend more for use with expensive bike though, 22 July 2016
This is a very well-made cable which may I feel may be a little flimsy at the receiving end though I haven't tried to 'break it'.

This is absolutely fine for a quick lock up outside the shops for sure but the pin that goes into the lock itself feels too short and flimsy to me, not matching the sturdiness of my old chain.

However it is much lighter and easier to leave on the bike and the cable itself is very tough.

If my bike were newer or fancier I would spend much more but for my purposes this is ideal.

I received this for free but you can probably tell that I say it as I see it and have rated this product with no prejudice.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Ultra HDTV MHL3.0 Micro USB to HDMI (Female) Adapter for Samsung Galaxy Note 4 / Xperia Z2/Z3
Offered by SuperStore_Electronics

5.0 out of 5 stars Using to output Note 4 to 4K TV, 22 July 2016
This worked very well once set up and I tested it with a Samsung Note 4 with a resolution is of quad HD. You must use the supplied adaptor, that may stump you for a while as instructions are a little nonexistent but it's fairly obvious really.

It has good build quality including the adaptor, which fits in easily and holds tight.

I received this at a discounted price so that I could test the product and give my honest opinion.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Type C Cable, BEZ® USB C to Type A USB 2.0 Cable in Black - 3.3ft / 1m 1 meter for USB Type-C Devices Including the new MacBook, ChromeBook Pixel, Nexus 5X, Nexus 6P, Nokia N1 Tablet, OnePlus 2 and More
Offered by TheBlingZ.

5.0 out of 5 stars Tough, thick (which is good!) cable for fast charging, 22 July 2016
Good quality sturdy housing, excellent weight for fast charging.

I received this cable for free for review purposes. It passes all the tests I have for cables and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to friends.
Comment Comment | Permalink

JESBOD QY19 Bluetooth Earphones Sport Running Wireless Noise Cancelling Headphones In Ear Earbuds with Mic and Apt-X for Samsung iPhone Mobile Phones (Handsffree Calling and IPX4 Sweatproof, Black)
Offered by Jesbod Direct

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfectly comfortable for long phone calls or to tame your phone's volume when playing noisy stuff, 22 July 2016
I have a wired pair of Jesbod earphones and I selected these Bluetooth ones (offered at a discount) for a different purpose.

Whilst you can listen to music with these, the quality does not at all match the wired equivalents but it works fine and I would perhaps use this pair when on the train to avoid the dreaded cable strangulation that can occur when on the move.

I tested them out on the bike and they're fantastic. I had to change the buds to smallest size which was a bit fiddly (hold, stretch and push is my best advice here, a piece of wisdom that you can apply to a lot of things in life actually.)

Now I had a few disconnections when using this in the living room. I wasn't close to any other Bluetooth devices either and the phone was next to me (this was the only once on the house to be switched on). So that was a little annoying and while I can't point the finger of blame solely at the phones, it did mar my experience a little. When I made a couple of long phone calls with this upstairs however, I had no such disconnection issues,

The design is minimal but effective in that the phones didn't fall out of my ears whilst biking though it did sometimes feel a tiny bit uncomfortable even with the smallest size in comparison with the wired phones. Perhaps it's just my ears. The control serves all functions including volume and hides a micro USB port. Charging was very quick and the power lasted for hours of real use.

All in all a good compromise of mobility and quality.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Akale Mini DisplayPort to HDMI Adapter Audio Video HDTV Cable for Apple MacBook, MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, iMac, Mac mini, Microsoft Surface Pro 1 2 3 - Black
Offered by AKALE Direct

5.0 out of 5 stars Compact alternative to 3-in-1 MiniDisplayPort boxes, 22 July 2016
I received this gratis from the seller in return for an honest evaluation:

I have tried a Mini Display Port breakout box with VGA and audio etc. but that's a little bigger (and heavier) so don't want to leave it plugged it all the time. This is light enough that I leave it in the MiniDP port and attach a HDMI cable as and when I need it.

I switch my HDMI cable from monitor to TV (and back) at least once a day and want something as a backup in case my graphics card decides it's had enough of all the inserting and removing that I put it through.

Both male and female ends connect and accept cleanly and I had no problems with any regular resolutions I need to change to.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Umbrella - Best Automatic Opening Umbrellas -MONEY BACK GUARANTEE- Auto Open/Close with Raindrop Effect #1 Windproof Travel Umbrella for Men + Women
Offered by KT LTD

5.0 out of 5 stars Space age umbrella, very hydrophobic, smooth, easy opening action, 22 July 2016
Length:: 0:07 Mins

I selected this umbrella to review as I was offered a discount to do so. I will therefore report on the quality and not the price, without prejudice.

"It's an umbrella, it will be a good spare to leave in the car," I thought. This is Britain, umbrellas are required in the 'summer' time which is a season in nothing but name only. OK so the rain gets a little warmer perhaps.

I didn't expect it to be quite so good. The opening action is a dream (see video) and closing is very easy. When we were kids we used to 'test' all the cassette players in the shops by pressing the eject button and seeing how smoothly they opened. Whichever opened the smoothest we deemed the best stereo (yeah I know, we were 14 and easily impressed). A gentle press on the button (a proper button not a stiff lever like the old days) and it gentle unfurls like a robot from War of the Worlds. Sorry, I'm impressed by things like this...!

Also, if you are concerned for my luck after opening and closing an umbrella indoors so many times then don't worry. Our household is pan European and it seems us Anglophiles are the only ones with this obsession therefore I declare this superstition null and void!)

The quality is to be seen in the finishing on the tip of the brolly too (a bit girly but at least it's black) and the sturdy velcro closing strip. Comes with a slip cover but I never use them anyway. It has a faint raindrop design on the material too just in case you forget what to use it for.

This being British summertime (did I mention that it rains a lot?) it rained within hours of the umbrella arriving. Hooray :(

Therefore we tested it for what it is designed for and the rain just seems to pearl off very cleanly with the material retaining very little if any, moisture after a quick few shakes.

I have owned a bigger, sturdier umbrella but it didn't fold and mostly just served as a walking stick so this is now officially the Best Umbrella I have Ever Owned.

Art Naturals 3-Piece Lavender Oil Set with 10ml Lavender Oil Bottle and 10ml Signature Zen Bottle, 4 fl. oz.
Offered by Art Naturals UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Well presented gift box with high quality lavender oil and bonus Signature Zen bottle, 22 July 2016
Very good value, high quality lavender oil set. The dropper is good quality and replaces the stopper once opened. I use the lavender oil in diffusers and sometimes as a sleeping aid. I gave the small bottle to my Mum to do the same with and my wife has claimed the Signature Zen bottle which she love! Three members of the family happy!

Presentation quality is high, foam inserts in the box protect the bottles from damage.

I was sent this to test and review and did not pay the full price. This review therefore disregards price and focuses on quality of the product.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-17