Profile for R. Forest > Reviews

Content by R. Forest

R. Forest (UK)

Spigen® iPhone 7 Plus Screen Protector **Easy-Install Kit** iPhone 7 Plus Tempered Glass [Anti-Scratch] iPhone 7 Plus Glass Screen Protector *Ultra Clear* iPhone 7 Plus Tempered Glass Screen Protector (043GL20773)
Offered by Spigen

1.0 out of 5 stars I take great care in my phone, 24 Dec. 2016
Awful screen protector, it splits the colours of your phones screen which looks trippy and distracting. It is also extremely weak, I take great care in my phone, don't drop it or treat it badly yet I have a massive scratch/crack across the protector. I will have to buy a new one but it won't be Spigen.

Betron Apple Certified Lightning Connector, Durable Charger Cable for iPhone, iPad, iPod, iPad Mini, 1Meters - Black
Offered by Betron Limited ( VAT Registered)

5.0 out of 5 stars Use these guys!, 3 Nov. 2015
Amazing product, great quality. Seller was speedy and professional

Toshiba Camileo H20 1080p HD Camcorder
Toshiba Camileo H20 1080p HD Camcorder

1.0 out of 5 stars Is this meant to be a joke?, 24 Mar. 2010
I bought this camera a few days ago, I'm a film student and like to make short videos in my free time, I thought this camera was ideal and for the price was awesome! How wrong was I, I knew it wouldn't be the best camera ever but I did not expect how poor the quality was even on 1080p

when I got it out of the bag I thought it looked really cool, after charging it for a few minutes I decided to film something, I went into my living room which had a lot of light, and plus I had brought a powerful torch down to shine on my subject but when I was playing it back the footage was very dark, very grainy and had moving pixels that made it look like it was one of the very first phone cameras.

Very dissapointed with this product, have sent it back and getting a different HD camcorder, hopefully this one will be better!

The Good:

Camera looks
Size
Weight
Nice packaging

The bad:

It shouldn't be called HD!!

The ugly:

The picture, YUK!!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 6, 2010 11:55 AM BST

No Title Available

2.0 out of 5 stars BUZZZZZZZ!!!, 28 Sept. 2009
This is my first acoustic guitar and I have to say, I am very unimpressed.

Pros:

Some chords sound nice
Guitar finish is quite good

Cons:

Buzzes constantly on the top e
The strings are worn, damaged and look like they will snap any minute
Pegs de-tune themselves whilst your playing!

I would have given this 1/5 except on the rare occasion I can actually bang a tune out it sounds good, but I cannot use this guitar at my performances at the risk of looking like an idiot!

Fly away Falcon!

Humbug
Humbug

5.0 out of 5 stars Marmite Of Albums, 30 Aug. 2009
This review is from: Humbug (Audio CD)
I was fortunate enough to receive a promo copy of the album several months ago, and for me (a massively obsessed fan of the Arctic Monkeys) this is in keeping with some of their best work, the reason I think some people don't seem to like it is that they've changed their style and their inspiration slightly, but like most bands they want to experiment if they had produced another album with identical stuff to WPSIATWIN or FWN then people would be annoyed because it would be way too similar, this way they mix things up, and they do still keep their uniqueness in many of the songs, the guitar melodies in secret door from Jamie Cook is very similar to that of Fluorescent Adolescents. The really avant-garde songs in this album in my opinion are ones such as Jeweler's Hands and Pretty Visitors, both of these songs work really well.

From this album there are a few shining gems, such as Cornerstone, My Propeller and Dangerous Animals.

Overall I think this is another huge success for the Monkeys, who knows what their next album will be like.....

Forensics for Dummies
Forensics for Dummies
by D. P. Lyle

4.0 out of 5 stars CSI Style, 10 Jun. 2009
This review is from: Forensics for Dummies (Paperback)
Good book, haven't read much though, been busy with exams!!

Look forward to reading the rest of it. Very simple to understand, it really is for anyone.

Skins: Complete Third Series [DVD]
Skins: Complete Third Series [DVD]
Dvd ~ Kaya Scodelario
Offered by Helgy

4.0 out of 5 stars So Good!!, 15 Mar. 2009
I didn't want the original skins fully, i only saw several episodes. I thought it was good, but never got round to watching them all.

I think with the new series as long as you think of it as a new programme rather than an extension of skins, you will find it a really great programme.