Profile for MR P Coyle > Reviews

Content by MR P Coyle

MR P Coyle "Patrick Coyle" (Northampton, UK)

ThermoPro TP-08 Remote Digital Wireless Kitchen Cooking Thermometer - Dual Probe for BBQ, Smoker, Grill, Oven, Meat - Monitors Food From 300 Feet Away
Offered by My iTronics

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant., 8 Aug. 2016
This is a device which will totally change the way you BBQ. You can set it up and then walk away, safe in the knowledge that this will tell you when you need to do something.

HooToo Wireless Hard Drive Companion, Wireless Router, 10400mAh External Battery Pack Travel Charger, Access Point - TripMate Titan
Offered by Sunvalleytek-UK

5.0 out of 5 stars This device is great. I can have all our music, 19 May 2016
This device is great. I can have all our music, films, books, tv series etc on a hard drive which will keep the kids quiet on long distance journeys.

King Rat: The Fourth Novel of the Asian Saga
King Rat: The Fourth Novel of the Asian Saga
by James Clavell

5.0 out of 5 stars Yo Dawg, I heard you like James Clavell..., 9 Mar. 2009
Yo Dawg, I heard you like James Clavell, so I put a character based on James Clavell into a book written by James Clavell so you can read about James Clavell while reading James Clavell.

Damn fine book.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 28, 2009 9:38 PM BST

Cobweb
Cobweb
by Frederick George

4.0 out of 5 stars Great, 31 July 2006
This review is from: Cobweb (Paperback)
I was surprised to see this book around as I thought I had read all of Stephenson's stuff. This was a great story, a real page turner. I thought it was let down (only very slightly I might add) with a couple of bits which seemed to fal into the "I haven't mentioned this before but I'll chuck it in now as it gets me out of a tight situation".

The plot was well thought out and slotted together very nicely and, unlike a few of Stephenson's books, the ending isn't a let down. I know he has a tendency to rush an ending but it didn;t seem like he did it this time.

If you liked Interface you will like this. It's easier to read than Cryptonomicon and far, far lighter than the Baroque Cycle, but Stephenson still manages to work his genious on a smaller stage.

Fundamentals of Mathematical Analysis
Fundamentals of Mathematical Analysis
by Dr Rod Haggarty

5.0 out of 5 stars Not just a textbook but also a good read!, 17 May 2006
This was one of my university textbooks in the first year, but it is such a good book that I still read it once in a while.

It is clearly written, with many worked examples. It covers Axioms of arithmetic, Sequences, Series, Differentiation and Integration, but it starts off from first priciples in all cases, building up from logic onwards. Interspersed with the text are short biographies of mathematicians.

There are exercises at the end of each section with answers in the back. All in all, this is an ideal book for an undergraduate doing a course in Analysis or the interested layman.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 3, 2008 10:54 AM GMT

Game Theory and Strategy (Mathematical Association of America Textbooks)
Game Theory and Strategy (Mathematical Association of America Textbooks)
by Philip D. Straffin Jr

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 1 Aug. 2001
This book covers all aspects of game theory and strategy. It starts off assuming that you do not know what the subject is and eases you in gradually. Having an understanding of the mathematics involved helps but is by no means essential; I have lent it to several friends who have been enthralled without having the first clue of how to solve the equations. It has many useful and interesting examples of applications to everyday life, including stategic voting, union-management negotiations and even fishing! I would recommend this book to anyone. Game Theory gives you another outlook on life and situations you might not otherwise have thought of.