Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Learn More Shop now Shop now
Profile for Steven Andrews > Reviews

Content by Steven Andrews

Steven Andrews "HoshiKing" (Woodhouse)

Doctor Who - Time-Flight [1982] / Arc of Infinity [1983] [DVD]
Doctor Who - Time-Flight [1982] / Arc of Infinity [1983] [DVD]
Dvd ~ Peter Davison

5.0 out of 5 stars 5 Stars For One Story Alone. And For The Extras That I Have Not Seen Yet, 15 Jun. 2007
Well if that was a responsible review of the item in question, then I'm a monkey's uncle. Yes I'm talking about you SithSean and your pathetic 'did you call it a review?'. The person to whom you saw fit to slag off is I presume S.Fraser, well how on earth can anyone talk about the DVD release when it's not been released yet. Of course he/she is using the VHS as a focal point for the review what else is there to use at present. In S.Fraser's piece he/she says that he/she has not seen the extras and is going on the past results of the Doctor Who restoration team' s efforts, which as the person says are always superb. This person is entiled to his/her opinion without the abuse that you hurled at him/her, it wouldn't have been so bad had you offered alternative opinions. It's coming to something when a person who doesn't like something is attacked in this way. Do us all a favour SithSean and stay away if you have nothing intellegent to say.

Arc of Infinity is my favorite Doctor Who story ever, now that might shock some people but I have always had a soft spot for stories that are usually disliked by the majority of fans. Omega, the main villain in Arc of Infinity is a fascinating character that has a reason for doing what he is doing, he is simply trying to survive and the eons that he has been abandoned by the Time Lords and trapped in an anti matter universe has drove him insane, this is much more believable than the Master's many schemes that when analysed do seem stupid. He has a plot reason for his actions and comes across as a sympathetic but tragic character.

The location shoot in Amsterdam is beautiful and the story quite rightly shows it off culminating in a wonderful chase around the city in the final episode, it has been argued that this detracts from the story, well maybe it does but it looks great.

The story reintroduces Tegan to the TARDIS crew and I'm glad that she returned, it was really refreshing to have a companion that got on the Doctor's nerves a lot, rather than the 'stick your fingers down your throat' gooey eyed Rose Tyler. Tegan is the best companion ever.

No reviews of Time-Flight because as some of my fellow reviewers have said it is garbage and I can't find anything of interest to say.

So 'FROM WHAT I CAN GATHER' this is a fine release indeed if only for Arc of Infinity that I have reviewed from my VHS and for the extras that I have not seen yet but 'FROM WHAT I CAN GATHER' are going to be a-ok.