Profile for Angela > Reviews

Content by Angela

Angela

The Secrets Of The Shadows (The Annie Graham series, Book 2)
The Secrets Of The Shadows (The Annie Graham series, Book 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars loved this book, 6 Mar. 2015
Living in Barrow I really enjoyed all the local background. Enjoyed the book, the second of Helen's I Have read. When's the next coming out?

The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks
The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks

5.0 out of 5 stars Thought provoking book, 20 Sept. 2014
This book both horrified and captured my attention in equal parts. How America treated its black citizens, both adults and children was evil and disgusting. This book brought some of these abuses to light while honouring a lady whose name should be known throughout the world - sadly most of us have never heard of her. A well written book which explained the science simply but not patronisingly.

Born to be Mild (70s TEEN series Book 1)
Born to be Mild (70s TEEN series Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant book, 5 Sept. 2014
I loved it - so many memories of forgotten songs and events. So many absolutely correct comments on some of our more unsavoury celebrities. Such a great sense of humour.

Skywalker--Close Encounters on the Appalachian trail
Skywalker--Close Encounters on the Appalachian trail

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant book, 28 July 2014
I very much enjoyed this. I find travel books quite boring usually but having read Bill Bryson's book about the AT thought I would give this book a try - so glad I did. Were I 40 years younger and very much fitter this book would certainly have inspired me. What an achievement!

The Four Streets (The Four Streets Trilogy)
The Four Streets (The Four Streets Trilogy)

5.0 out of 5 stars a brilliant book, 9 May 2014
I really enjoyed this book, housework had to wait as I had to finish it. I want to know what happened to the characters, they were so real to me. It would be good to know there was going to be a follow up story.

Tents and Tent Stability: A Month-Long Camping Adventure In Germany - In a Rather Dodgy Tent!

5.0 out of 5 stars A brilliant book, 12 Nov. 2013
I loved this book and would love to have the author to a dinner party as I am quite sure he would entertain my guests and I all night. It was fun, interesting and he is knowledgeable about his subject. Well worth a read and definitely worth five stars.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 12, 2013 7:20 PM GMT

Upholding Law and Disorder: Police Tales from the Front Line
Upholding Law and Disorder: Police Tales from the Front Line

5.0 out of 5 stars enjoyable and entertaining read, 7 Oct. 2013
I really enjoyed this book. A great sense of humour - PC Surname would make a great dinner party guest!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 9, 2013 7:32 PM BST

Savile - The Beast: The Inside Story of the Greatest Scandal in TV History
Savile - The Beast: The Inside Story of the Greatest Scandal in TV History

5.0 out of 5 stars fascinating, 30 July 2013
A very informative and well written book. Factual but easily read. Sad that such abuse was perpetrated and allowed to continue for so long.

One Way (Sam Archer Book 5)
One Way (Sam Archer Book 5)

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant book, 29 Jun. 2013
Great book with lots of action and more than a few twists to keep you guessing. Bring on the next Sam Archer book!

Gray Justice (Tom Gray #1)
Gray Justice (Tom Gray #1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 27 May 2013
Up there with many of the big name authors. Got this book as it was free but fully intend to buy the next two books in the series now.