Profile for jasperpie > Reviews

jasperpie

LG 42LD450 42-inch Widescreen Full HD 1080p LCD TV with  Freeview
LG 42LD450 42-inch Widescreen Full HD 1080p LCD TV with  Freeview

5.0 out of 5 stars Budget TV, without a budget performance, 15 May 2011
I had this TV bought for me. Ordered on Thursday, delivered on Saturday. Thumbs up Amazon.

First thing - PUT THE TV ON YOUR DINING TABLE FACE DOWN ON SOMETHING SOFT. PUT THE STAND FULLY TOGETHER BEFORE PUTTING IT INTO THE BOTTOM OF THE TV (IF USING ONE) - you'll know why if you do it the way the manual advises lol.

OK - the TV is great, initially I was disappointed with the SD pic quality but after Googling some configure settings I have found it to be great - in fact - outstanding. Virgin media with HD is great, watched the match yesterday and the colour is rich and exciting without any motion blur. The PS3 connected via HDMI playing blue ray will blow you away - honestly, its that good.

From my old CRT I have a surround kit, although the new TV doesn't support analogue audio out to use with it - it will support optical, but I haven't got the lead yet, so I cant comment. That said, the actual TV speaker quality is great - the clear voice feature is a winner for me and the sound is crisp, clear but lacks the reverberate bass when watching films or playing games. Not a major issue though.

Set up is simple enough and will take all of 5 minutes and it is light enough - your 10yr old would be able to lift it and help stick it on your wall.

Thats about it - Bang for your buck is an understatement - I feel like I have robbed Amazon. I would honestly have paid more for this (it cost 350).

Hope its useful
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 17, 2011 2:19 PM BST

Playstation Move Controller - Black (PS3)
Playstation Move Controller - Black (PS3)
Offered by Games.C

5.0 out of 5 stars PS Move, 4 Oct. 2010
OK - So i didn't buy move from amazon. I already had the camera, previously i had I-Pet which was rubbish in my opinion. I was sceptical about the moves abilities and accuracy - but as my missus works for a gaming store and assured me it was good i though one day i will buy this.

A few drinks later - in tesco doing my shopping i saw something, an offer on the move and nav controller. Sucker i may have been, greatest decision of my life - definitely!!

This thing is amazing. Accuracy is not an issue - my aching shoulders and back are evidence of hard play though.

There IS NO CHEATING LIKE ON THE WII, move tracks where you are, how far and how fast. This is by far the supremacy of gaming. I cant slate Natal, but if it has a rival - this is it.

On a productive note - out of the box, plug in the usb charger and sync, thats pretty much it - as alexander would say - simples!!!

SUUUUUUU BLOOOOOODY PERRRRRRB