Profile for Alice > Reviews

Content by Alice

Alice "Gadget fan" (Surrey, UK)

Kindle, 6" E Ink Display, Wi-Fi (Previous Generation - 5th)
Kindle, 6" E Ink Display, Wi-Fi (Previous Generation - 5th)

4.0 out of 5 stars Great gadget, 6 Sept. 2013
This has revolutionised my holiday packing! Usually I take a few books and they are bulky and weigh a lot. The Kindle is perfect. Small enough for a modest handbag or large pocket. Light to use and easy to use. Great for travelling or for reading in bed. I bought the basic version as I have an iPad so didn't need all the bells and whistles in a Kindle. However, my only niggle and the reason for 4 not 5 stars is the 'keyboard' is very much old tech and a bit fiddly and tedious to use. But it's only when you want to purchase a book so it is only a tiny niggle.

A bonus was that I found the books I bought also turned up on my iPad without me doing anything! Seamless!

Maths for Science
Maths for Science
by S. Jordan

5.0 out of 5 stars Helped me through!, 6 Sept. 2013
This review is from: Maths for Science (Paperback)
I have just completed a Open University course on Galaxies and Planets which was V interesting, but the maths was heavy. Although I did A level maths at school it was a long time ago (in the 60s!). This book helped a lot and I even got unexpected good marks for the maths element of the assessment. Recommend it to those who have done maths a long time ago and need some reminders of all those things you don't usually use in everyday life.

Lonely Planet Cuba (Travel Guide)
Lonely Planet Cuba (Travel Guide)
by Lonely Planet

4.0 out of 5 stars Good guide, 6 Sept. 2013
I used this a lot on my trip around Western Cuba and found it helpful, s is usual with Lonely Planet guides. Lots of useful background information and lots of tips about travelling in Cuba.

Breo Estrella Unisex Trendy Watch with Blue Strap and Blue Dial
Breo Estrella Unisex Trendy Watch with Blue Strap and Blue Dial

4.0 out of 5 stars Good but bulky, 6 Sept. 2013
This watch looks very good and stylish, comfortable to wear. The only reason I didn't give it five stars is the watch face is quite bulky and catches on cuffs etc.

Flip Video USB Cable
Flip Video USB Cable

5.0 out of 5 stars Get connected, 7 Oct. 2008
This review is from: Flip Video USB Cable (Camera)
Worth buying for Flip as the USB arm is fiddly to use, even with a keyboard USB port.

Flip F260P-UK Video Ultra Series Digital Camcorder - Pink (60 mins)
Flip F260P-UK Video Ultra Series Digital Camcorder - Pink (60 mins)

4.0 out of 5 stars Happy hamateur, 7 Oct. 2008
Bought this in August and took it on holiday to France. Easy to use, no instructions necessary, fun, simple, small and addictive!! Works a dream with iMovie on iMac, although the built-iin software is good. Transfers to IPod well to bore friends with and you can carry it around all the time. My only reservation is that long distance is not so good, but that's not really what it's for. Hours of fun, money well spent.