Profile for Lee Pennington > Reviews

Content by Lee Pennington

Lee Pennington

The Matrix Reloaded: The Album (U.S. 2 CD Set-Enh'd-PA Version)
The Matrix Reloaded: The Album (U.S. 2 CD Set-Enh'd-PA Version)
Offered by best_value_entertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars The perfect sequel album to The Matrix, 4 May 2003
Where can I start? First of all, I got a preview copy of this today and I've skimmed through it all. Rob Dougan totally surpasses himself on the classic "Clubbed To Death" - With tracks like "Reload" and "Furious Angels" being totally motivating and stimulating in every way. Gradual build ups into great kicks. I would have thought another Prodigy track might have been used as they were the kings of techno/rock. I feel the Deftones track was a little weak but not all albums are perfect! More Rage Against The Machine? Hey, it works. Oakenfold has done a fantastic job creating the superb "Dread Rock" - Totally inspiring and adrenaline filled to the very last second. The bonus CD is astounding, with Animatrix bits and pieces and "The Making Of" Enter The Matrix (video game). Dave Matthews Band have a quality track on here and are finally getting some recognition for their work, be it a remix by Oakenfold or not. Don Davis' score pieces leave a firm imprint in your mind, reminding you what The Matrix is all about. With some Juno Reactor remixes too, I couldn't ask for a better compilation album at the moment. A total must for any fan of music from The Matrix Reloaded!

5.0 out of 5 stars Rock? Matrix? They Go Hand In Hand..., 24 April 2003
This review is from: The Rock Matrix (Audio CD)
I got this album today, wondering if I'd be happy with it. I've been searching for a compilation of this style of music for a long time now and this two disc set is a god send, so to speak. It fuses all genres of rock, techno and dance with a unique style and feel. The track listing is cleverly put together, with each track complimenting the other. Classics such as The Prodigy and The Crystal Method Remix of Garbage "I think I'm Paranoid" are absolutely aesthetic to the ear. The opening track by fear factory totally sets the tone of this album and is well worth a listen. Ambient beats, rampant riffs and sampling heaven. Jack in to the matrix and enjoy this CD!

Offered by Direct Entertainment UK

5.0 out of 5 stars A Total MUST For Any Fan of Music from THE MATRIX, 24 April 2003
This review is from: The Rock Matrix (Audio CD)
I got this album today, wondering if I'd be happy with it. I've been searching for a compilation of this style of music for a long time now and this two disc set is a god send, so to speak. It fuses all genres of rock, techno and dance with a unique style and feel. The track listing is cleverly put together, with each track complimenting the other. Classics such as The Prodigy and The Crystal Method Remix of Garbage "I think I'm Paranoid" are absolutely aesthetic to the ear. The opening track by fear factory totally sets the tone of this album and is well worth a listen. Ambient beats, rampant riffs and sampling heaven. Miss this, miss out.