Profile for Filmcrazy > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-16
simplehuman Bin Liners (50), Code R, 10 Litre, CW0245
simplehuman Bin Liners (50), Code R, 10 Litre, CW0245
Offered by Homeware & Gifts

5.0 out of 5 stars Bought this for use with the LUXEHOME Overlap Bin (see ..., 11 July 2016
Bought this for use with the LUXEHOME Overlap Bin (see link below) which they fit perfectly providing a leak proof lining to the bin.

LUXEHOME Overlap Open Top Oval Leather Metal Trash Can, Capacity 8 Liter/2 Gal, Looks Attractive Without Liners, Assorted Color (Red)
Offered by LoveYouHome

5.0 out of 5 stars Very sturdy and decorative., 11 July 2016
Very nice litter bin suitable for a small office, dining room, living etc.

All metal construction with the outer decorated sleeve slipping over the inner one. The base of the bin had a rubber/plastic seal so it will not stretch laminate flooring or leave a mark on the carpet.

The oval shape size is 25cm on the long side by 19cm on the short and 27cm high. Though I suppose following the events of 23rd June that should read 10 inches by 9 inches by 10 1/2 inches.

The outer part has a leatherette type covering and I have both the tan and red and they look very good indeed with the bin top being a 1 inch or 2.6 cm chrome band.

With the outer (decorative part) sliding over the inner if you do line the bin with a bag the ends can be tucked under. I have found that the Simplehuman size "R" bag fits the bin perfectly.

"Scindapsus Njoy Devils Ivy Epipremnum" Plant in Hanging Pot
"Scindapsus Njoy Devils Ivy Epipremnum" Plant in Hanging Pot

5.0 out of 5 stars Very lush plant, 11 July 2016
Very nice plant worth every penny.

Plenty of shoots and healthy growth and in a pot that allows for some water retention without over watering.

Very pleased indeed.

The only slightly down side was that the box was damaged, with slight damage to the plant, and the large "This Way Up" sticker on the side of the box being beyond the comprehension of the YODEL person who handed me the package upside down. Oh dear!

Case Logic clcdw320 CD Wallet Holds 320 CDs or 160 with Booklets
Case Logic clcdw320 CD Wallet Holds 320 CDs or 160 with Booklets

5.0 out of 5 stars Holds the CDs and booklets with ease and a well constructed case, 9 Mar. 2016
I bought this to house my CD collection from Time Life in years past of 1970s, 1980s and rock music.

This unit easy dealt with the contents with enough rough to hold the information booklet that came with each CD so each side of the enclosed panels now holds 2 CDs and booklets. In total 140 CDs are now stored safely saving me 120 CD jewel spaces on my shelves and that is a lot of room saved. With a complete zip around seal the CDs will now be protected from dust and covers fading in the sunlight.

The unit has a 20 pouch area in the front cover which is designed to DVD/Blue Ray covers if the unit is going to be used for that purpose and I think would easily hold 16 such papers covers per pocket of the pouch if fully used to store 320 DVD/BRs. Would have been better if the manufacturer had included this 20 pouch area inside the back cover as well to provide better protection.

The CD pages (pouches) inside (there are 40 doubled sided ones holding 8 CDs each) are held in place with two webbing straps that can be released to remove a page as desired, the pages themselves being made of black strong woven plastic with the clear plastic holder being stitched to the front which makes it extremely strong and provides full protection for the media. The outside of the unit is a strong plastic type of material and the carrying handle is both riveted and stitched on giving it good strength.

All told well please the item which saves an awful lot of space and will consider buying another one soon.

Brown ceramic oval cactus tray planter 27 cm long
Brown ceramic oval cactus tray planter 27 cm long
Offered by Lotex24 United Kingdom

2.0 out of 5 stars Very good but let down by the uneven surfsce and poor finish., 9 Mar. 2016
Items arrived safely and were extremely well packaged. Seems they were sent from Germany and the enclosed invoice was in Polish.

The items themselves are as pictured BUT the "old wood effect" glaze does not cover the whole bowl on the inside, just the first 4 cm's, revealing the white earthenware pot below.

The actual glaze is quite rough in areas and patchy in others, revealing the white pot underneath on the outside, giving me the impression that these are firing "seconds" rather than the best and this is the reason for the low star rating.

I expect it would cost an earth to return them so I am keeping them and have rubbed down the outside and put some enamel paint on them instead.

As for their function as cactus planters: perfect, each holds three small cacti as I hoped and look quite impressive (albeit that these holders are now painted white).

These are very clever and useful planters just let down by patchy and uneven finish.

Apple Watch Case, JETech 42mm Apple Watch Protective Case for Apple Watch 2015 (Black) (42mm - Black)
Offered by JEDirect UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Fits perfectly and provides peace of mind protection., 3 Mar. 2016
Bought this to use with the iwatch sport.

Its fits perfectly snapping onto the underside of the watch without marking, holds firmly at all times (cannot make it wobble) and gives total protection with no loss of the touch sensitive screen when selecting apps.

The unit also gives some protection to the two side buttons, particularly the rotation wheel, which prevents them pressing in in error when moving.

All told this a perfect protection for the iwatch (and upper case), is easy to remove and replace when cleaning and great value at the price.

Cannot fault this item in anyway.

Fitbit Charge HR Heart Rate and Activity Wristband  - Black, Large
Fitbit Charge HR Heart Rate and Activity Wristband - Black, Large

5.0 out of 5 stars A lifestyle changing device., 26 Feb. 2016
I have been using this product for four weeks and have waited that long to give it a good run before posting a review.

Is the unit totally accurate in what it records - No!
When you consider that units that record the same data for top athletes run on mains electricity and need a small truck to move and this units total electronics is about the size of two fruit pastilles how could it be? It records roughly the correct data and for most people (me included) this is enough to monitor what I am doing and makes healthy decisions. Of the things it records:-

Steps.
It does seem to show more steps than I am actually taking and I am not sure why. I believe it bases "steps" on heart rate but it should be able to tell you are not walking if you are in the same place (sitting down). But noting how many steps it says I am taking against how many I do take it is easy to get a fairly accurate figure deducting one from the other.

Stairs.
It does not always record going up stairs and sometimes states that I have gone up stairs when I have not. The unit works on air pressure measurement and requires a 10 foot height change to register as a stair. I live in a 1930's property which has three floors and would imagine that there is 10 feet between floors. To solve the issue as I get to the top of a staircase I raise my arm with the unit on it above my head and the climb is recorded. On one day it recorded that I had gone up 14 stairs when I had gone up none. A check of the barograph showed the reason why as there was a fast change in pressure as a weather depression moved on.

Heartrate.
I have found this to be spot-on and in agreement with other devices I have so no issues here.

Exercise/active minutes.
I have experienced no issues in this area. It records in this area when having a walk and shows not only the time but calories burnt and heartrate. My main exercise/active minutes involves using an indoor fixed exercise bike and there is no facility within the Fitbit app to tell it this. The best I can do is tell it I am using a bike rather than an outdoor bike which it has a setting for. Perhaps this is the reason is shows more steps than I have taken. It records well during an activity session though differs in the calories burned from the reading on the bike itself and a reading from an iwatch for the same exercise. So I presume the correct figure is between the Fitbit reading and the bike reading and use this as guide.

Sleep.
Seems to record alright and I have had no real issue with this. It does tend to record quiet times (reading a book for instance) as a sleep period but this can easily be removed within the app.

Sync.
I have experienced no issues of any sort with perfect communication between the Fitbit and my iPhone 6.

Battery.
No issues here. I have worn the Fitbit 24/7 and only take it off when having a shower (as it is not waterproof) and put it on charge when I do so. It gets about 15 minutes of charging. I have only charged the unit once fully (when I got it four weeks ago) and never had to give a full charge since. The 15 minutes per day keeps it charged at about 90% tops to down to 75% As a result the only lose data recording is when I have to take it off to do the necessaries.

The App.
I have experienced no issues with Fitbit App which is installed on an iPhone 6. It paired with the iPhone first time and there have been no problems with the transfer of data. The App shows all the data in a very clear way and you can actually see progress within the various recordings. For me this is the differing heart rate zones for the daily cycle with a movement down from peak to more cardio. The app also shows the calories burned as a graph during the exercise along with the heartrate. Very clever and a useful guide. The best thing about the App in the calories section. The calories used might be not be100% accurate (back to the steps again) but the calories eaten is if you are truthful about it. When you use this part of the App you type/tap in a food and it shows the calories and other data for that product. You can adjust the amount consumed by weight or number. I have only found one food type that it not specifically list but it had something so similar as to make no difference. This part has me more away of what I am eating and what is in the products I purchase as for each product it shows the calories,fat, sugars, vitamins etc. The App is worth having just for this information alone.

So all told its five stars. It may not be perfect. It may not be recording 100% accurately but then few things in life are 100% efficient including me! As a first generation of these devices I think it is extremely clever and gives me enough information to be able to make judgements and decisions about my health and has already brought about some changes in lifestyle at the ripe old age of 58. I would recommend this product unreservedly.

The Visit [Blu-ray] [2015]
The Visit [Blu-ray] [2015]
Dvd ~ Kathryn Harn

5.0 out of 5 stars A clever film with a surpise ending., 26 Feb. 2016
A very enjoyable film in the much overused "Blair Witch" style which the makers have managed to inject new life into.

The films story is a very simple one: Two children (age 15 & 13) who have never met their grandparents on thier mothers side due to a family argument 20 years before finally get to visit them and decide to keep a video diary of the week they stay there - but something is not quite right!

I would argue that this not a horror film (no hack and slash), not a paranormal film (no ghostly or unexplained events) nor a suspense film (no overpowering music building the tension).

It is one of those films where everything seems fairly normal, the story trundles along but you know it is building up to something but it is not clear what that something is and this compels you to keep watching.

The "something" or ending is unexpected and really very clever (not going to spoil it here) and there is some violence in the last 5 minutes.

A little gem of a film on an old theme but cleverly reworked. Buy and enjoy!

Fitbit Charge HR Screen Protector (10-Pack) - QIBOX Premium Clear Shatterproof Screen Protector for Fitbit Charge HR Wireless Activity Wristband, Anti-Fingerprint & Anti-Scratch Film Cover
Offered by MIDITECH

1.0 out of 5 stars Fails in every area unless you have a discount it appears., 31 Jan. 2016
Arrived quickly.

First film failed to stick at all and the second one started to ride up in the corner after several hours.

I am experienced in using these type of films as all my Apple products have been fitted with films with no problems at all.

Rest of the packet has been dumped.

TO NOTE: unlike most reviews for this product I did not receive it as a discount in exchange for an "honest and fair review" (sic!), Of these "fair and honest" reviewers none seem to have purchased or reviewed the Fitbit HR when looking at their profiles. Perhaps they are applying it to something else and using stock pictures? I have raised this fact and the reviews with Amazon themselves.

AS OF TODAY, 01.02.16: 82 reviews of which 51 are positive. Of those 51 there are 37 "Discount reviews (honest and air you know)". So that leaves 14 ordinary reviews which are positive and 31 which are negative!

I shall read reviews more carefully in future especially the non-discount ones and ignore the rest.

My advice is to avoid this product, its simply not up to the mark.

Nescafé Dolce Gusto Coffee Machine and Beverage Maker Melody 3 Play and Select by De'Longhi EDG625.B - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice design, good functions, great coffee, 27 Jan. 2016
Bought to replace a previous Melody (Krupps) which has developed the usual leak outside of the warranty period.

I have found the Melody machines are more reliable of the range for these pods, more so if you don't remove the water tank to fill it but fill on the machine using a kettle etc. My experience is that the weak point of these machines (and I have had several different models) is the tendency to leak from the connector of water tank to the body of the machine.

Nice design on the Melody 3 where the water lever (hot or cold) has been replaced by a button either side of the water wheel and looks quite smart with the chrome pod lever and handle. Do not understand why it has a bright red mains cable and plug though when the unit is black.This wheel allows to select the amount of water dispensed per pod from a setting of one to seven.

I am one of those coffee drinkers who has no time for an egg cup full but want a mug and the Melody 3 allows for making a consistent coffee every time without the hit and miss of judging it by cup contents. For a perfect cappuccino I use setting 4 for the coffee pod and setting 5 for the milk pod. This gives me a perfect mug full every time.

What is a bonus is that once you have set the water for the pod, my setting 4 for the coffee pod for example the machine dispenses the set amount of water and then stops so no more watching the cup. I have had a few senior moments making coffee where I had not been paying attention and failed to stop the machine before a latte flood. This takes care of that.

All told I am very pleased with this machine and the functions it offers and as it is from a well renowned manufacturer I expect a trouble free time.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-16