Profile for Jojo Allen > Reviews

Salted Caramel Indulgence Green Tea * 20 Teabags
Salted Caramel Indulgence Green Tea * 20 Teabags
Offered by E.U. Xtores

3.0 out of 5 stars OK, but not great!, 22 May 2015
For a wonderful taste and real black tea try Bigelow's salted caramel tea bags.
A bit expensive because they're on import, but well worth the money.
These Twinings are just passable.

Bigelow Salted Caramel, 20 Count (Pack of 6) by Bigelow
Bigelow Salted Caramel, 20 Count (Pack of 6) by Bigelow
Offered by Sam Store US

5.0 out of 5 stars REAL TEA, GREAT TASTE!!!, 22 May 2015
I'm not big on flavoured teas.
Have tried other salted caramel tea bags, but these are absolutely YUMMY!!!
The best part is they contain a black tea which provides a healthy dose of caffeine and is perfect for that morning wake up shot.
No fru-fru designer tea here.
Great taste and a nice kick for those who need one.

I Must Say: My Life as a Humble Comedy Legend
I Must Say: My Life as a Humble Comedy Legend
by Martin Short

5.0 out of 5 stars Short's book is long on entertainment!!!, 22 May 2015
I love Martin Short. Always have.
From his days with SCTV and later, SNL, he is a comic genuis.
This book is a welcomed addition to his many years of brilliant comedy.
Funny, but achingly touching, sometimes downright sad.
I devoured the book, wanting more.
Can't recommend it enough!!!

Reflections from Hell : Richard Lewis' Guide On How Not To Live
Reflections from Hell : Richard Lewis' Guide On How Not To Live
by Richard Lewis

5.0 out of 5 stars Different and beautiful!!!, 22 May 2015
Richard Lewis has been on the cutting edge of comedy since he first appeared on the scene more than 40 years ago.
His new book is a lovely piece of work with Lewis's one liners and observations on life brilliantly illustrated by Carl Nicholas Titolo, another innovative artist.
The presentation is different and beautiful.
Buy this!!!

Ro Sham Bo
Ro Sham Bo

5.0 out of 5 stars Power pop with a pedigree!, 15 Mar. 2015
This review is from: Ro Sham Bo (Audio CD)
What a shame there was only one album recorded by this bunch!
This is power pop with a pedigree and purpose, much like Imperial Drag, Roger Manning and Andy Sturmer's post Jellyfish band effort, but I must say I like The Grays album more.
A lot of what you love (and miss) about Jellyfish is on this CD.
I find it ironic that Jason Faulkner reportedly left that band because he was having a hard time getting his songs on their albums, over the ones written by Roger Manning and Andy Sturmer.
It had to be a political issue because any of these Grays songs would have fit, even enhanced a Jellyfish record.
By the way, Jason Faulkner's solo albums are also worth having in your collection.

Nilsson: The Life of a Singer-Songwriter
Nilsson: The Life of a Singer-Songwriter
by Alyn Shipton

4.0 out of 5 stars Everybody should be talking about Harry!, 20 Feb. 2015
Interesting book, especially as there has never been all that much information out there about this great artist.
If you also buy the 5 star boxed set of all his albums (including three discs of demos, outtakes and unreleased material) and listen as you go you'll get a better picture of the ups and downs of the man's career.

Shadows In The Night
Shadows In The Night

4.0 out of 5 stars To be Frank..., 5 Feb. 2015
This review is from: Shadows In The Night (Audio CD)
I'm not sure how I feel about this album. I may never be certain.
As a matter of fact, I may feel differently about it depending on when and where I hear it.
You're either going to be glad that you own this CD or you're not.
There's no point in reviewing Dylan's motivation in recording this particular group of tunes or the imperfections in his voice, when they have been there to one degree or another since day one.
If we've learned anything about Dylan it's that we still may not have heard it all, even at this later stage of his career.
If I have any real critique it would be that the dynamic of the album doesn't vary from track to track and makes for kind of a samey listen after a few songs go by.
I guess you have to ask yourself whether you need this in your Dylan collection.
Did you buy the Xmas album a few years back?
Did you enjoy it and/or ever listen to it again?
Those answers will reveal more about you as a fan than it does Dylan as an artist.
He's going where he's going without looking back to see whose following him.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 21, 2015 11:57 AM GMT

Spilt Milk
Spilt Milk

5.0 out of 5 stars Great album, but do we have the 'extras' already???, 27 Jan. 2015
This review is from: Spilt Milk (Audio CD)
Jellyfish are one of the most underrated bands in pop history and I love and own everything they recorded, in the studio, 'live', home demos.
Having gotten that and the insufficient 5 stars out of the way I would love to know if the bonus tracks on the two deluxe reissues are also on the hard to find (and afford) boxed set, Fanclub, which I am happy to say I grabbed while I could.
I'm almost hoping they aren't so I can enjoy two other whole discs of music I've never heard before, but there is a disc of Bellybutton demos and one for Spilt Milk as well in the box and a couple discs of 'live' recordings.
How much more can there be besides that?
I started a discussion on this subject but there has been no response.
I'm guessing no one will really know until someone buys the reissues and spreads the word.
Fingers crossed it's (at least mostly) unreleased material!
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 19, 2015 7:00 PM GMT

Disney Frozen OLAF 6 Piece Dinner Set - Plate, Bowl, Tumbler, Knife, Fork and Spoon - Official merchandise
Offered by textiles-4-home

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVELY SET!!!, 18 Jan. 2015
This gift was a BIG WINNER!
The child to whom I gave it now wants his every meal with Olaf!!!

Frozen Disney Olaf Mug, Frozen Disney Olaf Mug 2
Frozen Disney Olaf Mug, Frozen Disney Olaf Mug 2
Offered by Collectiblegiftsonline

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVELY!, 18 Jan. 2015
The child I bought this item for absolutely loved it and now wants all his drinks in his Olaf cup!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-18