Profile for S. Smith > Reviews

Content by S. Smith

S. Smith (Bucks, UK but rather be in Las Vegas)

Page: 1 | 2
Mendini MDS80-GN Full Size Drum Set - Green
Mendini MDS80-GN Full Size Drum Set - Green

4.0 out of 5 stars Warehouse deal - box was scary but contents just fine..., 9 July 2016
Bought as a used-good amazon warehouse deal for £65, box was in v poor condition but drum kit and stool as new. The cymbals aren't great (even for a beginner) but they can (and will) be replaced. Very happy with the kit, even happier with the price, all in all, a good beginners kit.

Rivers of London (PC Peter Grant Book Book 1)
Rivers of London (PC Peter Grant Book Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent start to a series, 28 Sept. 2014
Engaging story, excellent characters and written in a very visual way - it feels almost like a screenplay. Familiar with the area of London and so really enjoyed that aspect too. Drew me into the following books in the series.

Kipling Women's Bagsational Shoulder Bag  Green Grün (Heather Olive) Size: 39x35x16 cm (B x H x T)
Kipling Women's Bagsational Shoulder Bag Green Grün (Heather Olive) Size: 39x35x16 cm (B x H x T)

5.0 out of 5 stars ... carry on luggage on recent holiday - it was perfect for this with a large main compartment with a ..., 28 Sept. 2014
Bought this bag to use as carry on luggage on recent holiday - it was perfect for this with a large main compartment with a full zip and two big side pockets, both with a magnetic closure. Comfortable to carry on your shoulder or in your hand. Very pleased (and deal of the day price was excellent). I was too slow to get the black tropic pattern but the colour is growing on me. Will probably use for a work bag - plenty of room for tablet, notebooks, etc.

Kipling Women's Olvie Wallet K15314B79 Tropic Flower B
Kipling Women's Olvie Wallet K15314B79 Tropic Flower B

4.0 out of 5 stars ... larger than I'm used to) and so feels more like a clutch bag (I've used it as such on ..., 28 Sept. 2014
This is a big wallet (much larger than I'm used to) and so feels more like a clutch bag (I've used it as such on a night out). But it is a good size if you want everything (including your phone) in one place. Not sure I'll use it as an every day purse though.

All Over The World: The Very Best Of ELO
All Over The World: The Very Best Of ELO

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 17 Aug. 2014
just as good as I remembered - happy summer music

Kipling Women's Hiphurray Tote Dark Fushia K11285182
Kipling Women's Hiphurray Tote Dark Fushia K11285182

5.0 out of 5 stars Very happy..., 18 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Kipling Hiphurray Tote (Shoes)
Bought bag for gym kit - makes great shoe bag, and useful internal pocket. Draw strings are a bit tight, but handles are useful and it's easy to find!

Summer of Love
Summer of Love

4.0 out of 5 stars Katie Fforde doesn't disappoint, 9 Nov. 2013
This review is from: Summer of Love (Kindle Edition)
Another splendid Katie Fforde book (slightly different - which is a good thing) and fun to read. Empathetic characters - if you've read her books before, you'll enjoy this and if you haven't, it is charming.

Anansi Boys
Anansi Boys

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 9 Nov. 2013
This review is from: Anansi Boys (Kindle Edition)
Thought provoking, funny and complicated - a really good read. Made me want to re-read American Gods, which can only be a good thing!

The Big Over Easy: Nursery Crime Adventures 1 (Nursery crimes)
The Big Over Easy: Nursery Crime Adventures 1 (Nursery crimes)

4.0 out of 5 stars fun, pun-filled read, 9 Nov. 2013
I love the Thursday Next books and this was in a similar vein - clever and funny in equal measure... looking forward to reading the next one.

Fly London Mes, Women's Boots, Crimson, 7 UK
Fly London Mes, Women's Boots, Crimson, 7 UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely comfortable boots (but they aren't purple), 9 Nov. 2013
I went shopping for new boots and saw someone wearing a brown pair of these and asked where she got them from - she was so lovely and even let me try them on, so it was obvious that I should buy a pair. The price on Amazon was excellent and so I ordered two pairs (these and the matte brown ones).

Main thing - they are so comfortable. I really struggle to find boots that will fit my calves and which are soft on my feet. When I got them out of the box I was really worried - the tops look very narrow and they were almost impossible to get on. To the extent that I was going to send both pairs back and buy a different size. But I didn't....
1. if they seem a bit tight at first, letting out the buckles by one hole will really help
2. they do give (both the patent and the matte leather)
3. even with my wide feet, they are a really good fit

Given my advanced age, most friends who have seen them have described them as oxblood but I'd say they are a red-y plum-y colour... After two weeks, they are creasing and softening/stretching and I'll probably do the buckles back up, but I'm very pleased with both pairs and now I don't need to worry about boots for the winter.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 21, 2013 9:15 PM GMT