Profile for Mr. P. J. Howes > Reviews

Content by Mr. P. J. Howes

Mr. P. J. Howes "watersportpete" (Brighton&Hove, UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Hundertwasser: Complete Graphic Works 1951-1976
Hundertwasser: Complete Graphic Works 1951-1976
by Wieland Schmied

5.0 out of 5 stars A book to light up your library, thrill and inspire you at the same time., 10 Dec. 2015
Photographs of products on Amazon do not always mention their sizes: this book is a wee one - approx. 15cm height x 12cm width - BUT WHAT A BOOK! The first thing I noticed was its 170 gsm black velvet-offset paper, then its beautiful reproductions of Hundertwasser's work. When I say "beautiful" I mean "breathtakingly beautiful" for each illustration - and there are 98 of them - is printed in 4 scale colours, gold & silver, metal embossing in 9 colours, and I cannot stop picking up this little book to marvel at the quality of it. It is a touchable-feelable book. There are 144 pages in all - and these are filled with beautiful thoughts, such as: "The Lines I trace with my FEET WALKING to the Museum are more important than the lines I find there hung up on the walls." and the lettering, either Souvenir or "Regentag" (Rainy Day), the latter created by Hundertwasser himself, is artwork too. This is a lovingly-created book, redolent of the love of art and the love of books. The hard-linen cover is bound with red-thread: perfection! I want to give a copy of this to ALL my book-loving and art-loving friends. It is beautiful purchase. Thank you, Alfredo

Trodat 4912 Printy Typo D-I-Y Stamp Kits Ink Tweezers and Lettering 3mm 4mm 4 Line Ref 60143
Offered by Athena Stamps Ltd (VAT Reg)

5.0 out of 5 stars Useful, practical and reasonably priced too!, 24 Nov. 2015
So good I bought a second one! Just one tip, once you have used a series of letters etc. and you need to remove them, do clean them off before replacing in the storage pads as it makes them easier to find later on!

Simandra Men's Trousers Black Brown
Simandra Men's Trousers Black Brown

3.0 out of 5 stars wash before wearing, 24 Nov. 2015
fabric a trifle hard and the hang is too full for a man - maybe after a wash they'll hang better...

HCMY Gray Colors G-CUP Positioning Men's Sport & Swim Loose Shorts Trunks Size M

5.0 out of 5 stars Do yourself a favour and double every order for these - great fabric and sensual fitting too, 24 Nov. 2015
Wish I'd ordered three pairs! Fab fit and great fabric, these are so comfy I could live in them when not being the naturist I love to be...

Breathable Mens Mini Briefs with Flex Waistband, White M
Breathable Mens Mini Briefs with Flex Waistband, White M

4.0 out of 5 stars Love the see-through style!, 24 Nov. 2015
Great to wear and to see (through) but fabric not my favourite down the sides (not because of see-through but because of texture)

Jack Smith Men's Briefs Multicoloured Multicoloured -  Yellow - Medium
Jack Smith Men's Briefs Multicoloured Multicoloured - Yellow - Medium

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab Briefs put sexy wear back in forefront!, 24 Nov. 2015
absolutely comfy and look great also!

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Great fit and good for swimming & posing too!, 24 Nov. 2015
really feel fab to wear & swim in

When Stravinsky Met Nijinsky: Two Artists, Their Ballet, and One Extraordinary Riot
by Lauren Stringer

5.0 out of 5 stars Another mistaken purchase that turned out brilliantly!, 31 July 2013
Yup. I am researching dance for a book I am writing on the music of the dance so thought I hadn't studied this book yet and ordered it. IT IS A CHILDREN'S BOOK. IT IS BRILLIANT! The inspiration of its authorship and the fabulous illustrations have captivated me. For all parents whose children love music, this will whet their appetites. Go on, play them the music too...I heartily recommend this book for adults to enjoy reading too.

Wahl No.1-4 Attachment Comb Set Metal Backed - WAH3111800
Wahl No.1-4 Attachment Comb Set Metal Backed - WAH3111800
Offered by BestStuff UK

5.0 out of 5 stars These are the best...., 31 July 2013
because I bought the clipper too, which comes with all the necessary attachments (which I did not know at the time) BUT not as solid as these ones which I have elected to use in preference always. So glad I made the error and bought them!

Quinto - Antonio Zambujo
Quinto - Antonio Zambujo

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this laid-back not fado-vocals really, but in the style of fado, 17 May 2013
This is easy to listen to even if you're not strictly a fan of true fado - which I am - but I love Zambujo's insouciant style.

Page: 1 | 2