Profile for David Stavros > Reviews

Content by David Stavros

David Stavros (Nottingham)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
V Pillow with FREE Grey Silver Pillowcase Orthopaedic Pregnancy Nursing Support V Shape Pillow

4.0 out of 5 stars You get what you pay for., 19 April 2015
For the price, this is fine. I would consider spending more on a pillow with better stuffing in the future, however, as this flattens too quickly to offer genuine, lasting support. The pillowcase design makes it difficult to take off and put back on, it would be better if it were opened at the side rather than the end.

Despite the complaints, I do understand that you get what you pay for. I could not expect much more than this for the price, so I still feel it is worthy of a favourable score when value is considered.

Barq's Root Beer 24
Barq's Root Beer 24
Offered by SOUTH AFRICAN FOODS

5.0 out of 5 stars Accept no substitutes., 19 April 2015
This review is from: Barq's Root Beer 24 (Misc.)
The absolute best root beer available. I would not make a float with anything else.

Philibert Routin Toffee Crunch Syrup 1L + Pump
Philibert Routin Toffee Crunch Syrup 1L + Pump
Offered by A1 Coffee

3.0 out of 5 stars Consider it a back-up., 19 April 2015
This syrup is okay, although after long consideration I find it sickly compared to Monin, with a stronger sense of an artificial aftertaste. I was surprised when this came in a plastic bottle, and further surprised at how often the pump has become blocked by the syrup crystallising within it despite regular use.

I think Routin is a half-decent option if it comes in a flavour which you desperately want and are struggling to find elsewhere, but it would not be my first choice. The cheap plastic bottle and flimsy, unreliable pump are problems for which you should be prepared.

No Title Available

2.0 out of 5 stars Cheap, probable imitation., 19 April 2015
I strongly suspect that this item is not a genuine Nebo. I have owned one before and this simply lacked the feeling of solidity and quality that I associate with the brand. It felt cheap and plasticky, and I was not at all surprised when the laser function ceased to work after less than a week. Avoid this.

Good Girl Cat To Nature Scratcher Cat Toy
Good Girl Cat To Nature Scratcher Cat Toy
Offered by Needspares

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheap and durable, 19 April 2015
This has seen repeated heavy use over the course of several months and is still in great shape. My cat cannot walk past it without a good scratch and I am pleasantly surprised at how well something this cheap is holding up. Really wonderful value.

Premium Natural Blonde Hair Lightening Spray with Camomile Extract - Blondes & Brunettes Get Your Chosen Blonde Shade the Easy & Simple Way with No Damage, Stains or Unpleasant Smells (100ml)
Offered by Forever Young 24-7

4.0 out of 5 stars The half of it I got to use was nice, 19 April 2015
The product itself is very nice. It has gently lightened my hair as advertised without irritating my skin at all. My hair still feels nice following repeated use and I got what I hoped for from the product.

While the product is good, the problem with this lies in the packaging. For the price you pay, it is fair to expect a much more durable bottle than you are given. If you are travelling, please strongly consider transferring the spray to a different bottle unless you want to lose half of it and leave your entire luggage smelling like camomile.

Cooksmart Don't Mess with The Chef Gauntlet
Cooksmart Don't Mess with The Chef Gauntlet

5.0 out of 5 stars Still going strong, 19 April 2015
This does perform the most important function of any oven glove - I have yet to burn my hands in several months of usage. I have held off on a review until after this has been used and regularly washed over a reasonable period, and I am happy to report that the function is still intact. Excellent value.

Mool Lightweight Fabric Pet Carrier Crate with Fleece Mat and Food Bag - (43 x 28 x 29 cm), Blue
Offered by Mail Order Online Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value, performs exactly as expected., 19 April 2015
Bought this as an occasional carrier for a small cat and it fits the bill nicely. At this price you aren't expecting the most durable or sturdy materials, and that expectation is borne out here - I would not recommend using this for bigger pets.

For a cheap option for carrying a small pet over short distances, this was exactly what I hoped for. Realistically priced and neither I nor my cat had any issues with it.Please consider a sturdier option if your needs are different.

Premier Housewares Spring Form Cake Tins - Set of 3, Black
Premier Housewares Spring Form Cake Tins - Set of 3, Black

1.0 out of 5 stars Cheap rubbish., 18 Feb. 2015
Cheap pans with unreliable non-stick coating. After the first use a large portion of the coating chipped off before I'd even had a chance to wash up. You get what you pay for and these are basically disposable.

Omega Paw Roll'n Clean Self Cleaning Litter Box Regular
Omega Paw Roll'n Clean Self Cleaning Litter Box Regular

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than the motorized litter boxes!, 5 Jan. 2015
I've tried multiple motorized litter boxes and always ended up with problems with jamming. Finally I got tired of fixing the rake and replaced it with the Omega Paw. My cat prefers the privacy of a covered box anyway, and rolling this litter box to strain instead of using a scoop is easier and more hygienic. Use a clumping litter and everything gathers easily in the pull out bin. I hope this design never goes out of production as I don't know any other litter box I'd prefer to use.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3