Profile for Honeywell > Reviews

Learn to Sign with Olli: The Fun Way to Learn Sign Language
Learn to Sign with Olli: The Fun Way to Learn Sign Language
by Garry Slack

2.0 out of 5 stars Right for right kind of person, 7 April 2010
I was disappointed with this book for my purpose.All the reviews had persuaded me to go for it but it was far too detailed and in depth than required at pre-nursery. The Child's play series of signing are much better in this way when you can sit a child on your knee in a spare 10 or so minutes and sign along to pictures of animals or whatever and enjoy signing together. Pictures are great too. Oli is a bit more serious and builds up vocabularly and experience with repetition as a whole and I can imagine as the other buyers have said that for the photographic reference of what each sign looks like and how to form it - this is the ideal book.

First Holy Communion Charm Bracelet
First Holy Communion Charm Bracelet

5.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeous and refreshingly different!, 18 Mar. 2010
I can't believe how many hours I have spent online to try and find some jewelery for my daughter to wear on her special Holy Communion Day that is just that bit different, not tacky and not requiring me to pay postage from the USA!!. It has just arrived today and I am delighted! The photo on Amazon is very poor (dreary looking!) and doesn't do the bracelet justice at all - in fact I was a bit dubious of what it would be like...BUT
It came with a lovely string gift bag (flat packed) and the white leather look box was protected with a nice cardboard sheath from scratches etc. Inside the box was white with a sticker aptly saying on your First Holy Communion and a little picture of girl praying.The bracelet is lovely and 'new' looking (Very LINKS at a tenth of the price of their sweetie bracelets!) - shiny and the charms are divine - just the right small size to hang off a child's wrist.
I think if you are looking for something other than a rosary bracelet or missal or bible or teddy then this is it for £20! Fabulous. Prompt delivery in a jiffy bag.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 25, 2013 11:28 AM BST

Caprice
Caprice

5.0 out of 5 stars Very uplifting and enjoyable, 20 Jan. 2010
This review is from: Caprice (Audio CD)
My daughter has a flair for playing the trumpet apparently so with this in mind we thought we would get this because Ms Balsom is a great role model I think and there's not a brass bandstand in sight. The picked arrangements keep the pace of the CD going and most are uplifting versions, light, easy and we have enjoyed listening to it all over Christmas. I would highly recommend especially if Like myself you are looking for an introduction to the sounds of trumpet music that are contempory as opposed to listening to music you might hear as an OAP on Brighton beach!!

The Official BBC Children in Need Medley [DVD AUDIO]
The Official BBC Children in Need Medley [DVD AUDIO]
Offered by A ENTERTAINMENT

5.0 out of 5 stars Enormously entertaining!, 20 Jan. 2010
I bought this for my daughter's stocking filler. It's incredibly well done/animated and fun to listen to. Great to have the track and the DVD combined and glad to sponsor a good cause.

Sophie is Seven (The Sophie stories)
Sophie is Seven (The Sophie stories)
by Dick King-Smith

5.0 out of 5 stars Charming & Endearing, 12 Feb. 2008
These books are simply delightful, witty, charming, insightfully written (especially if you have children) and equally enjoyable to listen to on audio CD as reading the actual book. Bernard Cribbins captivates the young spirit of Sophie who is also determined & forthright soon to be a 'lady farmer' one day! I can't wait for my daughters 7th birthday when I plan to give her 'Sophie is seven!'

Sir Cumference and the Knights of the First Round Table (A Math Adventure)
Sir Cumference and the Knights of the First Round Table (A Math Adventure)
by Cindy Neuschwander

5.0 out of 5 stars Math adventure in Camelot, 12 Feb. 2008
This series of books are a must for any primary teacher introducing Geometry (parts of a circle) in class. Superbly illustrated the stories about Sir Cumference, Lady Di of Ameter (get it?) and Radius their son cannot but captivate a young audience (ideally suited to 6yrs+) I also bought Sir Cumference and the Great Knight of Angleland which also delivered an almost Harry Potteresque puzzle adventure. I hope to collect them all!

A Place for Zero: A Math Adventure (Charlesbridge Math Adventures) (Charlesbridge Math Adventures (Paperback))
by Angeline Sparagna Lopresti

5.0 out of 5 stars Zero my hero!, 12 Feb. 2008
This is a great book which my 6 year old girl loves. Join all the characters in Digitaria....King Multiplus & Queen Addeleine...Count Infinity...(you get the idea) and Zero as he finds his 'place value' amongst all the other digits. Colourful...well designed....and introduces the concept of 'ten', multiplcation and place value really well to support those dry maths lessons in class!

The Greedy Triangle (Scholastic Bookshelf)
The Greedy Triangle (Scholastic Bookshelf)
by Gordon Silveria

5.0 out of 5 stars Greedy for more!, 12 Feb. 2008
This is an absolutely fabulous book to introduce young children aged 4-7 to shapes, polygons and associated language. The 'shapeshifter' really captured my daughter's imagination (aged 6) as he grants the wishes of Mr. Triangle who is certain that ...."if only he had one more side and one more angle his life would be far more interesting"! This is a great book to introduce geometry and investigations into polygons.

Anno's Magic Seeds (Paperstar Book)
Anno's Magic Seeds (Paperstar Book)
by Mitsumasa Anno

2.0 out of 5 stars Brain Teaser, 12 Feb. 2008
This really is a bit of a brain teaser of a book and not for light hearted bedtime reading. Beautifully illustrated but a little tedious to read at the end of a long day. Repetition of phrases allow for the story to build up a pattern that I could see would make a good starting point if the text was used for classroom use. A little off-beat a bit like Mitsumasa'a other book e.g. Anno's Mysterious Multiplying Jar.

Anno's Mysterious Multiplying Jar
Anno's Mysterious Multiplying Jar
by Mitsumasa Anno

2.0 out of 5 stars Over my head!, 12 Feb. 2008
This book is beautifully illustrated and I'm sure that if you are interested in teaching 'Factorials' then this is the book for you. I was actually looking for a book a little less 'high brow' to read to my daughter (aged 6) to introduce her to the concepts associated with multiplication.