Profile for Ms. J. Smith > Reviews

Content by Ms. J. Smith

Ms. J. Smith (Northampton, UK)

Moldex Contours Natural Shape Adapting Earplugs Size Small - 20 Pairs
Moldex Contours Natural Shape Adapting Earplugs Size Small - 20 Pairs
Offered by HardwareForYou

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for my little ears!, 25 Jun. 2013
Don't normally leave reviews, but these earplugs are excellent. I use earplugs every night because I'm a *very* light sleeper. I also have very small ear canals, so normal earplugs are quite painful and tend to "crawl" out of my ears in the night, even if I trim them. I've been using silicone earplugs for a while, but they're quite expensive (usually over £5 for 3 pairs) and they can break up in your ear if you use the same pair too many times (dangerous!). Also, they tend to slip out in the night too. These Moldex foam ones are fantastic though. They're small and soft - once they were in, I couldn't feel them, which made me think they wouldn't work. They DO work very well for ambient noise (traffic, neighbours etc) though. I'm not sure how they'd work against a snoring partner (since mine doesn't), but they'd definitely be worth a try. They block the noise and don't come out during the night. They were also excellent value - 20 pairs for £3.49, so you can change them more often. I will definitely be buying them again.

Nina Simone - Gold
Nina Simone - Gold

5.0 out of 5 stars Thanks Nina, 23 April 2004
This review is from: Nina Simone - Gold (Audio CD)
A friend once told me that if God existed and had a voice, this is what itwould sound like. Nina Simone has an androgynous, omnipotent sound. Iwould argue that her voice is untouched by ideology - by notions of class,race, and gender - but it's not really true. She's obviously aworking-class African-American woman with important messages, but I liketo think of her as a kind of 'everyman'. My only problem with this albumis that it doesn't feature '(I wish I knew how it would feel to be) Free,'(featured in Film 2004 and that vile Coca-cola ad) but so what - just buyanother album that does. Hell, buy them all. However, the album does havea satisfying 'Civil Rights Movement' edge to it. I had to buy two albumsin order to get all the songs I wanted, but it's worth it.
'See-line Woman,' 'The Other Woman,' 'Please Don't Let Me Misunderstood,'and 'My Baby Just Cares for Me,' were songs that I found really comfortingon a personal level, but this is far from a 'chick album'. The songs inhere can cure all ills for everyone - they're nice for playing whileyou're in the bath, or when you're stressed, tired or upset aboutsomething. Despite this, it's also a very sexy album ('Gimme Some' cameas quite a suprise, even by today's standards!).
My boyfriend hates Jazz, and much prefers the tortured male vocals ofbands like Nirvana, Chilli Peppers, Metallica, and Muse - but even hecan't resist Nina's beautiful, ballsy, honeyed tones. The songs arecheerful, moody, comforting, sexy as hell, inspirational, empowering, andcool. It's full of songs you'll have heard and liked without ever knowingthe artist and title. It's worth at least three times the selling price -so do yourself a favour and buy it.