Profile for beth bee > Reviews

Content by beth bee

beth bee

100 Sheets A4 Self Adhesive Glossy Photo Paper: High gloss white photo paper, waterproof, compatible with inkjet and photo printers by GO Inkjet
Offered by PCUKNET

1.0 out of 5 stars Yellows!, 13 May 2017
As others have said this paper yellows. Choose a different paper.

Certified Organic Pure Henna Powder 200g
Certified Organic Pure Henna Powder 200g
Offered by Jannique Organics

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Henna!, 25 Nov. 2016
For some reason my local health food & toiletries shop has stopped stocking henna, so I hunted around for an alternative. This is twice the price of my old stuff, but it is certified organic, so thought I would give it a go.
I usually use 1.5 packs for my mid length hair so bought 2 packs.
On opening the pack I could see this was going to be colourful stuff! I did my usual method and mixed it to a paste with boiling water to about the consistency of hummus, starting with just one pack. However as I mixed it I realised this henna has a super smooth texture, and added more water to create a looser paste, I then added a few tablespoons of olive oil and let it cool.
The henna went on smoothly and as the consistency was looser, and I used just one pack for my whole head with a wee bit left over. I have dark hair and just like a good ginger-y tint, so left it on for just over 90mins (I have found if I leave henna on overnight I tend to get a deep, dark red finish, but my preference is for the lighter copper/ginger)
The henna washed out easily with generous applications of conditioner, and was super-bright! It did stain my scalp a bit more than the old stuff, but no doubt after a couple washes this will be gone.
So overall, very happy with this product and would not hesitate to recommend!

Kipling Women's Alvar Shoulder Bag, Wine Red Lacq
Kipling Women's Alvar Shoulder Bag, Wine Red Lacq

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect bag for everyday, 7 Feb. 2014
I like a cross body bag - no need to worry about "losing" it when out and about. I also like lots of pockets and dividers so I can find things easily without having to spend ages rummaging. This bag has pockets and dividers in spades. I have a different one for my purse and keys and phone and can always locate them quickly, no more endless digging about, coming up with old sweets and scruffy tissues long lost in the depths that always happened with other bags.
This version of the big has waxy shine to it. I really like the rich deep colour and it is perfect for our wet winter weather.
So if you need a bag that holds pretty much everything you might need, and that is practical, sturdy, long lasting and is not unattractive this is the bag for you. It is definitely the bag for me - I have three for changing moods and seasons!

Fisher-Price Activity Centre (Pink)
Fisher-Price Activity Centre (Pink)

5.0 out of 5 stars ugly but a real winner!, 19 Mar. 2011
I remembered this toy from the 'olden days', but it was white and although plastic, I seem to remember it as less plastic-ey somehow. It has to be said that whilst it lacks aesthetic charm to my eye, my 4 month old absolutely loves it. She spends time engrossed in it, learning to play with the different bits and control her hands, really concentrating. Ugly but a real winner.

Legler Mobile Ladybird
Legler Mobile Ladybird

1.0 out of 5 stars nice looking but potentially dangerous!, 16 Jan. 2011
This review is from: Legler Mobile Ladybird (Toy)
Ordered this a couple of weeks ago to hang above my baby daughters changing table. It is a pretty, bright wooden mobile and I was very happy with it until this morning when the main string came undone/unstuck and the mobile came crashing down on the mat whilst I was changing her. Luckily I did not hang it directly over her as it could have really hurt my wee bairn.
Evidently the stringing is not good enough, beware!