Profile for Amy H > Reviews

Grobag Sweet Dreams 2.5 Tog 6-18 months
Grobag Sweet Dreams 2.5 Tog 6-18 months
Offered by NURSERY THYME

1.0 out of 5 stars Highly Fire Risk, avoid!, 27 Feb. 2016
I have always used gro-bags for our baby and I am usually very happy with them. However this one arrived with a bright red warning label sewn in to the top stating that it is highly flammable and must be kept away from fire. This would suggest that it does not meet the current UK legal requirements for baby sleepwear. Unfortunately I didn't notice this until I had already removed the tags and washed it, so I can't return it but I wouldn't take the risk of zipping my baby in to something highly flammable for the night. There's a reason why baby sleepwear has to be flame retardant and I'm shocked that this is being sold without it being clear that this does not meet the requirements. The picture also doesn't show the label, although it should as it is bright red and should be easily visible in the picture above, so I can only assume that the gro-bag pictured is not the one supplied.

Mushy Mushy Baby Food Storage - 9 Easy To Remove Weaning Pots - BPA Free Silicone Freezer Tray Container with Recipe eBook - Give Your Baby the Best Nutritional Start in Life (Green)
Offered by Mushy Mushy

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 13 Nov. 2015
Fantastic product. I have been using these for months with no issues. It is easy to pop the frozen cubes of baby food out, it is dishwasher safe and comes with a guarantee that it will be replaced if it ever cracks. I would definitely recommend this product.

On the Night You Were Born
On the Night You Were Born
by Nancy Tillman
Edition: Board book

5.0 out of 5 stars Heartwarming, 13 Nov. 2015
A beautiful story with lovely illustrations. This is a really positive message for any wee one and I can't wait to continue reading it to my children for years to come.

VTech Baby Crawl and Learn Lights Ball - White and Red
VTech Baby Crawl and Learn Lights Ball - White and Red
Offered by BabySecurity

3.0 out of 5 stars Great Idea but One Big Design Flaw, 13 Nov. 2015
I got this for my 7 month old. It is bright and colourful and she is very attracted to the light and music. She loves that it moves by itself and initially was encouraged to try and follow it. The music is ok and not too loud. It encourages recognition of shapes, animals and colours. However, there is one big flaw - the chicken on top. I don't know if it's just my wee one but she very quickly worked out that if she grabs the chick then the ball can't move. She therefore holds on to the chicken, preventing the ball from moving and most likely burning out the motor. She does this every time we turn it on, which has pretty much rendered the ball useless. It now just functions as a normal ball which we leave switched off all the time. Worth a try but I think they should rethink the design to avoid this issue.

BABYBJÖRN Baby Carrier One (Black Cotton, Mix)
BABYBJÖRN Baby Carrier One (Black Cotton, Mix)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent carrier, suitable for children with hip dysplasia, 3 Nov. 2015
This carrier is fantastic. We wanted a sturdy carrier that would last and having looked at several carriers, Baby Bjorn seemed like a good option. My husband does a lot of sport and wanted something suitable for carrying her on walks for several hours, so the Carrier One seemed ideal. I would definitely recommend having someone with you the first time you use the carrier, as I didn't find it easy to adjust once our baby was in the carrier, so it took us a while to get all the straps adjusted appropriately. However, once the carrier had been adjusted to fit me and my baby it was very easy to get on and off - it pulls on over the head like a jumper and the baby section can be unclipped to allow one person to easily position the baby. This also allows removal of the baby without waking her if she falls asleep. We are currently only using it as an inward-facing newborn carrier, but it looks easy to switch to the other positions and I think will be a great investment as it will grow with our daughter. It appears to be of good quality, is machine washable and feels safe and sturdy. I feel confident when using it and don't feel concerned about her slipping.

It isn't the cheapest product, but I think it will be worth the money as we started using it when our daughter was a few weeks old and will hopefully continue to use it in to her toddler years.

Overall I would definitely buy this product again and would recommend it for parents who spend a lot of time outdoors.

Addition - our baby was diagnosed with hip problems and is now in a harness to address this. It is worth noting that her paediatrician advised us that we couldn't use slings or some baby carriers as it would push her hips in to the wrong position and put stress on the joints. However we showed her our Baby Bjorn carrier and she said it is fine to continue using as it holds our daughter's hips in 'the optimal position for joint development'. If anyone else has a child with hip problems then it may help you to know that this is still safe to use!

Update: Our daughter is now 22 months and my husband still uses this carrier (now in the backpack position). He took her hillwalking in this carrier for a couple of hours and reported that they were both comfortable and had no issues during the walk. It is slightly more difficult to get on in the back carrier position and one of his friends usually helps, but once on he and our daughter feel secure and she seems to really enjoy travelling this way. This carrier has been worth the money for us as we have got a great deal of use out of it.

Enid Blyton Famous Five Series 21 Books Set (1 To 21) New RRP: £ 104.79,Five on Treasure Island, Five Go Adventuring Again, Five Run Away Together, Five Go to Smuggler's Top, Five Go Off in A Caravan, (Famous Five)
by Enid Blyton

4.0 out of 5 stars Good but not the originals, 3 Oct. 2015
I bought this set from the seller 'Lowplex'. I bought it to share with my daughter as she grows up as I remember how much I loved the Famous Five books. I am happy with the quality of the books and the pictures and they are contained in a (fairly flimsy) paper box which is fine. However the books are NOT the originals and are the 1997 'modern' versions that contain changes e.g. The children wearing jeans. My daughter will never know the difference but I feel this should be made clear before purchasing as I would have preferred the original versions. They are a good price for the full set of books but please be aware that the books may not be the originals.

Lansinoh Disposable Nursing Pads (4 x 60 Piece packs)
Lansinoh Disposable Nursing Pads (4 x 60 Piece packs)

5.0 out of 5 stars Effective and discrete, 19 Aug. 2015
I have a heavy flow of milk and have tried Boots, Johnsons, Tesco, Philips Avent and Lansinoh in my quest to find the best nursing pad. These are by far the best, keeping me dry day and night and avoiding embarrassing marks on shirts. They are discrete and stay securely in place in my bra. Would highly recommend these and the Lansinoh nipple cream!

Fisher-Price Rainforest Peek-A-Boo Leaves Musical Mobile
Fisher-Price Rainforest Peek-A-Boo Leaves Musical Mobile

5.0 out of 5 stars Wouldn't Be Without It, 19 Aug. 2015
I was unsure about buying this mobile, as it seemed quite expensive. Then after yet another evening spending hours trying to get my baby to sleep I took the plunge. That was 2 months ago and I can honestly say that it was one of the best decisions I made. The mobile with one of the classical musical settings gives me twenty minutes during the day where I know my baby will be contented, so I can do laundry, have breakfast etc. Then at night I just switch it to the night light and rainforest sounds (the mobile and classical music seem too stimulating for my wee one at night) and she lies in her cot staring at the light and drifts off to sleep listening to the rainforest. If she wakes up during the night she will often turn towards the mobile and only gets upset if I don't turn it back on quickly enough for her. The only two things that I would improve are it would be nice if the remote control stayed active (it can only be used within an hour of using the mobile from the main unit) so I could turn the mobile back on during the night without getting up, and the option to vary how long the mobile stays on for. Overall though, this is a great product and frankly knowing what I know now I would pay far more for the peaceful bedtimes we now enjoy!

Babyway Mimas Luxury Travel Cot With Newborn Bassinet and Changing Station
Babyway Mimas Luxury Travel Cot With Newborn Bassinet and Changing Station
Offered by Direct2Mum

5.0 out of 5 stars Love the bassinet and changing table inclusions, 29 July 2015
We have been using this cot for four months now and are very happy with it. It is quick and easy to assemble and take down and folds up in to a reasonably compact size. It is quite heavy, but feels sturdy and strong when assembled. It is easy to move on its wheels and has a zip entrance at one end. We are currently using the bassinet portion so we use the zip space underneath for storage of changing essentials. The bassinet is a great inclusion and the design of it allows you to rock baby whilst she is lying in the bassinet section. His has helped a lot in getting her to sleep. The changing station included is also really useful and has handy pockets for storing nappies etc making night changes very easy. I am very impressed with this cot and feel it will be of use for us for years to come. Just make sure that you buy a separate mattress as the one included is far too hard!

2 x Baby Cot Fitted sheet 60x120 100% Jersey Cotton - Cream
2 x Baby Cot Fitted sheet 60x120 100% Jersey Cotton - Cream
Offered by Little Pirates

5.0 out of 5 stars Great sheets, 29 July 2015
Lovely and soft, comfortable sheets. I would definitely buy again!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3