Profile for dp > Reviews

Content by dp

dp

Wileyfox Swift 2 Plus - 32GB + 3GB 4G SIM-Free Smartphone with Screen Replacement Card and Hard Case - Midnight

1.0 out of 5 stars Broke and terrible customer service., 28 July 2017
I bought this phone excited as I'd heard good things. The phone itself is not bad for the cheap price that it retails for. However, after 2 months the phone just stopped working - it won't turn on. The phone actually broke the morning of my graduation which was really frustrating as I couldn't take photos or ring people to arrange plans. Wileyfox customer service is absolutely awful (well documented all over the internet). There is no phone number, thus you are unable to speak to anyone, the only way to get in contact is via an online form - which I submitted and heard NOTHING for over one week. Frustrated, the only way that I can get in contact with the company is via Facebook which is poor form. I am in the process of sending the phone in for repairs (I have to pay for packaging) and hopefully, I will get it returned in working order. Overall, I would steer well clear of this company.

Apple Mac Mini (Dual-Core i5 2.5GHz Processor, 4GB DDR3 SDRAM, 500GB, HD Graphics) - Older Model

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Computer, 29 Jun. 2013
I bought the i5 MacMini to replace an acer ultrabook which broke after 12 days and came with Windows 8 which is an appalling OS for non touch-screen computers. This is my first computer with OSX and my impressions have been really great so far. The only app I needed to download was BetterSnapTool because the only Windows OS feature I missed was Aerosnap (cost about £1.99 from the Apple App Store). Other than that OSX works like a dream!

The MacMini is a great computer. It runs near silent, has an impressively good speaker and has great Apple aesthetics as you'd expect. The boot time is fast and all the apps I have used so far (Word,Photoshop, Mail, Excel, Final Cut) have all been working perfectly.

Really happy with the Mac Mini!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 26, 2013 12:41 AM BST

Acer S240HLBID 24-inch Monitor 16:9 FHD LED 5 ms 100M:1 A DVI w/HDCP HDMI Acer EcoDisplay
Offered by Ebuyer UK Limited

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value for money, 26 Jun. 2013
This monitor is beautiful, I have just upgraded from an early 2000s 19'' LCD and it is an unbelievable improvement.