Profile for Valen's Shadow > Reviews

Content by Valen's Shadow

Valen's Shadow (UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8
Ty UK George (Peppa Pig) Buddy 10"
Ty UK George (Peppa Pig) Buddy 10"

5.0 out of 5 stars She Loves George, 1 Jun. 2015
A gift for my niece that she loves greatly. She is an absolute pepper pig addict and loves to watch the TV show whenever she is allowed to. George is her favourite character and I'm told that she likes to take him everywhere. Highly recommended

Peace In The Valley - The Complete Gospel Recordings
Peace In The Valley - The Complete Gospel Recordings
Offered by MediaMerchants

5.0 out of 5 stars For fans of Elvis, 1 Jun. 2015
I got this for my mum after she discovered some of the songs on YouTube. Mum used to listen to lots of the songs she had never heard before on you Tube until they were removed due to copyright infringement or something like that.She really enjoyed a lot of the religious music that Elvis never released . So I researched trying to find those songs and this is what I found. She mostly only listens to one of the CDs, although enjoys all of them, so it turned out to be a very good gift that I'm glad I bought.

Cockneys Vs Zombies [DVD]
Cockneys Vs Zombies [DVD]
Dvd ~ Michelle Ryan

4.0 out of 5 stars So bad it's good, 1 Jun. 2015
This review is from: Cockneys Vs Zombies [DVD] (DVD)
I felt this movie was so bad, it was actually good. There were many genuinely laugh out loud scenes throughout the movie that made this an enjoyable experience. Obviously this is a low budget movie and managed to mix in the traditional british gangster movie genre with zombies and comedy very well. Don't expect a classic but it's genuinely entertaining. My biggest criticism with modern movies like this is the over use of CGI blood and gore. While some of it is just so ridiculous you laugh out loud, it lacks that visceral edge that makes it a horror movie. Perhaps while unrealistic, I much prefer practical effects where the actors interact with the effects and sometimes get splashback on their face and clothes, that you just don't get with CGI . In any case, it's well worth watching this movie, maybe not worth buying but definitely a good rental.

Monument 1459W Master Plunger Sink and Waste Pipe Unblocker
Monument 1459W Master Plunger Sink and Waste Pipe Unblocker

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product, 25 Aug. 2014
Whenever my bathroom sink gets clogged up this plunger quickly unblocks better than any other plunger I have tried. The downside is this thing is huge unlike a regular plunger. I have found you can hear the suction sounding like it's coming through the bath as well, so would probably clear of the most stubborn blockages.

Amplicomms BigTel 201 Big Button Cordless Single DECT Additional Handset - White

3.0 out of 5 stars Does a good enough job, 25 Aug. 2014
I was looking for a nice and loud speaker phone to go hands-free with and this seems to be the best I have found. However while this is quite loud it is at the cost of clarity of the phone call. I don't know why so many hands-free phones don't have sufficient volume so if for example you wanted to do some washing up while talking to someone, you could hear what they're saying loud and clear. Anyway this does the job even if it isn't perfect.

Sanctuary [DVD] [2009] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Sanctuary [DVD] [2009] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]

2.0 out of 5 stars Save your money it's not worth bothering with!, 25 Aug. 2014
Not really a bad film per se as there are some decent-ish fight sequences. However there's nothing really exciting to make this worth recommending to anyone. Some of the action sequences were well and truly making my eyes roll into the back of my head. Not that I expected a great story but there's little of interest to make up for the mediocre action. If you're expecting something like a Tony Jaa film, you will be hugely disappointed. This isn't in the film you're looking for…

Compressed Air Duster Can HFC Free Gas Flammable 400ml (2 PACK) Power Performance - AIR DUSTER used as keyboard cleaner, Printer Cleaner, Laptop Cleaner, Xbox 360 & Playstation Console cleaner and most hard to reach electrical equipment.
Offered by Rybond

5.0 out of 5 stars Well worth the money!, 25 Aug. 2014
I thought my PC was on its last legs, making so much noise so I thought I had nothing to lose trying this product. Opening up the case and giving it a good clean with with this can of compressed air. Now everything seems to be running in tip top condition. I would definitely recommend this for someone wanting to try and breathe life into an old PC.

My Young Auntie [DVD] [1981] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
My Young Auntie [DVD] [1981] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]

2.0 out of 5 stars Hardly A Classic In My Opinion, 25 Sept. 2013
While I really didn't like this movie I should say that the final fight featuring Lau Kar Leung was very good and well worth checking out. I just don't think sitting through two hours of really bad comedy is worth the wait. Kara Hui is gorgeous as ever as the leading lady and while the choreography is good, there is just something I can't quite put my finger on about her, but I don't see her as a kung fu legend. I just don't rate her skills.

I felt the same when I watched another of her films "Lady is the Boss" that she just isn't a great lead and her fighting doesn't exhilarate me. Now Lau Kar Leung he is something else when he is on screen unleashing his kung fu! He is always a joy to watch as a fan of kung fu cinema. In both this movie "My Young Auntie" and "Lady Is the Boss" Kara Hui thankfully steps away from the limelight for the finale and the old master shows how it's supposed to be done, in great style. Perhaps an extra star is deserved for the finale but given how much I had to suffer through watching the whole movie, I've not given it.

Hsiao Hou who co-stars in this movie is truly awesome in "Mad Monkey Kung Fu" (if you haven't seen this I recommend that you pick up this classic from Amazon as soon as possible) but really doesn't get a chance to shine and is really wasted here.

All in all this movie is bogged down in lame comedy with some brief good bits of kung fu sporadically spread throughout the movie. For me the story didn't do enough to keep my interest and there wasn't enough fight sequences to really thrill me. I would recommend passing on this and checking out other films by Lau Kar Leung like "Heroes of the East", "Eight Diagram Pole Fighter", "Martial Club" , "Mad Monkey Kung Fu" and lastly but by no means least "36th Chamber of Shaolin".

Brave [DVD]
Brave [DVD]
Dvd ~ Mike B
Offered by A ENTERTAINMENT

3.0 out of 5 stars Not Bad, Not That Good Either, 13 Aug. 2013
This review is from: Brave [DVD] (DVD)
I found this to be an okay martial arts movie but nothing particularly special and there is so much better out there. However, if you've seen the best of the rest and you're looking for something to pass an hour and a half, having nothing better to do. Then maybe this film is the you? If you're expecting something with top quality Thai Martial arts action along the lines of Ong Bak, Warrior King, Born to Fight or even Bangkok Adrenaline then maybe you should look elsewhere.

There's nothing that you haven't seen in any of those movies before and done much better. What action there is is tightly framed and it feels like you're too close to the action to actually appreciate it. Shaky camerawork and fast cut editing doesn't help things either. The movie is filled with stunts and fight action and yet again there is nothing outstanding... Although it does surpass what passes for action in Hollywood these days. I also didn't think any of the fights were particularly good and perhaps with a bit more effort this movie could have been more worthwhile.

The story is simple and the acting is passable but I suspect the only reason you're going to watch this is for the action.

Anyway my verdict is catch it on TV should it ever be shown, rent it all buy it extremely cheaply. There are so many better movies you could pick up from Amazon, so the choice is yours.

5/10

Battlestar Galactica: Blood and Chrome [Blu-ray + UV Copy] [2012] [Region Free]
Battlestar Galactica: Blood and Chrome [Blu-ray + UV Copy] [2012] [Region Free]
Dvd ~ Luke Pasqualino

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Promising Pilot, 8 Aug. 2013
I have to say after an extraordinary beginning to reboot of Battlestar Galactica the writers lost the plot in my honest opinion. However, this pilot has reaffirmed my interest in Battlestar Galactica.I was extremely hesitant about this pilot movie having seen the show I loved going from greatness to mediocrity. But I would definitely say Blood and Chrome delivered an extremely solid, action packed pilot movie that could have gone on to reinvigorate the Battlestar Galactica universe.

I like how generally stylistically how the action looked, less zoom and chaos. The shaky cam effect that came to annoy me was dialled down. As you would come to expect the CGI looked very good and the overall production looked very big for a TV movie... I should think the cost factor is why this never got made to a full series.

I still have my doubts if this ever gets picked up whether it will live up to its promise. Nevertheless it leaves BSG on a positive note and I'm sure one that most fans will appreciate.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8