Profile for TheRevills > Reviews

Content by TheRevills

TheRevills

Page: 1 | 2
GreatShield TACT Flora Series Ultra Slim Fit Protective Hard Rubber Coating Back Case Cover for Apple iPhone 5C - White
Offered by theWireless USA

2.0 out of 5 stars Phone gets scratched, 29 Jan. 2015
Love the design but the edges don't go above the height of the screen so my screen just gets scratched.

Braun Three Hand Quartz Movement Watch with White Dial Analogue Display and Black Leather Strap BN0024WHBKG

5.0 out of 5 stars Sturdy, classic design, 30 Jan. 2013
I have had this watch for a week now, my parents bought it for my birthday. I love the simple design, it looks good with anything I wear without drawing attention. When people notice it, they tend to compliment it and make a remark about them not knowing that Braun made watches. I didn't know they did either to be fair. All in all, I'm extremely happy with this watch and I expect it to last me a long time.

On a side note, the leather strap is a bit stiff to begin with but it soon loosens up after a couple of days.

I hope this review has helped!

Sony MDREX310LPB Monitor Series Headphones with Noise Isolation Earbuds - Black
Sony MDREX310LPB Monitor Series Headphones with Noise Isolation Earbuds - Black

4.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly good!, 27 Jan. 2013
I've been using these headphones since December 2011 and they have only just given up on me, despite some rough treatment. The thing that finally got them was the rubber - the silicon patches on the side (which really make them comfortable to wear and stay in well) have started to detach. This is about as long as you would expect a pair of headphones in this price range to last you, so no complaints there.

They come with plenty of bud sizes, both normal and insulated with foam to choose from. There isn't a whole lot of difference between the normal and foam ones, except the latter have slightly better noise isolation and are prone to having the foam filling coming loose, which was a pain every now and again. Since that happened I played it safe using the normal ones been as there isn't much difference.

Sound quality is well balanced, with no emphasis on either the lows or the highs, just a nice clean sound throughout the range. Maybe there is a slight (and only slight) drop off where the higher register becomes a little tinny, but not enough to be noticeable in normal listening. I listen to a wide variety of music, including but not limited to Jazz, Blues, Rock, Alternative and Folk.

I can't compare these headphones to many others, been as I haven't had anything else since 2011, but my last pair were some Sennheisers that fell out all the time. I can break these down into things that I found good and bad about them though:

GOOD

- Very comfortable, don't fall out easily due to the silicon on the sides
- Balanced sound range, not too heavy on either of the extremes
- Durable, so a good investment for something in this price range
- The jack is at a right angle to the wire, so it doesn't cause problems when plugged into a phone in your pocket
- Comes with lots of ear buds and a sturdy carrying case

BAD

- The rubber might give up on you after a year or so
- The sound quality isn't the absolute best at the extremes of the high register
- The cable gets easily tangled

I hope you find this review helpful, I've enjoyed using these headphones for over a year now and I hope you get the same enjoyment out of them too.

AMD HDZ975FBGMBOX Phenom II X4 975 - 3.6 Ghz AM3 Black Edition CPU, Retail Packaged

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value and performance!, 14 Jan. 2013
I have been using this processor for a year now in my £600 gaming PC that I built myself. Since putting it together I've played a range of games including Call of Duty Black Ops, Guildwars 2 and League of Legends - no performance issues with any of them. In terms of performance elsewhere, I have also spent quite a lot of time carrying out video editing and photoshop, with which I had no problems.

I was concerned about getting an AMD processor when I saw what Intel were doing in competition. It's true that Intel produce amazing products but you'll have to pay through the teeth to get them. Of course, if you can afford to waste money like that then that's no problem! If you're somewhat more reluctant to pour money down the drain then this processor will stand up to just about anything you throw at it, within reason.

At the moment, I see no reason to have any more than 4 cores in a processor, no consumer programme that I use demands any more than that. 3.6Ghz is plenty too, but of course you still have the option to overclock it if you want to.

BEAR IN MIND that the overall performance of your PC depends on what else it's made of, not just the processor. There's no point buying a good processor like this and then plugging it into a cheap motherboard with a low-spec GPU and slow RAM. Make sure you balance!

I'm very happy with this processor and won't be changing it out for anything else for a good while yet.

Hope this helps!

Student Support Materials for AQA - A2 Physics Unit 4: Fields and Further Mechanics
by Dave Kelly

4.0 out of 5 stars ESSENTIAL, but be careful!, 14 Jan. 2013
I've just taken the exam for this unit and this book helped me a lot. Just like the Boilogy version that I own, it displays all of the information very clearly without watering it down and mixing it up with things you don't need to know. It has been an essential part of my revision, wouldn't recommend anything else!

HOWEVER

Just be careful because the specification isn't that up to date, you'll need to make sure you're not missing anything that's been put on the syllabus recently.

4 stars, would be 5 if spec was up to date!

Student Support Materials for AQA - A2 Biology Unit 4: Populations and Environment: Populations and Environment Unit 4
by Mike Boyle

4.0 out of 5 stars ESSENTIAL, but be careful!, 14 Jan. 2013
I've recently taken the exam for this module, relying quite heavily on this book. This is my favourite textbook, alongside the physics equivalent from Collin's. This book is extremely concise, much better than the books I was given by my college. You'll quickly find that all of the information is very easy to find and isn't watered down by useless information. It is clearly laid out into clear sectons, telling you exactly what you need to know and nothing else. Great for revision!

HOWEVER

You might also notice that this is the 2008 spec. This means that it does contain a few parts that you don't need to know, for example 'energy transfer boxes' on page 26 has since been removed. I'm not sure if there's anything missing from it that's in the current spec, but none the less this book still played a crucial part in my revision.

In case it helps, I'm going on to study Biology at Leicester next year, assuming my exams continue to go well this year.

4 stars, would have been 5 if the spec was up to date!

Discraft Ultrastar Frisbee White
Discraft Ultrastar Frisbee White
Offered by BigOnSport

5.0 out of 5 stars Frisbee Standard!, 14 Jan. 2013
I've wanted a good frisbee for a long time, I think it's one of those things that everybody should have. I did my research before buying this and found that Discraft seem to be leaders in the field. I'm not pro, but I've had a lot of practice with this disc over the last Summer and it held up great. It flies extremely well with great stability and has the capacity to pull off tricks too. It's quite sturdy and smells a bit like coconut. Although sturdy, the plastic is quite soft and scratches fairly easy - I wouldn't want a dog to get hold of it!

However, rating it as a frisbee for having fun with and potentially competitive use - 5 stars, no doubt about it.

I hope this review was helpful, don't go for anything cheaper than this or else you'll just get frustrated and give up because your frisbee isn't up to the job.

Have fun!

Oxford Office Essentials Wirebound Soft Cover Notebook, A4, 180 Pages - Assorted Colours, Pack of 5

4.0 out of 5 stars Great paper, but could be more durable, 14 Jan. 2013
I have used Oxford Notebooks before and have always been impressed with the quality of the paper. I use them for college all the time, it's very satisfying to make notes in both pen and pencil. Be warned though, the pages in these books aren't perforated so you can't tear them out without having that rough ring binder edge on your sheet. They also aren't as sturdy as the plastic ones they sell, I prefer those but they are a little more pricey. They should each last at least until I have filled them, although I expect them to be a little dog-eared by that time.

Overall, very good notebooks for a very good price. I wouldn't worry too much about them getting ruined before you're done with them, but if you want to play it safe then get the plastic ones!

Hope this review was helpful :)

Plastic Poo
Plastic Poo
Offered by My Golden Deals

5.0 out of 5 stars Premium Quality, 4 Jan. 2012
This review is from: Plastic Poo (Toy)
I've reviewed fake poo for thirty years now and I have to say, this is a prime poo. The detail and startling and the consistency just perfect. If you heat it gently over a radiator, it gives the feel of real poo. It's a real shame that quality fake poo is losing it's popularity with the older audience as I believe it still has a lot more to give.

Buy this poo. Experience this poo. But most of all, share it with strangers.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Maybe a little too good..., 21 April 2011
I have fairly thin, limp, short blonde hair, making it difficult to find a product that can hold my hair for long periods of time and not make it look greasy. This stuff is brilliant and I don't think it is advertised enough in stores. It holds hair very well but also keeps away any unwanted shine, making it easier to create the style you want without sacrificing the texture of your hair. The ONLY downside (and the reason I knocked off a star) is that when it came to having my hair cut the barber found it very tricky to get the product out. So don't expect it to wash out without shampoo or some kind of soap. Plus it smells fantastic! I won't be turning to any other product any time soon!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 13, 2012 9:47 AM BST

Page: 1 | 2