Profile for Nick Flynn > Reviews

Content by Nick Flynn
Top Reviewer Ranking: 473

Nick Flynn "NickF" (Devon, UK)
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
BLOOM Mindpower Matcha (30g)
BLOOM Mindpower Matcha (30g)

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice flavour, easy to make., 26 July 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I must admit that I'm a bit of a Matcha tea virgin, but I'm always on the lookout for a healthy boost, especially if it is easy to consume, and tastes OK.

Very easy to make, and 1/4 teaspoon in 100ml of hot water (fortunately my kettle has settings for 80C) and whisk ... I must admit, I didn't really yet to the frothy stage, but I was only using a teaspoon ... I'm sure Matcha Tea aficionados will be more organised).

Here the instructions suggest that you pour over ice and top up with cold water and a slice of lemon for a refreshing cold drink ... again being disorganised, I don't have any ice .... but no need to worry. It is delicious warm/hot and is a worthy replacement for my mid morning coffee ... and I don't say that lightly.

Opening the jar, I was a little concerned that it might be a somewhat challenging taste ... a la wheat/barley grass, but it is really nice. the resulting tea is smooth, and the addition of ginger and ginseng give a real boost.

At £17 for 30g it is not cheap, but a little does go a long way. You can try adding a little to smoothies or cereals, but as I like the taste, I think I will drink it as is.

Burt's Bees 2016 Natural Cleansers Collection
Burt's Bees 2016 Natural Cleansers Collection

5.0 out of 5 stars Burt's Bees Cleanser Set ... Very nice indeed, 25 July 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
My wife is a big fan of Burt's Bees products, ever since we first came across them in Australia about a dozen years ago, in fact, she only ever uses Burt's Bees lip balm ... especially the tinted ones.

This is a nice gift pack, and perfect for anyone wanting a natural alternative set of cleansers. The scent is just lovely, without being overpowering ... both peach and orange scents are really fresh and natural smelling, and the lip balm has hint of peppermint. (one she has tried bought before).

The orange scented cleanser is effective, and feel nice to use, the peach scented scrub with willow bark is a little abrasive, but no more than other scrubs, is effective, but best to be on the gentle side with it on first use.

Lovely set, and reasonably priced and would make a very nice present.

Mr. Magic 03694 Professional Nutrition Blender - 700 W
Mr. Magic 03694 Professional Nutrition Blender - 700 W

4.0 out of 5 stars Good results and the dry goods blade makes it very practical., 22 July 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I'm trying a bit of a health kick at the moment ... aren't we all as Summer approaches (maybe) and we are tempted to bare most at the beach, so along with exercise, I'm trying to eat more fruit and veg. I'm all for a smoothie, but a lot of the ones you buy in the supermarket are too sweet, and also you must loose some of the nutrients in the manufacturing and storing process.

I like the idea of this Mr Magic Nutrition Blender. It has a powerful enough motor at 700W to whizz through anything I have chucked at it ... carrots, apples, spinach, nuts etc (along with the odd bit to crushed ice) and usually find that I need no more than 20 - 30 seconds of blending to get a good, smooth texture, and that also applies to nuts.

It comes with 2 x 350ml cups, 1 x 700 Blender, a cross blade that you use for smoothies etc and a flat blade for dry foods like parmesan cheese, nut and coffee. There are also a range of lids ... a shaker lid which is very useful for parmesan, a couple of storage lids, which are useful if you have made a salsa or dip, and a to go lid for taking your smoothie with you.

There are no buttons to press, you just put the blender or cup into the base and twist to lock ... pulse if you want salsa, leave it a little longer for a smoother finish.

There are 4 handy suckers on the base to stop it moving around on your work surface, and everything bar the motor, and the blades can go in the dishwasher, though I find that a quick rinse out and half fill with clean water and another whizz will be all you need to clean the cups.

3M Adjustable Foot Rest Sturdy Steel Black
3M Adjustable Foot Rest Sturdy Steel Black

4.0 out of 5 stars Very well made and comfortable in use, 22 July 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I do like this 3M Adjustable Foot Rest. The construction is absolutely bullet proof, and will last for years ... it will no doubt see me to retirement.

It is nice and wide, nearly 49cm, and is covered with a grippy non slip material ... there is more of this on the base to stop it moving around on hard flooring.

It is height adjustable, and this is done with 4 butterfly fasteners, which may require a pair of pliers if they were on as tight as mine.

The top centre pivots, so you can always find a comfortable position for your feet.

So 4 stars for me at the moment, I may add a fifth, but that will depend on the price.

Command 17081BN-ES Medium Brushed Nickel Hook
Command 17081BN-ES Medium Brushed Nickel Hook
Offered by BIC WAREHOUSE

5.0 out of 5 stars Useful Hook for light weight use, 21 July 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This Command brushed Nickel Hook is a very useful addition to the range. Very useful for adding semi permanent hooks pretty much anywhere in your house, caravan, etc without causing any permanent damage to walls or tiles, so good for rentals or temp accommodation.

Very easy to install, and position, and comes with 2 double sided tapes ... one side to attach to the back of the mounting base ... the other to the wall or tiles or in my case freezer. The instructions do recommend that you give the surface a good cleaning, and that you try and pick a location where you are not having to cross grout lines if you are fixing to tiles.

The hooks will hold a combined weight of 1.3 KG. and are easy to remove ... I'm not sure if the strips can be used again, but 2 strips were supplied with this hook.

Rokit Gel Polish Kit, High Gloss
Rokit Gel Polish Kit, High Gloss

5.0 out of 5 stars Great results from this starter kit, 21 July 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a great little kit to deliver professional looking get polish nails ... as tested by my Niece who wouldn't dream of going out of the house without immaculate looking nails.

This Starter kit is supplied with 1 gel polish in Bordeaux Red ... (Niece gave the colour 2 thumbs up)! and looking on the Rokit sub-site on Amazon, there are 7 other colours, each coming in at £15 ... quite expensive, but each bottle should provide 10 applications. There is also a bottle of Preparation Fluid, some cloths, a nail file and buffer, and a cuticle stick ... the only thing that is missing is the remover ... a bit of an oversight I think, but available for a fiver on Amazon.

The kit also comes with a mains powered UV light which has a small heart shaped button on top that will give 1 minute for 1 click ... 2 for 2. Preparation is all important in order to get the best results, and an initial coat, with 1 minute of UV time, followed by a second coat for 2 minutes gave good results ... My niece is something of an expert in nail care, so I tried it (one one finger) and even I got pretty good results.

So you do get good results using this kit, and other shades of polish are available from the same producer ... what I don't know is if other gel polishes would work in the same way ... I don't see why not, but we didn't try.

Rapesco Supaclip 40 Refill Clips - Hearts, Pack of 100
Rapesco Supaclip 40 Refill Clips - Hearts, Pack of 100

5.0 out of 5 stars A colourful clip, 20 July 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have used Supaclips for ages for work ... attaching business cards to brochures, or meeting papers together ... and really like them (I get the bulk pack). My wife has been known to pilfer my stock for her business (therapist) for the same purpose, so when I saw this pink version with hearts, I thought she could have her own supply. Other colours are available.

They add a nice little touch, and they only cost a few pennies each, and they are also reusable.

They will hold up to 40 sheets of 80g paper, or 25 plus of better quality paper, and if you need more, there is always the Supaclip 60 system.

Rapesco Supaclip 40 Bulk Pack Refill Clips - Stainless Steel, Pack of 350
Rapesco Supaclip 40 Bulk Pack Refill Clips - Stainless Steel, Pack of 350

5.0 out of 5 stars Great damage free method to clip papers together., 20 July 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I really like these Supaclip 40s ... we use them all the time in the office, especially for exhibitions where we use them to clip business cards to brochures ... without damaging either.

The Supaclip 40 is designed to hold up to 40 sheets of paper (80g). They will certainly hold 3 or 4 layers of thin (brochure) card together, and whilst we don't use much 80g in the office, it will certainly hold 25 sheets of 100g. If you want to do more, there is always the Supaclip 60.

Very easy to use, and the great thing is that they can be used again and again.

This 350 bulk pack works out at less than 5 pence each, so there is a saving on buying the smaller packs.

Wilton 40 cm (16-Inch) Disposable Bags - 12 Pack
Wilton 40 cm (16-Inch) Disposable Bags - 12 Pack

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value and quality icing bags., 16 July 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Wilton 40 cm disposable bags are really very good quality, and can be used for so much more than icing.

Really easy to use, and with practice will give very good results. These bags can be used with your existing coupler and nozzles, and for mash and merengue, you can just snip the end off.

At £6 for 12, they are great value for money, and if you are really careful with them, you could wash and reuse.

Crocs Karin Women's Clogs - Black, 6 UK (38-39 EU)
Crocs Karin Women's Clogs - Black, 6 UK (38-39 EU)

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfy Crocs Clogs, 16 July 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
My wife really likes her Crocs Karin clogs, they were a perfect fit, and are great for pottering around the garden, to wearing on the beach.

Like most Crocs, they are easy to slip on and off, and are really comfortable to wear.

What my wife likes is that they are much slimmer than traditional Crocs and perhaps a little more versatile.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20