Profile for Nick Flynn > Reviews

Content by Nick Flynn
Top Reviewer Ranking: 298

Nick Flynn "NickF" (Devon, UK)
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Airmax Sport Version Nasal Dilator
Airmax Sport Version Nasal Dilator

5.0 out of 5 stars Breathing easy, 31 Mar. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have found using the Airmax Sport Version nasal dilator has certainly improved my workouts, cycling and yomps up on the cliffs.

Whilst I don't snore (according to my wife), I do get a bit bunged up especially in the Spring and Summer due to the dreaded tree and grass pollen.

Putting in the dilator was easy enough, and rinsing before hand and using a mirror for the first time made positioning and fit a little easier. I would love to say that once in, you forget it is there, it isn't uncomfortable, but you are aware it is there, and after an hour or so, are glad to take it out.

Hygiene is a must, giving it a good wash after use and a rinse beforehand too. The product details recommend replacement after 3 months, and I think that would be sensible.

Philips GC7619/20 PerfectCare Pure Steam Generator Iron - OptimalTemp No Fabric Burns Technology, 200 g Pressurised Steam Boost

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy ironing, but could be expensive to run in hard water areas, 31 Mar. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Being a user of an older style steam generator iron, I was really impressed by how much lighter and more manageable these new generation of irons are from Philips. You still have a decent enough capacity, 1.5 litres, and I can assure you, that is more than enough to get through what I'm prepared to do in one stint. For the record, the claim is that there should be enough for 2 hours, and you can refill at any time. This model does not have a carry lock, which is a bit mean, but is available in the next model up.

One of the best things though is no temperature setting ... I have no idea how this works, and must admit, was pretty tentative in going from denim to something a bit more delicate ... but it worked fine.

At about 6 foot, the cord is a decent length, and is long enough for the odd bit of vertical steaming. So far it has been used on some recently washed curtains, and my suits, to good effect.

The big question is whether or not you think the water softener cartridge feature is a great idea. If you live in hard water areas, you will know that you either spend a fortune on demineralised water, or you get through irons on a regular basis. According to Philips, these cartridges are good for about 3 months, (depending on frequency and amount of ironing and water hardness) Using the cartridges boosts the iron's warranty to a not unreasonable 5 years, but during that time you could spend about £75 on cartridges (assuming every three months). I remember my mother getting through a £50 iron every 2 years, so the costs could stack up.

We are going to have to wait and see when our first cartridge needs replacing. We have the option of just using demineralised water instead of changing the cartridge, which we may do as we live in an area with fairly soft water.

At the end of the day, you pay your money and take your choice as to whether the cartridge feature is a good selling point. The iron itself is excellent, easy to use, has plenty of steam on demand, and is pretty compact, but I miss the carry lock.

Lexar 16GB USB 3.0 JumpDrive S75 Flash Drive Memory Stick - Purple
Lexar 16GB USB 3.0 JumpDrive S75 Flash Drive Memory Stick - Purple
Offered by TotallyGadgets

3.0 out of 5 stars Cheap build quality ... Will it last?, 28 Mar. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The lexar 16gb jumpdrive seems to perform as described, and it is quite useful to have USB 3 and 2 compatibility, but this is a very crowded market, and the build quality is not that great. I go to shows and Expos all the time, and have a quite a few freebies as promo items ... The Lexar in terms of look and feel is definately on the poorer side.

So three stars as it seems to perform as described, but am not convinced that it will pass the test off time. perhaps Lexar should have charged a little more and upped the build quality, or should slash the price as a bargain basement offering.

Philips GC7635/30 PerfectCare Pure Steam Generator Iron - One Perfect Temperature, 240 g Pressurised Steam Boost

5.0 out of 5 stars Light weight iron with heavy weight performance., 27 Mar. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)

One of the best things though is no temperature setting ... I have no idea how this works, and must admit, was pretty tentative in going from a pair of jeans to something a bit more delicate ... but it worked a treat.

The marmite moment with this iron is down to whether or not you think the water softener feature is a great idea. If you live in hard water areas, you will know that you either spend a fortune on demineralised water, or you get through irons on a regular basis. According to Philips, these cartridges are good for about 3 months, (depending on frequency and amount of ironing and water hardness) Using the cartridges boosts the iron's warranty to a not unreasonable 5 years, but during that time you could spend about £75 on cartridges (assuming every three months).

At the end of the day, you pay your money and take your choice as to whether the cartridge feature is a good selling point. The iron itself is excellent, easy to use, has plenty of steam on demand, and is pretty compact.

Belkin Slim Fit Grip Cover Case for iPhone 6 - Black
Belkin Slim Fit Grip Cover Case for iPhone 6 - Black
Offered by BESTBUYIT

5.0 out of 5 stars Slim and grippy, 27 Mar. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
My iPhone 6 is nice and slim, and whilst I want to protect it from the assaults of everyday life, I didn't want to add too much bulk.

The Belkin Slim Fit Grip cover only adds a couple of mm to all dimensions, it fits perfectly, and provides a little addition grip. I quite like the matt finish, and it looks like it will last the life of the phone.

I will probably add a screen protector as well for additional cover.

In summary, slim, fits well, provides extra grip, and is reasonably priced.

Panasonic ALL3 Wireless Speaker System (White)
Panasonic ALL3 Wireless Speaker System (White)

4.0 out of 5 stars Great sound, fairly easy to set up on iPhone and iPad, 25 Mar. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Having read a number of reviews, it was with some trepidation that I approached set up, especially as I am not the most technology savvy person.

Once unpacked and plugged in, the ALL3 Wireless Speaker is quite neat, about the size of a family loaf of bread, and has some reassuring heft to it.

The quick set up guide is pretty much contained on one side of an A4 sheet, and is clear and easy to follow.

Configuration, at least on my iPhone/iPad/BT Hub was really easy, and once I had put in the network password details in, and did a firmware update, which was easy enough, I was up and running.

The Panasonic App is basic, but simple to use, and within 30 seconds I was listening to a deep rich sound from the ALL3. I have tried a range of music from classical, pop and rock and talk radio, and it all sounds great. There is a basic treble and bass equaliser in settings and for my tastes, I have left them as set ... but the option is there for you.

I did download 2 of the Network services that are available, Spotify and All Play Radio. For some reason Spotify will only work with the Panasonic ALL3 if you have a Premium Account.

I had more luck with AllPlay Radio which was easy to set up and use.

There can be a bit of a lag in adjusting the volume control, especially if you have been out of the app for a while. I have found that going into the Panasonic App and selecting from Music Source seems to work most of the time.

I also tried it in AUX mode, and the volume seems to be limited. I tried it using and old iPod, and with my Sony TV ... again both sounded great, but for some, the volume limits might be too low.

All in all, looks good, sounds great, and for me at least, it was easy to set up.

Dettol Antibacterial Surface Cleansing 252 Wipes Family Pack
Dettol Antibacterial Surface Cleansing 252 Wipes Family Pack

5.0 out of 5 stars Safe and Easy, 14 Mar. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
We have been using Dettol Antibacterial Surface Wipes for years now and have always found them to be an easy and effective form of pathogen control.

My day job is providing pathogen control systems to large organisations, and I know how important surface cleaning is.

The individual wipes don't contain bleach, they are odourless and safe to use on just about any surface. Bearing in mind my job, I probably shouldn't have wooden chopping boards, but I prefer them, and will often prepare my surfaces before and after cooking, especially when meat and fish are involved.

Dettol claim that their wipes will kill E.Coli, Salmonella, MRSA ... which they should, and they are much more effective and much much cleaner than a dish cloth ... I actually converted to using these surface wipes after seeing a full microbial analysis of my supposedly clean dish cloth ... it was not a pretty site.

The wipes are a decent size, and are well enough made for the job in hand.

Good value and reassuringly effective.

Mr Beams Outdoor Wireless Motion Sensor Activated 80-Lumen Led Path Lights with Ground Stakes, Set of 2

5.0 out of 5 stars Stylish and light, 14 Mar. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Mr Beams Outdoor Wireless Motion Sensor lights on spikes are the perfect thing for lighting our path.

Whilst the front of our house is pretty well lit for visitors, the back is a bit of a black hole, and always a pain come bin days. These 2 lights on spikes provide the perfect amount of light, and do come on 10 or 15 feet away for our bin runs ... no more juggling bins and torches.

Internal sensors mean they only become active at night, and they shut off quite smartly when no motion is detected. We have noticed that they do come on occasionally at night, and have probably surprised a few neighbourhood cats.

They each take 4 x C batteries which the maker claims will last about 50 hours. That may be a bit less in cold weather, but you could spend as much again and buy rechargeable batteries. expensive I know, but both batteries and light should last years.

Mr Beams MB702 Wireless Motion-Sensing Mini Stick-Anywhere LED Night Lights, White

4.0 out of 5 stars Useful wireless Motion Sensing Mini Lights., 14 Mar. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The Mr.Beams mini motion sensing lights provide a portable solution for dark corners, cupboards, and hallways. They are quite small, 11 x 5 cm and are provided with small screws or tape for a permanent fix, or they will happily stand horizontally or vertically.

They take 4 x AAA batteries, and the LED light although small, gives off enough light at night. As they only come on at night, batteries should last for ages, or you can always use rechargeables.

Motion is detected from about 10 feet away, and the light will come on if motion is detected. from my tests, if there is no motion, the light will go off after about 20 seconds.

Small enough to take on holiday to navigate around unfamiliar bathrooms and enough light to see by, but not too much to wake you up fully.

Ultrasport Trampoline Ground Anchors Kit - Silver
Ultrasport Trampoline Ground Anchors Kit - Silver

5.0 out of 5 stars Very secure once in., 11 Mar. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The Ultrasport Trampoline Ground Anchors Kit comprises 4 robust screw thread anchors (about 12 inches) which you screw in to the ground, and then attach nylon straps to secure your trampoline, or tent, or gazebo.

Obviously ease of install depends on how dry or stoney the ground is. I had to reposition once, and also use an old broom handle to get a bit more ooomph into screwing them down fully, but once in, and attached using the straps, they were not going to go anywhere.

I did take them out for an inspection, and they were as straight as a die.

They look like they may be galvanised, if so, they should last ... time will tell.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20