Profile for Lancsreporter > Reviews

Love... Knitting
Love... Knitting
by Val Pierce

2.0 out of 5 stars These are not simple projects, be warned., 10 July 2017
This review is from: Love... Knitting (Paperback)
This is a not a book for the less experienced knitter. I've been knitting for some time and I was quite surprised to see that one of the first few projects in the book, a 'clutch' bag was marked as suitable for beginner. The stitch pattern for the knit was a blackberry stitch (how many beginners have heard of this?) The first row was to purl, but then the complications set in, as the second row after knitting the first stitch, the instructions were to *m3 which involves k1, p1, k1 all in one stitch. An awkward stitch, that requires concentration to get it right, and I doubt very much whether a beginner could cope with this at all! Swiftly followed by P3 together, again awkward for a beginner. This pattern was repeated to the end of the row. And so we have to work this fiddly pattern until it measures 28cms in length.
Another pattern marked as beginner is a baby blanket. Whilst it is mainly in garter stitch there is lots of slipping the knitting on to stitch holders and changing yarn colours. A beaded denim belt pattern again marked beginner has yfwd 5 times. All confusing for a new knitter.

NUOLUX Jesus Christ Cross Necklace Gold Plated Crucifix Pendant for Men and Women
Offered by Celelin

5.0 out of 5 stars This cross is lovely and has a lot of good energy attached to it, 21 Jan. 2017
I wanted a cross to wear on a daily basis that was noticeable and yet at the same time not too noticeable. This cross is lovely and has a lot of good energy attached to it. Ok, to wear overnight too. Good value for the low price paid. Recommended.

New Look Footbed Double Buckle, Women's Flip Flop, Black (01/Black), 9 UK (43 EU)

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulously comfortable sandals at a great price, 28 July 2016
I struggle to find shoes as my feet are unfortunately wide and long. However, these sandals are the most perfect fit, roomy but without the foot moving about too much. And they are also very comfortable to wear. Had them all day as soon as I got them and hardly noticed they were there. Like walking on air. Have bought a pair in both colours. All for an amazing price of just over £6 quid! Recommend to all.

Surya Brasil Henna Cream Burgundy 70ml, 2.31fl.oz
Surya Brasil Henna Cream Burgundy 70ml, 2.31fl.oz
Offered by Yourtonic Ltd

4.0 out of 5 stars Creates lovely red highlights but doesn't cover grey., 19 Jun. 2016
I like the idea of being able to use a non chemical product to colour my greys, unfortunately it does not actually do this. However, I do like the red highlights that it creates in my naturally dark brown hair. It also leaves it in lovely silky condition. So I use a chemical permanent hair dye(which does cover grey 100%) to colour the regrowth area on my scalp line and the sideburn area, and then at the next session use the henna. The result is it all seems to blend in nicely together and 'youth is temporarily restored' without being too damaging to my hair.

CharmLeaks Womens Nylon Oxford Tote Shoulder Bag Large Designer Shopper Bags Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Smart Handbag/Shopper, 2 April 2016
I bought this as sometimes I forget to take carriers with me when going to the shops for a few items, and I'm loath to pay 5p when I've loads of carriers at home. This bag is just the right size for both your personal items i.e. purse, car keys, make-up bag, diary, etc, plus extra room for a bit of shopping. Very pleased with it as it also well constructed and stylish too.

Gildan Ladies Soft Style Short Sleeve V-Neck T-Shirt (2XL) (Purple)
Gildan Ladies Soft Style Short Sleeve V-Neck T-Shirt (2XL) (Purple)
Offered by Bowls4u TA 4UTrading Group

2.0 out of 5 stars I ordered this t-shirt as I love the colour, 16 Mar. 2016
I ordered this t-shirt as I love the colour, but unfortunately it is poorly cut and doesn't hang well at all. There is absolutely no stretch in it and therefore not particularly comfortable too wear . Wouldn't buy again.

Womens Girls Straight Leg High Waisted Black School Work Trousers Regular Long (SIZE 14 - INSIDE LEG 33", BLACK)
Offered by Get The Trend Online

1.0 out of 5 stars Poorly cut trosers that wrinkle and refuse to 'hold up', 6 Feb. 2016
Unfortunately, these trousers are cut very badly and don't hang at all well when worn. They wrinkle around the knees and are cut too low, so they gradually creep down resulting in you having to forever haul them up. Now I've had low cut trousers before which do hold up, so the fault is in the design. They need redesigning, so they hang better and are more comfortable to wear. Wore them for a few hours and then binned them. Disappointed.

LADIES NURSE WORK CARER KEEP FIT STRETCH ELASTICATED BOOTLEG TROUSERS IN 3 LENGTHS (8 - 26) (14 (LONG 31"LEG), BLACK)
Offered by celeb look

4.0 out of 5 stars These trousers are good value for money, 5 Feb. 2016
These trousers are good value for money. I'm a size 14 and 5ft 10in. I ordered 31" length and they were just the right leg length, my usual experience is that leg lengths are too short. So pleased about that. However, I did find they were a generous cut and a little too large around the tummy area, but as they do have a 'high waist' they do hold up ok. I would order another pair and perhaps would be tempted to go a size down to get a snugger fit. Material is reasonable quality, so I feel they will wash and wear well. If you want everyday trousers for work or around the home, then 'yes' these should do the job just fine.

Stalwart A-00304 Compressive Waist Support
Stalwart A-00304 Compressive Waist Support
Offered by Net2netuk

2.0 out of 5 stars NOT FIRM ENOUGH TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE & DREADFUL RUBBER SMELL, 15 Oct. 2015
Whilst I could feel some gentle support, I didn't think this waist support was firm enough to really do the job of helping weak back muscles. Also the top of the band curls over constantly and gets uncomfortable. I also found the rubber smell absolutely overpowering and in the end I had to put it in another room when I'd taken it off as it lingered in the air and also on my clothing.

EGG POACHER PACK OF 2 SILICONE GREEN EGG POACHERS GREAT FOR MAKING PERFECT POACHED EGGS. EGG POACHING MADE EASY WITH THESE SILICONE POACHERS. Free Lifetime Guarantee!! Better than Electric Egg Poacher / Mircowave Egg Poacher / Egg Poacher Pan / Egg Boiler / paper Egg poacher / Fusion Brands / Poached Eggs / EGG YOLK
Offered by UMKY

5.0 out of 5 stars QUICK & EFFICIENT WAY TO MAKE POACHED EGGS., 27 Sept. 2015
Yep, is it easy to make poached eggs with these. Have noticed though that they aren't that easy to clean, but otherwise fine.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4