Profile for retrorose > Reviews

Content by retrorose

retrorose

USA Pro Womens Gym Holdall Sports Duffel Bag Travel Case Storage Accessories Aqua/Purple One Size
Offered by Kickback Sports

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect size and lovely colour, 22 Jan. 2017
Bought this for my daughter as she wanted a neater style of PE bag. Really nice colour and good quality.

Vintage Style: A New Approach To Home Decorating
Vintage Style: A New Approach To Home Decorating
by Cath Kidston

5.0 out of 5 stars A book to pick up and read time and time again, 31 Dec. 2011
I bought this book years ago at Amazon. Every so often I pick it up again and read it, and it never fails to inspire me. The pictures are great but it is the intricate description of her thoughts behind the decorating and how she put it all together that really makes this book a classic well worn favourite. It will have you scouring charity shops in no time!

Homemade Gifts Vintage Style
Homemade Gifts Vintage Style
by Sarah Moore

5.0 out of 5 stars Right up my street, 29 Dec. 2011
This book is so accessible. Many of the ideas were things I had made, but forgotten about. Instead of finding this disappointing I felt that I was completely in tune with the ethos and sentiments expressed in the book. It really got me crafting again, and there are so many new ideas too. I can't recommend it enough.

The Homemade Home
The Homemade Home
by Sania Pell

5.0 out of 5 stars Creative juices are now flowing!, 19 July 2010
This review is from: The Homemade Home (Hardcover)
I have a lot of craft books, although I am more of a novice than anything. I read about them as opposed to doing them. This book is just that little bit more special than others. The projects are beautiful and explained very clearly. I didn't feel patronised at all. The simplicity of all the projects but ability to make them more tricky if you wish is useful; and I think the best thing about it, is that the ideas and the style of writing really inspires you to think for yourself and go your own way. I have already made some tea light holders and have about twenty other projects tabbed to do. Plenty of variety too for non sew-ers. I got this from the library but feel I may have to buy it.