Profile for Avonova > Reviews

Content by Avonova

Avonova (Thames)

Whitechapel (Complete Collection) - 6-DVD Box Set ( White chapel - Series 1-4 )
Whitechapel (Complete Collection) - 6-DVD Box Set ( White chapel - Series 1-4 )
Dvd ~ Philip Davis
Offered by DaaVeeDee-uk

3.0 out of 5 stars Great Series But Disappointed in the (Complete Collection), 3 Oct. 2016
I bought the complete collection as they came out and have just started watching them again. I was so happy when I watched Series 1 and found that it had subtitles because my hearing has deteriorated since I first watched Whitechapel on TV. Unfortunately Series 2 has no subtitles and now I a am watching Series 3 which also has no subtitles. I thought by now that it might have been put out as a collection, have subtitles and maybe some extras and I would buy it again but no, it's just the four series in a box together and the price is outrageous at £69.68. I like this series and would like to have given it 5 stars but obviously it wasn't liked enough in Britain for them to put out an improved collection rather than just this 'Complete Collection.' Very disappointed!

No Title Available

2.0 out of 5 stars Not how it appears!, 8 Jun. 2012
I bought this glass mug from Eminence Gifts. I ordered a personalised cat photo. When the mug arrived and I opened the package a friend asked me "What are those blobs on the mug?" I told him it was supposed to be a photo of my friend's cat and that I wanted to give the mug to her as a birthday gift. Needless to say, I have to find her something else. I contacted Eminence Gifts who couldn't guarantee a replacement would be any better so they offered me a ceramic mug which are very common. I asked for a refund and they clammed up, went on something called a bank holiday and I, living in Australia was supposed to know that. I had a deadline for receiving this gift for the birthday. When they did answer my email they were rude and insulting and refused to pay the return postage if I sent the order back. If somebody else is doing photo's on glass mugs, give them a go but not Eminence Gifts, it's hit and miss with them and they treat their customers as if everything is their fault and that their business is completely without blame.