Profile for Glen > Reviews

Content by Glen

Total Workday Control Using Microsoft Outlook: The Eight Best Practices of Task and E-mail Management
by Michael Linenberger

4.0 out of 5 stars Total control? Well, almost..., 20 Aug. 2012
I can't claim to have implemented the "Eight Best Practices" fully - which may be why I haven't yet achieved "Total Control" but this book has certainly improved my control of both a busy work-schedule and an ever-improving Forgettory!
The book outlines a "workday" scenario which many will relate-to. It then gives you the option of either "quick start" or "read howto in detail" for the changes in the standard Outlook configuration needed to make the system work. You may see these changes as "dauntingly radical" (for example - "empty your Inbox of ALL messages" !) but the more-detailed explanations may give you the courage to try it.
Read in conjunction with David Allen's Getting Things Done: How to Achieve Stress-free Productivity I've found it a useful tool - I just wish I'd found it 10 years ago!

Catwatch Cat Deterrent
Catwatch Cat Deterrent
Offered by Nutbags garden bird foods

4.0 out of 5 stars Cat Watching, 25 Mar. 2011
This review is from: Catwatch Cat Deterrent
Catwatch Cat Deterrent I've bought 2 of these so far, and both are working well. I put mine against their favorite "toilet bush" and their obnoxious smell vanished within 3 days. (Before Catwatch, I rarely saw a cat, we could just smell they'd "visited"!)
I sent the second to my friend and she reported watching a cat sit on her fence, debating, before deciding not to come any closer. Job done.
A simple visual check (Does the red light come on when you go near) means it's easy to see when the battery needs replacing.
Only one drawback - squirrels can't hear it. But there's probably a different version for them if you really want to keep them out.