Profile for Mrs. G. Mahendiran > Reviews

Content by Mrs. G. Mahendiran

Mrs. G. Mahendiran "Shanthi" (London, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Vapoursson ENVOD | Electronic Cigarette Starter kit | Micro USB Rechargeable Battery | 10ml Tobacco Liquid | Silicon Holder | E Shisha | Premium Vaping
Offered by Cigee

5.0 out of 5 stars High quality, great vape, micro usb charging., 6 Dec. 2015
Great starter kit. Works perfectly, gives a pleasant experience and produces lots of vapour. Best bit is the micro USB charging of the battery with a rubber stand to place on the table. Came with 10ml of free eliquid which was a nice touch. For the price, it's incredible value for a high quality product.
Thank you.

Lumie Brazil - Large 10,000lux SAD Light Therapy Lamp
Lumie Brazil - Large 10,000lux SAD Light Therapy Lamp

5.0 out of 5 stars its useful for anyone, 4 Oct. 2014
Note: remove foam protection from inside where bulbs are before use.

Really bright, different to the blue wavelength lights that require similar or shorter time each day. I prefer this as it illuminates my room and i use it as a general light too.

Sit 35 cms away, may vary but curvature helps and too be honest, whilst it is bright, the receptors that reset the body clock, are found in the peripheral retina. Ie... Light entering from the side without looking directly does the job.

Takes a few days to really differentiate from placebo but for me its obvious immediately as i am very sensitive to the change in seasons and feel mood changes in the autumn and even on dark summer days.

Give it a try, its useful for anyone, not just those who suffer greatly. I believe anybody can benefit from increased energy and better sleep and mood. We are creatures after all, and most creatures change their behaviour in the darker months, either by bailing to the where the sunshine is, or sleeping.

All the besy.

Asus GeForce 210 Nvidia Silent Graphics Card (PCI Express 2.0, 1GB, DDR3, Low Profile, HDMI, DVI-I, VGA, 64-bit, Full HD 1080p Entertainment)

4.0 out of 5 stars silence is cheap. Asus quality and design, hp g7 server with slight mods., 4 Oct. 2014
Inexpensive nvidia gpu, no fan noise due to heatsink that looks like waves crashing upon a shore. The quality is as expected from Asus and whilst it is limited in its horsepower, i believe there are 12 cuda cores (GTX 780 has around 2304 cores and cost several hundred pounds), this silent card will be sufficient for a media server where the integrated gpu is limited. I have an hp g7 server which cost around 100 pounds and running ubuntu 12.04 desktop, the integrated card was sufficient fir a plex server. But there is only a vga monitor out, this card has hdmi thus video and sound output in one.

Word of caution for using in hp g7 media server, this card will not fit without a little modding, ie... Bending a few fins as the x16 slot is at the left and fins contact a metal protrusion. It will fit after a little fiddling... Insert card in mb and then tilt to right after bending the highest ridges of heatsink a few mm back, following the curvature.

Finally, no half height bracket, so to fit in g7, one must either buy one or, cut backet by removing the vga cable space using bolt cutters etc. It works but some may choose to just buy a lower profile card. Its easy to mod the asus card but its not as simple as simply inserting a card.

Works great for me, and whilst it wont play games that need powerful cores and memory bandwith, for basic computer use, its great.

Other models exist now, more powerful versions but to be honest, this is sufficient if low power, silence and general use is important and a more powerful gt card may not be worth it.

For gaming thought, right now, the nbidia gtx 970 is great bank for buck, and so is the r9 gtx 280 in sli, ie two cards in crossfire, or even 280x.

Baco Professional Extra Thick Cling Film 300m x 30cm
Baco Professional Extra Thick Cling Film 300m x 30cm

4.0 out of 5 stars One of the best purchases... great for wrapping., 28 July 2014
Epic stuff...significantly thicker and strong than the normal stuff from the supermarket. I used it to wrap up items to put in the garage, boxes of things I have bought, all sorts of things worth protecting from damp, and despite being utterly generous with it, I don't think I will run out soon. Bare in mind though that whilst it is thicker, I am not sure if it is the same as the airport cling film that they use to wrap your luggage for a fee. I think however, it would work if you layered it because after a few, you can apply force to pull it tighter. One tip is that you can take the roll out of the box and work more freely and since there is so much of it, you can rather than make a cut to start a next section, just use your imagination to find a way to not have to do this.

Its one of the best purchases I have made because I have wrapped thoroughly and transferred items from the house into the garage, even electrical items and I am confident that with the level of wrapping, they are protected and my home is more spacious. One final wrapping tip, once cling filmed up, use some wide cello tape to add onto the edges, and more, you can write on it with permanent markers so you will know what it is if you ever need to find it easily. Great product Baco and as always thank you Amazon. Happy wrapping

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars quality black box that does not disappoint., 28 July 2014
Small quality box that does all that is stated in the description. The remote control and infra red receiver is a bonus and works well, and I even managed to get my LG G3 to learn the IR codes with its built in app and that makes it even greater. I would suggest using good HDMI cables as depending on the TV technology, there are various things to consider. Regardless as a simple and quality HDMI switch, it works great. There is also no need to use the IR components as there is a button on the box that switch through the various inputs accompanied by a led for each input. Basically it is a good quality product, but one aspect that puzzled me is that there is a input for a 5v power supply which made me initially think CSL forgot to include one. Apparently, so far for my uses, (HDMI->pc, ps4, chrome cast, wii u) it appears to draw current for the LEDS from the inputs, but I did try with a correct voltage matched power supply and it made no difference to me. I think so long as the HDMI plugged to any input comes from a powered device (can't really think of a situation when this would not be the case), the leds and IR function works. I must say that I am curious for the need because with technology these days, who knows what awesome stuff could be awaiting with a simple thing like a little voltage.
Great work CSL for the design and manufacture of a great product. And to Amazon for their service.

fitTek Hubsan X4 Protection Ring Black for H107/H107L
fitTek Hubsan X4 Protection Ring Black for H107/H107L
Offered by ceShop-EU

4.0 out of 5 stars unless your experienced or simple cautious and read manuals… buy this or tomorrow you wont be able to fly, 25 July 2014
Buy immediately if a novice. I destroyed all rotors in a day trying to learn. Also I recommedation the other multikit with spare bsttery and lots of rotors plus a new shell.

Item fits perfectly but upon impacts, can rise up shafts and apply friction to rotor. It does not damage it but just makes the motor work harder and eat more bsttery. Easy fix is to check one in a while. You can tell by the sound when there is friction that is simply fixed.

Does add some mass, not much but enough to shave a mi ute or so from flight time but necessary fir those like me that never read manuals and just wing it. In this case, I would recommend this item because in addition to novices like me, there is an expert mode that when activated, damn makes the responsiveness ninja fast for flips so if in the house, worth buying for anyone. Flips can be done indoors but note altitude is lost in maneuver. Have fun. My commendations to hubsan for the model and the parts to ensure I can play every day and not worry about crashing.

Silverline 427522 F-Clamp Heavy Duty (Deep Capacity), 300 x 120 mm
Silverline 427522 F-Clamp Heavy Duty (Deep Capacity), 300 x 120 mm
Offered by Transtools

4.0 out of 5 stars strong and dependable with countless uses…, 25 July 2014
Well made, solid construction, and nice rubber handle to make the final application of load. Perfect for woodworking and I am sure it will last forever. Wish I had bought a larger one, in terms of height and radius. You never know what else it can be used for. I for example used it to temporarily hold a vice to a bench. It worked and the vice was a stanley max steel 150mm one that was heavy.

Only negative is that the points of contact are plastic that fit over the metal but come off. Potentially they could be glued but they fit right back on with a little friction. A good side is that wooden replacements could easily be molded to cover a larger surface if one was worried about force damaging materials. Even simpler is to use scrap wood for whatever job you need.

Price is excellent, amazon amazing as always. And my thanks to silverline for producing an essential workshop item with quality and strength at a price one can reach and not regret. .

Pilot Capless Medium Retractable Fountain Pen with Rhodium Trim - Silver
Pilot Capless Medium Retractable Fountain Pen with Rhodium Trim - Silver

5.0 out of 5 stars Japanese Quality and Design, 25 Nov. 2012
I love this fountain pen. Make no mistake, this retractible nib is more than just a gimmick, it is a carefully designed mechanism that is incredibly useful in real life. Moreover, the nib in my opinion is as smooth as silk.

I had actually ordered the pen with a Medium nib from amazon, however, a Fine nib was delivered. I have alway found Fine nibs to be unpleasant to write with for they are inclined to be scratchy. I was totally amazed when I inked this baby up. It is utterly smooth in every direction, and considering that Japanese Nibs tend to be Finer by design across all sizes than those made by the rest of the world, it is remarkable how pleasurable writing with this pen is. Another unexpected benefit of this fine nib is that it uses up so little ink, a single refill using the supplied convertor lasts for a very long time. Another aspect of the nib that I appreciate is that it is replaceable so essentially one can buy nibs to cover all the various sizes and styles and use within the same body. Finally, the nib has a very small and slim profile and one may be inclined to feel that this will effect writing style and ease of use, but rest assured, it does not detract at all from the experience.

One point worth noting is that some people have complained about ink flow using the old style convertors. The convertor I was provided however is the new style that Pilot made to solve this issue. There is a metal component within the convertor chamber that works by gravity to ensures that the whatever ink is contained within is available for the nib and thus ensures continuous flow. I have never experienced a flow problem, not when using for long periods and importantly, the pen writes immediately every time I expose the nib, even if I pick the pen up after a week.

The retractable mechanism is designed elegantly and there is quality regarding the motion and sufficient resistance to provide a satisfying click and help prevent accidental activation whilst in a pocket (Bare in mind however, if enough force is used, the nib will be exposed accidentally and damage could occur). When retracted, the nib is totally protected as a metal flap in the mechanism moves to cover the surface and seals the nib within. This prevents dust and debris accessing the internal chamber as well as any ink leaking out. The ability to use a single hand to begin and finish writing with a fountain pen is more useful than I could have possibly imagined. It saves a remarkable amount of time and keeps the other hand free to do something else. Moreover, there is no possibility of losing the lid :)

The clip of the pen is placed such that for some people, this may prevent them from holding the pen in their natural way. However, it does not cause a problem for me, and in fact, the clip narrows and curves which actually facilitates my grip. Another point is that due to the design, the place where one would grip is reasonably wide which again for me seems to help my grip but I guess it all depends on the user.

The pen also has a reasonably weight, it is not heavy but it is not light. I find that much of the weight is located at the nib end and thus the balance is great. I suggest that if possible, try it out before you make your final decision, I also had several of these concerns but within moments of use, all concerns dissolved into pleasure. To finish, the pen looks much much better in person, the photos do not do it justice.

I have had the pen now for several months and have used it heavily without any issues. My belief is that the mechanism will last the test of time.

To conclude, it is an expensive pen, but for the writing experience it provides, the smooth solid gold nib and the quality and usefulness of the design, I feel it justifies its price. Thank you Pilot for an amazing pen and to Amazon for providing a reasonable price and strangely, for delivering a Fine when I ordered Medium.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 18, 2013 11:32 AM BST

Introduction to Protein Structure
Introduction to Protein Structure
by Carl Ivar Branden

5.0 out of 5 stars A Comprehensive and inspiring text that has survived the test of time., 3 Nov. 2012
This book was written over 20 years ago but it is a special book. It has remained a recommended text despite its age purely for the way it concisely familiarises the reader with the fundamental aspects of protein structure, utilising clear examples supplemented with excellent figures in such a way, that for me, inspired my imagination to delve into the world of proteins. It is an easy read, with short chapters, yet it paints a detailed and compelling picture.

The only downside, which I personally do not consider such as it is aptly named, is that it does not contain the latest developments from this field. If this is what you specifically require, then I would suggest reading the latest publications. If however you require a concise text that will guide you through the fundamental complexities of protein structure, most of which remain unchanged, then I dare say you will not be disappointed.

I owe the writers my sincere thanks for breaching a complex subject and inspiring my imagination many years ago. To this day I retain a copy and it is, even now, referenced often.

Griffin GB02480 Survivor Military Duty Case with Stand for New iPad & iPad 2 - Black
Offered by K Direct

4.0 out of 5 stars Tough enough for me, 11 Sept. 2012
This is an impressive case offering significant protection with a two-layer design, however be warned that it adds quite a bit of bulk and weight to the new ipad. The quality is high and the fit is perfect with dedicated cut outs or flaps for cameras (Front and back), volume rocker, on/off switch, speaker and dock connector. Whilst I have not tested it, I am inclined to believe that it would remain dry if exposed to rain.

There is a plastic screen protector built into the front. It succeeds in protecting the Ipad from the rain but it reduces the responsiveness of the ipad screen somewhat - it works perfectly if you apply a little greater force than normal but if you expect to use feather light touches, I would say that around 20% of the time, gestures are missed through the built in protector.

More problematic however is that the screen protector occludes the sharpness and clarity of the retina display - the screen is still clearly visible but the crispness and beauty of the retina display is lost somewhat.

Whilst the screen protector protects the ipad screen from fingerprints, it picks up fingerprints itself. The other issue is that it marks very easily and once this has happened, there is no way to repair this.

The one great thing however is that the screen protector can be removed as it is attached to the front of the case with double sided sticky tape. If you buy a dedicated screen protector that does not reduce responsiveness or cloud the retina display, you can remove the plastic one built in the case. This would however make it less waterproof.

If you drop your ipad with this case, it would be protected most of the time, the rubber will absorb much of the force and even if dropped screen side down onto the floor, the rubber lip would serve its purpose. However, if you dropped it onto a protrusion that hits the screen directly however, the screen will feel the full force of the impact. The built in screen protector will not help for this.

There is a stand built into the case which clips on and can be removed if required. It is rather limited as it has only two positions, open (0 degrees) and closed (approx 40 degrees). It does the job and is useful but I would not trust its stability in a moving vehicle. One other issue is that the way it clips onto the rubber case seems to have loosened a little since I bought it. It is not really a problem but maybe down the line it could become an issue.

Finally, the new Ipad seems to produce significant amounts of heat at times and this case prevents proper ventilation. This has not caused a problem for me but just be aware of this if you spend hours playing GPU intensive games, it might become an issue.

To conclude, this is a heavy duty case that offers substantial protection but results in added bulk and weight. The quality of the main case is high, the fit is perfect and there are dedicated cut-outs/flaps so that everything is accessible. The screen protector may protect against dust and water and a degree of scratching to the ipad screen, but it reduces responsiveness, clarity and marks easily. It however can be removed easily. The removable stand is useful but limited in its diversity of positions and whilst is reasonably stable for everyday use, it will fall if you knock a table with sufficient force. A good purchase for the price. Whether it is actually military duty, is open to opinion. It is certainly the most protective type of case I have encountered and I would feel comfortable letting little children use my ipad in the way that a child would. Thank you Griffin and Amazon.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 22, 2012 2:05 PM BST