Profile for Donkey Rhubarb > Reviews

Donkey Rhubarb (Utopia)

They Blind The Stars & The Wild Team
They Blind The Stars & The Wild Team

5.0 out of 5 stars A treasure all of my own, 23 Dec. 2010
I was eagerly awaiting their follow up to Fractions to see what they would come up with and boy was I surprised. Gone are the beats, gone are the vocals, here we have two discs, very much different yet they compliment one another perfectly. Disc 1 reminds me a bit of the My Bloody Valentine where disc 2 is pure ambient. This album grows with each listen, it just gets better and better. A classic, maybe, it's certainly getting there. Apparently they are superb to see live. will have to keep an eye out for their UK tour.

Gone To Earth
Gone To Earth

5.0 out of 5 stars His finest work..., 13 May 2008
This review is from: Gone To Earth (Audio CD)
This albums conjures up so many memories for me going back to the late 80s in my late teens, dark winter nights in the rain listening to this on my walkman, the times I would trance out to this album. This guy introduced me to ambient before anyone else, Eno included. The man epitimises art, a born poet. Go take that journey and buy this double album, Disc 2 would stand up alone as one of the finest ambient albums of all time, even now!! Loving that review by that chappie with his comment about Oban in Scotland. The highlands would be ideal to listen to this, it's as if he wrote it with those landscapes in mind.

And their Refinement of the Decline
And their Refinement of the Decline
Offered by Fulfillment Express

5.0 out of 5 stars Soul soaring, 18 Jan. 2008
I'm amazed there haven't been more reviews to this but then again I'm glad, I want to keep this all to myself. Really, this is that good. My spirit is in flight whilst listening to this. Finally a soundtrack to my very being, somebody actually gets it, I am no longer alone, my search is over.

Fractions
Fractions
Offered by rsc-media

4.0 out of 5 stars Oh but you should ..., 25 Dec. 2006
This review is from: Fractions (Audio CD)
Treat yourself, track 1 is average which is why it gets the 4 stars (harsh I'm sure) but other than that, pure joy. Kick back and float away

Closer [DVD] [2004] [2005]
Closer [DVD] [2004] [2005]
Dvd ~ Julia Roberts
Offered by A ENTERTAINMENT

5.0 out of 5 stars Is it just me, why the three ??, 8 Sept. 2006
This review is from: Closer [DVD] [2004] [2005] (DVD)
I just love this film. So raw and powerful, excellent performances, tough and gritty. This film really moved me, it's so refreshing to see films like this out there. Not many people seem to get it though, perhaps it's just too CLOSE to the harsh realities of life in that way that Leaving Las Vegas, Naked, Nil by Mouth or Bad Lieutenant are, not everyone wants to see that side of life, hence the 3 stars but it surely deserves the 5 I've given it here. I've also included this in my 25 all time films of which this has the poorest rating, sadly.