Profile for laago > Reviews

Microsoft Wireless Desktop 800 Keyboard and Mouse Set - UK Layout
Microsoft Wireless Desktop 800 Keyboard and Mouse Set - UK Layout
Offered by Don Ruffles

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible product, 22 Nov. 2012
If - stars could be used it would be -5!
Horrible quality, horrible keys & functions compared with 4 other keyboards I owned.
SENT IT BACK.

Epson Stylus Sx235W All-In-One Printer with High Speed Wifi (Print, Copy and Scan)

3.0 out of 5 stars Installation..........................problems, 27 Sept. 2012
I wanted this cheap model because it has better resolution than the newer replacement.
However as with my Lexmark 4900, (slow as a snail for printing & huge s/w problems), it also had installing problems.
Put in the CD wait, eventually you get to wifi or USB connection. I chose wifi. You get a message saying this could take 2 minutes. After 15 mins I started again & again ............no error messages.......... 3rd time it installed properly.
I prefer Epson to others for quality & also have had an A3 Epson for several years without ANY problems.

Panasonic Lumix FZ62 Bridge Camera - Black (16.1MP, 24x Optical Zoom) 3 inch LCD

1.0 out of 5 stars What else can you buy? Something more reliable., 11 Sept. 2012
UPDATED 23/7/2013
After only 8 months of light use I sometimes have problems with turning it off without taking out the battery.
Problems with C1 program, it always defaults to Movie mode, impossible to change it.
Similar problems with Zoom, sometimes works sometimes not, when it fails again take out battery then replace.
I am in touch with both Panasonic and Amazon about returning it under guarantee.
I still have a 7 year old Olympus fortunately no such problem.

UPDATED 2/10/2012
I agree with the other reviewer/writer it has excellent features, too many without a manual to hand, also too many menus.
Without actually looking at the rear buttons before shooting it is easy to hit the wrong one/button during use, especially the AF/AF closeup/MF button, sometimes I manage to touch one by mistake in use & I don't have an enormous thumb! The red movie button on the top seems eratic both beginning & stopping a movie, sometimes does not work for me so I prefer to use the main dial for movie mode, also the on/off lever feels as if 1 day it will snap!
Since writing the above I have definitely found the buttons on the back a problem, touching them without trying, & the design of the body with a space for your thumb.........you need deformed hands to use it, that's probably why I touch the buttons accidentally, the auto focus does not focus on the object always, sometimes on something in front of it to the side instead, I've tried changing the focus modes to no avail.
OTHER GRIPES...............NO MOVABLE SCREEN, also the lens cover..............problems getting off & on!
The zoom lens works well in low light, & now have made good movies & shot reasonable photos in Auto mode. The stills are OK but I expected more, especially using the Zoom the camera does not auto-focus well in my opinion. Another big gripe as has been stated in all reviews is the lack of any extended time mode. I used to like shooting the night sky, also movement of speed shots, not possible at all.
I have owned 2 Olympus cameras previously & both were better thought out body-wise, also allowed night shots etc.
I did think about sending it back but shall continue in my quest for excellence because what else is available?
So to sum up..........
GOOD
Value for money & features compared with competitors, I spent days researching them all.
Has a viewfinder.
Some/most photos are good.
Movies.
Battery life.
BAD
Stills focusing. On one menu option it has various so-called focus points outlined together, who wants that, I just want to focus on the main object?
If I could I would post examples but not sure you can with comments?
No extended exposure.
Instructions.
UGLY
Body design & button placement.
Panasonic website/sites, although they do respond quickly.
Comment Comments (40) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 9, 2012 4:44 PM GMT

Edifice Black Label Solar Multi-Band Atomic Alarm Chronograph Link Bracelet
Edifice Black Label Solar Multi-Band Atomic Alarm Chronograph Link Bracelet

3.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value 3rd impressions, 10 Jun. 2012
Ok update on my old reviews this is the 3rd impression..................
I am a watch collector/repairer never bought an expensive quartz before due to the battery changing problems. I've had about 10 Swatches which are value for money but if left with battery inside tend to get corroded, also if you don't change them yourself some jewelers f..k up the seals due to heavy hands!
Anyway Casio have almost cracked it here apart from looking closely, with a magnifying glass I see the yellow between the hour icons is some sort of adhesive plastic NOT PAINTED, the hands are 'pressed', not very well made & finally after my 1st review I see a hair caught in the hand of the 24 hour dial! Also be warned it comes to fit a very large wrist which will be a bit difficult to alter. Maybe get the seller to do it before sending?
I found a very informative video on U Tube to help you do this yourself.
[...] it's been deleted by Amazon!

So back to the watch.............it is difficult to set up but if you read the informative manual at least six times, not bad as are a lot of Japanese/Chinese translations! My watch arrived working fine, all you need to do is set your timezone/timezones, alarm etc once it's charged.
It is a well designed timepiece, not bulky like my other automatic chrono's, with as many functions as you will ever need or indeed get for this price, except a day function. It has a matt finish for the bracelet & polished for the watch case, very smart but you need to eat plenty of carrots to see everything or use a magnifying glass as me!
I had read reports saying the black coating scratches easily, that obviously depends how you treat it & possibly how long you wear it for, another criticism was some people received the watch with damaged hands, 'they are very fragile'. I suggest you ask the seller, before shipping, to check these points for you as I did. Mine arrived perfect apart from the hair inside the dial. I have emailed Casio about the faults/comments & received a reply after 3 emails from Germany, apparently the European head office. They said send it back..............OK but why should I pay for the P & Packing when a hair is embedded in the watch, also be without it for how long?

To sum up...........very time consuming to change settings, (so I don't), reasonably good value, good looking, good features albeit miniature, therefore almost useless, the alarm needs you to have perfect hearing otherwise a waste of time. 2 stars off due to the yellow adhesive, hands & hair but you need to look very very closely to spot them. As far as Casio goes, I don't think I would buy another due to lack of quality control at factory, wherever it is!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 21, 2013 9:47 PM BST

De'Longhi Magnifica Bean to Cup Espresso/Cappuccino Coffee Machine ESAM4200 - Silver

1.0 out of 5 stars Not good coffee BAD DESIGN, 10 Feb. 2012
I have had this machine just about 3 years. It makes reasonabley good coffee but is unreliable.
The 1st problem was beans sticking in the top where they enter the grinder after 15 months. I contacted DeLonghi who suggested it was stones in the beans & I should send it back but the postage was too high. So I emptied out the beans & managed with a knife, to carefully dis-engage the offending beans, this has happened many times since & also the switches sometimes appear faulty, for instance it shows coffee grout bin is full when it has just been used once, water is empty when it's full etc. I think the detector on the main-board is faulty. More recently after 2 years the steam has become so weak the only use it has is to heat the milk, no froth.
I have since gone back to my original 8 year old small De Longhi manual expresso maker which although it has the same problem with the steamer, the coffee is far superior.
Considering the price I feel the machine warrants better quality design of the parts used, I would not recommend any De Longhi product it to anyone.

Asrock Z68 PRO3-M Micro-ATX Motherboard (Socket 1155, Onboard Sound and LAN)
Asrock Z68 PRO3-M Micro-ATX Motherboard (Socket 1155, Onboard Sound and LAN)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 7 Feb. 2012
Good product, easy to install.
I ended up with an Asrock Z68 PRO3-M Micro-ATX Motherboard (Socket 1155, Onboard Sound and LAN)
Good product, great packaging, useful S/W, easy to install. I had previously tried the Intel equivalent which was just mailed in a plastic bag & an Amazon card covering, no instructions so took ages on the net finding info. When installed = no sound! Returned it & bought an Asus equivalent which was packed better & had instructions but found the Asus box a little damaged, installed & all Dead, be warned! Also remember the power supply goes in 1st so if you want to remove it everything else has to come out. This is for my case, it may not be if you use a full size case, if you use a full size case, use a normal size ATX board.

Here is a complete list of my recent (January 2012) home built PC costing 720 euros.
Case Cooler Master Elite 360 - Mini tower - ATX CPU CPU
CPU - Intel Core i7 2600K / 3.4 GHz - LGA1155 Socket - L3 8 MB
Motherboard - Asrock Z68 PRO3-M Micro-ATX Motherboard
Memory Corsair - CMX8GX3M2A1333C9 - Memory - DDR3 1333 - 8 GB
Graphics Card None ................ i7 3000, I tried a GT520 Slower than the integrated Intel, sent back!
Hard Drive - Western Digital Caviar Black - Internal Hard Drive 3.5 "- 1 TB SATA III
INet - Wireless TP-Link - TL-WN851N - Wireless N PCI Card - 300Mbps - MiMo - 2 antennas
Power Supply Be Quiet - BQT L7-530W - PC Power Supply - ATX - 530 W. Not so QUIET not good, buy another. DVD R / Writer - Liteon iHAS324
DVD Player recorder - Liteon IHAS 124 internal
Internal multi card reader - LECT-MUL-CAR -C109 Multi-card Reader Internal 3.5 "
Logitech wireless keyboard & mouse, not a good choice, it's USA layout has no POUND symbol, also sometimes misses other symbols when typing, avoid Logitech!
Finally I used 2 dust filters - DEMCiflex dust filter 80mm & 120mm also Silverstone SF01 internal system noise reducer foam, to try to get rid of noise from Power supply, best to install this before all else otherwise almost impossible. Actually I have not found the Silverstone foam to decrease the noise!

Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-4400 - computer TV tuners (Analog, DVB-T, DVB-S, 1, Y, H.264, PCI Express, 1.5 GHz, Windows XP/7/Vista)

2.0 out of 5 stars OK but nothing special, 15 Nov. 2011
Pros
Easy to fit & use, it works.
Cons I Bought this to use 4400 to build HTPC year Hoping It Would replace AXIL year digital TV receiver / recorder & a CLARKE TECH Satellite receiver / recorder Malthus Gaining space & less cables. Shall I Need to Keep Both for quality alone. Shall I use the 4400 just for convenience. Picture quality poor year for Comparing HD card with a set top box. My signal strength IS 98%. Takes ages to search for Sat & TV Programs, about an Hour. Also Does not pick up my All Programs That Clarke-Tech HD 3011, (a brilliant box), does, Especially German ones on Hotbird 13. Sometimes the Media TV hangs up. No instructions for the remote control. Nothing Mentioned on Hauppauge website about thesis or failings Problems, They Told Me After Purchasing Them When I contacted by email. The response time is about 2 days. If anyone knows of a Good Alternative Media TV card or connectable s / w please let me know.

Hama Wireless Keyboard 2.4GHz
Hama Wireless Keyboard 2.4GHz

5.0 out of 5 stars the best, 25 Aug. 2011
I was so impressed with this keyboard having also tried several different Logitech before & since I now buy all available Hama products......................cables etc etc.
This keyboard was the smallest, lightest & most reliable WiFi I've had.

Luger LG Series LG 10x25 Compact Lightweight Binoculars | BK-7 Prism | Rubber Coating | FREE Pouch

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good value, 25 Aug. 2011
These are my 3rd pair of binoculars, previously had a pair of Zeiss that were the best but very very heavy, then a cheap special offer 15 euros pair. These are excellent value & very light.
My only criticism is there are NO LENS COVERS.